[Release] JP HUD Final (new update as of Dec. 2023)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomguy5th

Re: [WIP] JP HUD v3

Post by Doomguy5th »

:mrgreen: This is a very good HUD!! It's good for all mods, because I can detect how much health one monster has. For example, I just detected that the Brutal Doom Cyberdemon has like 8000 health when using this HUD (holy crap). Really love this HUD but there is one thing that bugs me.

-I can't tell which keycards I have. Those keycards aren't showing up on the HUD, which really bugs me. I know nothing about making HUDs (just DECORATE), but still. How do I fix this?

EDIT:
jpalomo wrote:I've uploaded a new version. Your target's name is now displayed right below the health bar. There is also a new normal HUD (still WIP). Currently held keys are displayed in the top right corner and can be toggled with Strife's key list popup control. It should be playable with any IWAD now (Strife looks a little weird, not sure how to fix).
Oh wait. Thanks for posting that. Ugh. Sorry. I'm kinda used to the Normal Doom HUD. LOL :mrgreen:

EDIT2: Whoops not 8000 health. 4000 health.
jpalomo

Re: [WIP] JP HUD v4

Post by jpalomo »

I made a note of it in the first post. Hopefully no one misses it now. New version is up. This one adds a cvar to change the normal statusbar's color from 4 presets. You can change it in the options menu. I've also modified the offsets a little.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jpalomo wrote:I made a note of it in the first post. Hopefully no one misses it now. New version is up. This one adds a cvar to change the normal statusbar's color from 4 presets. You can change it in the options menu. I've also modified the offsets a little.
Great work :D

I like it :)
Velaron

Post by Velaron »

Will it ever work for Zandronum?
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Not until it catches up to ZDoom. There are simply too many missing features that will prevent this from working properly.

I will add more options in the next version, such as disabling/moving the enemy health bar, and keeping the keys displayed.
Velaron

Post by Velaron »

I understand, maybe If removing the Monster's Name under the health bar and removing unsupported features it would work? Also look like you need to align numbers etc manually.
jpalomo

Re: [WIP] JP HUD v5

Post by jpalomo »

New version uploaded. This adds a few more options in the menu, as well as adding more stuff to the normal hud. I've tried my best to fix the HUD for Hexen and Strife. I've also forced the normal HUD to scale, so the enemy health bar displays properly on all resolutions now. It should support 640x480 and up now. The sbarinfo file is a lot messier now, so if you need help figuring it out send me a message.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Looking good once again :D

Well done :)

EDIT : Ok after playing with it a bit here is the feebacks

1 - The enemy health bar is using a font too small, it's almost unreadable at resolutions higher than 800x600 - simple to correct, just use "bigfont" instead of "smallfont" and it's solved ;)

2 - For some reasons the default status bar isn't filling all the width of the screen when the "Stretch status bar" option is enabled. - i have no idea how to fix that one. Maybe Blue Shadow could shed some lights on that one to tell you what's wrong with the stretching.

3 - The enemy health bar placements - left and right - are too far away from the player's vision to be useful and since the bar itself isn't big enough to be noticeable - same for the bottom placement which is a bit alone in its bottom right corner - you can solve it doing the following

a) simply rearrange the bars locations
b) use a crosshair relative "y" location keeping the bar at the center of relative "x" center of the screen but at different vertical locations like at the top of the screen, just above the monster's head, just under the monster and at the bottom center of the screen. Since the monster's health bar is 253 long the correct x would be 126.5+center to make it perfectly centered.

I hope it helps :)
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Endless123 wrote:For some reasons the default status bar isn't filling all the width of the screen when the "Stretch status bar" option is enabled.
For me, the stretch option has no effect, which isn't a surprise, since with the base resolution the HUD is setting (640 x 480), one probably needs to set their in-game resolution to something that is double that or higher to have an effect; I use a resolution of 800 x 600.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Blue Shadow wrote:
Endless123 wrote:For some reasons the default status bar isn't filling all the width of the screen when the "Stretch status bar" option is enabled.
For me, the stretch option has no effect, which isn't a surprise, since with the base resolution the HUD is setting (640 x 480), one probably needs to set their in-game resolution to something that is double that or higher to have an effect; I use a resolution of 800 x 600.
I tried at 640x480. 800x600 and 1024x768 and there is no change. I guess it's time for me to buy a new HD monitor to replace my old monitor. I'm probably one of the rare guy with a crappy 20 inches monitor (non-HD of course :P) that is used with a 2g GPU :lol:
milosvuk

Post by milosvuk »

Up till Jp HUD v4, the enemy health bar has been displaying properly. In v5 the enemy health bar won't display.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

milosvuk wrote:Up till Jp HUD v4, the enemy health bar has been displaying properly. In v5 the enemy health bar won't display.
Check the options menu. It's possible that the position setting is set to "no bar".
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Neat. Not too keen on the white face background though.
Black?
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

You will need to copy only the needed code from sbarinfo. The code is a little messy, so contact me on the ZDoom forums if you need help.
I dont understand what to do :/

I have this statbar : http://killerinstinct.ath.cx:2000/wads/ ... _16_10.pk3

There is a SBARINFO and a FONTDEFS file in it.

