Voxel addons - 7 done

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: Voxel addons - 6 done

Post by Slax »

How about voxelizing the HUD mugshots? :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i thought hud sprites were possible with pixel arts, not a dimensional models or...voxels. or is it possible?
Voxelbro

Post by Voxelbro »

Slax wrote:How about voxelizing the HUD mugshots? :P
There's no reason for HUD voxels, as pixel art looks better and is just as hard to animate as voxels
Voxelbro

Re: Voxel addons - 7 done

Post by Voxelbro »

bump for new stuff added
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Hey Voxelbro, have you considered contributing to the missing items on the regular Doom voxel project?

8-)
Voxelbro

Post by Voxelbro »

Caligari_87 wrote:Hey Voxelbro, have you considered contributing to the missing items on the regular Doom voxel project?

8-)
that's what Hellspawn + voxelbro is, i've only made barrels, armor bonuses, skulls and the pillar with the beating hearth cause most of the stuff that hasn't been done is either too hard ( see: trees) or doesn't look good as voxels (see : Spheres)
VGA

Post by VGA »

Where/what is that hellspawn + voxelbro?

Where is the best package to voxelize vanilla items and decorations?
Voxelbro

Post by Voxelbro »

uh, it is right there in the first post and it's the most complete at the moment
VGA

Post by VGA »

Aha, see it now. Why not use 3d models for the problematic stuff? So the only sprites are the monsters :-)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Yeah, I was missing that too. Thanks for pointing it out, I thought "Hellspawn" was one of the non-vanilla mods you were supporting, lol.

8-)
IDKFA

Post by IDKFA »

HI

I love them, but if try to use Aspenger's and Tourette's in Vanilla or BD, it works fine, except by shotgun shells.. they are huge.
Also have some problems with the Samsara's one: it shows only ammo in 3-D; the other stuff is in 2-D. Which order do you recommend loading?

and Weapons of Saturn works fine too, but the medkits are shown in 2-D..

Thank you.
Voxelbro

Post by Voxelbro »

IDKFA wrote:HI

I love them, but if try to use Aspenger's and Tourette's in Vanilla or BD, it works fine, except by shotgun shells.. they are huge.
Also have some problems with the Samsara's one: it shows only ammo in 3-D; the other stuff is in 2-D. Which order do you recommend loading?

and Weapons of Saturn works fine too, but the medkits are shown in 2-D..

Thank you.
Wow, that's some great feedback, thanks!

Yeah, now you said, turns out the shells were at Scale= 0.55 instead of 0.5, but I don't think it's worth it to launch an update just for this.

there's a cvar for samsara to use the old weapons sprites that were replaced, but really, as much work I've put on them :cry: , now is better to use the new sprites and use the addon only for the ammo.

not only the medkit it's still 2d, everything Weapons of Saturn didn't replace is still 2d, like decoration. You are supposed to load the vanilla voxel pack (Hellspawn + Voxelbro) first, then the mod, then the voxel replacer for the mod.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Can I use this in Smooth Doom?
Voxelbro

Post by Voxelbro »

VGA wrote:Can I use this in Smooth Doom?
well, it doesn't break anything ,like brutal doom did, afaik, but several voxel pickups will be 2d smooth pickups instead.
gonna try to suport it in the future.
IDKFA

Post by IDKFA »

Voxelbro wrote:Wow, that's some great feedback, thanks!

Yeah, now you said, turns out the shells were at Scale= 0.55 instead of 0.5, but I don't think it's worth it to launch an update just for this.

there's a cvar for samsara to use the old weapons sprites that were replaced, but really, as much work I've put on them :cry: , now is better to use the new sprites and use the addon only for the ammo.

not only the medkit it's still 2d, everything Weapons of Saturn didn't replace is still 2d, like decoration. You are supposed to load the vanilla voxel pack (Hellspawn + Voxelbro) first, then the mod, then the voxel replacer for the mod.
Oh, don't worry about that =) Thanks for your explanation, I was doing everything wrong LOL. I thought the one called Aspenger's and Tourette's, was the vanilla voxel pack. That's the reason why it looked huge, but now, by loading Hellspawn + Voxelbro, everything is right.

Just a small suggestion and hope not to bother: personally I like the helmet shown in BD Quaker540 ed; could you next update use that helmet?
I mean this one, or something like this:

If it requires too much effort, dont worry; is not necessary at all, just a personal opinion.

Keep it up!
Grettings!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”