Doomguy Lost His iPod: A Doom II Music-Replacement WAD

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Doomguy Lost His iPod: A Doom II Music-Replacement WAD

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

similarily like the thread i made on Doomworld, i'm making a thread here for my Doom 2 music-replacement pack, to see if i'm able to get more critique and suggestions on the contents of the pack itself.

here's the pack itself.

and here's the whole soundtrack so you can "preview" it before downloading. think of it as the aural method of screenshots.
Spoiler:
some things i should probably do with the pack: add more unique songs for the levels that repeat tracks (currently all repeat tracks use the same playback order like the original game, barring D_SHAWN, which is its own track)
mix and look at the volume levels of some tracks, possibly increase them so they're not as low as they are now (about 2/5 lower than the sound effect volume the soundtrack is now), as well as make some songs loop correctly, and other misc things
Spoiler: Tracklist
Spoiler: THE STORY SO FAR (don't take this too seriously)
so yeah, like i said, comments and critique on the pack would be appreciated! i don't know how much people would actually use a music-replacement pack for Doom 2, though, but anything helps. so far the pack is mostly complete, and would only need a titlepic and some misc graphics to accent the silly storyline. i guess otherwise i could ask other musicians in the community in private about critique, if need be.
Last edited by Viscra Maelstrom on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doomguy Lost His iPod: A Doom II Music-Replacement WAD

Post by YukiHerz »

I like it, mixes well with the atmosphere of vanilla maps, i only played until the crusher because a chaingunner shot me down, but i enjoyed the new music.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

I was going to post a real in-depth review of all the tracks, but then I felt stupid and deleted it (That happens a lot). Anyway, I like it. Some of the choices are a bit questionable, and it would be nice if the tracks were louder, but other than that it's fine. Not really the music I associate with Doom but it works.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

when i met cyberdemon, spdier mastermind and barons while playing your music, that was sure different. otherwise it's great soundtracks.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

minor update: the OP now has a tracklist for all the bonus tracks in the pack. the zip file has been updated accordingly to include a text file of the tracklist for the entire pack, called TRACKLIST.txt.

edit: the OP now has the whole soundtrack listenable on the browser. no updates since last time, though. not really having the motivation to work on the thing.
Spinax22

Post by Spinax22 »

Necroposting for the win!

sorry, but the OP's dropbox link is börked, anyone have a link to the file/the file itself?
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Somebody should let know Viscera to update her OP.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”