So what I have to do now to have the same HUD like my one, but with the HP Bars?

Copy & Paste the files is logical, but I dont understand what to do with your sbarinfo and with mine, or to say it short:
You will need to copy only the needed code from sbarinfo. The code is a little messy, so contact me on the ZDoom forums if you need help.
I dont understand what you mean :(

edit: I guess I got now what you meant. Copying only the content of your sbarinfo which I would like to add to my sbarinfo, right?

But the problem is:

I dont get any healthbars.
I thought I copied wrong or not enough and tested your file untouched. No bar.
I tested Top and right but - no bar. No bar at fullscreen, no bar at normal hud as well.

Has this HUD a problem with my 2560x1600 resolution maybe? But if so - I think it should be at least there but too small - but nothing - wonders me.
Last edited by De-M-oN on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

He means you need to open his SBARINFO file and only take the codes you need and merge them into your own SBARINFO file.

I think the codes you need to merge if you only need the monster statusbar are the following :

Code: Select all

// Enemy Healthbar

InInventory "EnemyHealthBarTop", 1
	{
		InInventory TargetHealth, 1
		{
			DrawBar "HBARTOP", "HBARBOT", Ammo TargetHealth, Horizontal, -126 + Center, 2;
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, Ammo TargetHealth, Alignment(Right)|WhenNotZero, -4 + Center, 2;
			DrawString confont, White, "/", 0 + Center, 2, 0, Alignment(Center);
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, AmmoCapacity TargetHealth, Alignment(Left)|WhenNotZero, 4 + Center, 2;
			DrawImage "HBARBRD", -128 + Center, 0;

InInventory DrawTargetTag, 1
				DrawString confont, White, GlobalArray 9, 0 + Center, 14, 0, Alignment(Center); // Gets the target's name tag, if it has one (uses class name if not defined)
		}
	}

InInventory "EnemyHealthBarBottom", 1
	{
		{
			DrawBar "HBARTOP3", "HBARBOT3", Ammo TargetHealth, Horizontal, Reverse, -126, -52;
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, Ammo TargetHealth, Alignment(Right)|WhenNotZero, -67, -52;
			DrawString confont, White, "/", -63, -52, 0, Alignment(Center);
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, AmmoCapacity TargetHealth, Alignment(Left)|WhenNotZero, -59, -52;
			DrawImage "HBARBRD3", -128, -54;

DrawString confont, White, GlobalArray 9, -2, -65, 0, Alignment(Right);
		}
	}

InInventory "EnemyHealthBarLeft", 1
	{
		{
			DrawBar "HBARTOP2", "HBARBOT2", Ammo TargetHealth, Vertical, 2, 40;
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, Ammo TargetHealth, Alignment(Right)|WhenNotZero, 42, 176;
			DrawString confont, White, "/", 46, 176, 0, Alignment(Center);
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, AmmoCapacity TargetHealth, Alignment(Left)|WhenNotZero, 50, 176;
			DrawImage "HBARBRD2", 0, 38;

DrawString confont, White, GlobalArray 9, 0, 168, 0, Alignment(Left);
		}
	}

InInventory "EnemyHealthBarRight", 1
	{
		{
			DrawBar "HBARTOP2", "HBARBOT2", Ammo TargetHealth, Vertical, -15, 40;
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, Ammo TargetHealth, Alignment(Right)|WhenNotZero, -50, 176;
			DrawString confont, White, "/", -46, 176, 0, Alignment(Center);
			DrawNumber 5, confont, White, AmmoCapacity TargetHealth, Alignment(Left)|WhenNotZero, -42, 176;
			DrawImage "HBARBRD2", -17, 38;

DrawString confont, White, GlobalArray 9, -4, 168, 0, Alignment(Right);
		}
	}
If it's the player bar you want you will need to add those codes :

Code: Select all

// Player Health bar (vertical)

DrawBar "hp_top", "hp_bot", Health, Vertical, 0, -64;
	DrawImage "hp_brdr", 0, -64;
	PlayerType StrifePlayer
		DrawNumber 2147483647, bigfont, White, Health, Alignment(Center), 32, -42;
	Else PlayerType ClericPlayer
		DrawNumber 2147483647, bigfont, White, Health, Alignment(Center), 32, -40;
	Else PlayerType MagePlayer
	Else PlayerType FighterPlayer
	Else
		DrawNumber 2147483647, bigfont, White, Health, Alignment(Center), 32, -38;
Since jpalomo identified each block you just have to take the block you need. I hope it helps :)

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”