[WIP] Software Brightmaps - Serpent Rider's Heretic Pack

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skrell

Re: [WIP] Software Brightmaps - Updated with item pack

Post by Skrell »

This looks really cool. Would these brightmaps ultimately be used in place of the ones that come with BrutalDoomSE? I realize that these aren't for brutal doom yet but i'm thinking at some point they'll be adapted?
SerbianDoomer

Post by SerbianDoomer »

Skrell wrote:This looks really cool. Would these brightmaps ultimately be used in place of the ones that come with BrutalDoomSE? I realize that these aren't for brutal doom yet but i'm thinking at some point they'll be adapted?
Thanks, but these brightmaps are for software renderer. I don't play Brutal Doom but I'm pretty sure it's for OpenGl renderer and there are already quality brightmaps available for OpenGL (Z86's pack http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29792) and these are better than mine will ever be because I have to work with the restrictions software renderer imposes.

Also a big THANKS to both Nash and Zombie Killer for helping with code optimization! Your suggestions will be implemented in the next update.
Leonard2

Post by Leonard2 »

Very nice one !
Here's a tip:
Using the flag WARPF_COPYINTERPOLATION instead of WARPF_INTERPOLATE makes things MUCH smoother (including shooting a cacodemon away with a rocket and watching it aside).

Oh and that method is a nice find but there are some side effects:
sideffects.png
sideffects.png (15.46 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
SerbianDoomer

Post by SerbianDoomer »

Thanks. And damn it, I've been playing with either the original doom status bar or the doom64 one so long I forgot that Zdoom's hud uses that sprite. I'll be fixing that too for the next update.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

This is badass. This would look really cool in something like the PSX TC. But on something unrelated, do you have a link for the D64 HUD?
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

I believe wildweasel made one on his HUD thread.
SerbianDoomer

Post by SerbianDoomer »

I believe wildweasel made one on his HUD thread.
Yes, but that's not the one I'm using. I ripped mine from D64Stuff.pk3
do you have a link for the D64 HUD?
d64hud.pk3
(72.82 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
SerbianDoomer

Re: [WIP] Software Brightmaps - Updated with Lost Soul

Post by SerbianDoomer »

Updated with Lost Soul (and ShellBox) brightmaps! Optimized code with suggestions from Nash and The Zombie Killer (thanks again!) Fixed bug found by Leonard2.
Updated first post with my usage policy
All rights reserved by SerbianDoomer , should you use this without written permission from SerbianDoomer you will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law... just kidding- screw copyrights :P You can use this however you please, crediting me is optional.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Using the latest version on the first post, when I type IDFA, I only get weapons up to the rocket launcher. The plasma rifle and BFG does not get added. :S
SerbianDoomer

Post by SerbianDoomer »

Nash wrote:Using the latest version on the first post, when I type IDFA, I only get weapons up to the rocket launcher. The plasma rifle and BFG does not get added. :S
Oh, that is serious. I forgot to define the weapon slot for my plasma rifle and BFG replacement... Hotfix coming up.

Edit: There we go. Bug fixed. Thanks Nash for reporting.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Alright, weapons seem to be fixed! However, another bug:

The blue skull key looks wrong. :O (Saw this in DOOM 2 MAP25, rooms to the left of the start area)

Sorry to keep pestering you with this stuff. XD
SerbianDoomer

Post by SerbianDoomer »

Nash wrote:Alright, weapons seem to be fixed! However, another bug:

The blue skull key looks wrong. :O (Saw this in DOOM 2 MAP25, rooms to the left of the start area)

Sorry to keep pestering you with this stuff. XD
A mod author's life is a hard one :P. Alas, I cannot understand this because I haven't touched the blue key with my mod at all. I will see if I get any anomalies with it when playing.

Edit: Oh for crying out loud. I named my lost soul brightmaps BSKUL ... I wasn't even thinking about it. Such idiocy on my part!
Edit #2: Anyway it's just a cosmetic bug, your blue key will look like a lost soul :P... fixing will have to wait at least until tomorrow. Because it will involve renaming my brightmaps and I am just to lazy to go through it now.
Last edited by SerbianDoomer on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Probably the lump names you used for the Lost Soul brightmap pieces are the same as the blue skull's. That's the immediate thing I can think of.
SerbianDoomer

Post by SerbianDoomer »

Yeah, figured it out :P. You spotted that quickly. Thanks!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yeah no worries, take your time, just documenting it! Keep up the good work.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”