NC-HUD v1.18 & v1.14 for BDSE

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SigFloyd

Re: NC-HUD for Brutal Doom: Sperglord Edition

Post by SigFloyd »

Ferguson wrote:I'm getting a crash with this, with this message-

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "nchud-bdse.pk3:sbarinfo.txt" line 577:
Unknown font 'NC_CONFIGDIGITS'.

I'm using the latest GzDoom and Sperglords' nifty mod, have tried it with previous builds of both. Probably something to do with my system, as no one else seems to be having any problems.
Any ideas? Thank you. :?
It sounds like you're only loading the customized part of NC HUD without the main file. The HUD mod consists of two files, and the load order should be BDSE > nc_custom_hud_v1.14.pk3 > nchud-BDSE.pk3
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

Thank you, it's the simple things that give me the most trouble. Should ease up on the lead paint chips, I guess. :oops:
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Just posting an update here to let you guys know that the HUD's been updated, it's a small change, but go ahead and grab it now.

Edit: Also, some good news. After doing just a test run with the the Zand NC-HUD Sigfloyd gave me, I do think a proper BDSE NC-HUD for Zand is actually possible. Admittedly, it may take me awhile to get everything working, but I do think its a possibility!
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Cryomundus wrote:Edit: Also, some good news. After doing just a test run with the the Zand NC-HUD Sigfloyd gave me, I do think a proper BDSE NC-HUD for Zand is actually possible. Admittedly, it may take me awhile to get everything working, but I do think its a possibility!
I just creamed in my pants!! :)
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Skrell wrote:
Cryomundus wrote:Edit: Also, some good news. After doing just a test run with the the Zand NC-HUD Sigfloyd gave me, I do think a proper BDSE NC-HUD for Zand is actually possible. Admittedly, it may take me awhile to get everything working, but I do think its a possibility!
I just creamed in my pants!! :)
Its just a possibility though, no guarantees as of yet. This is also gonna take awhile, so expect it to take a good long time, especially since this is the first time I've even attempted anything like this.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Ok... i withdraw my cream.. :(
abrawlica

Post by abrawlica »

Ok your hud is working now, but the ammo is not showing up in the weapon portion of the hud theres no data at all, its like im playing the normal NC hud with Sperglord edition.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

What version of Zdoom were you using?

Also, I can't seem to find the terrain.wad you had listed previously, so now I'm curious. I don't think that should have modified any of the hud data, but you never know.

I'm also kinda curious about using the gzdoom.pk3 with zdoom.I'm fairly certain that's not intended to be used with zdoom, but it's also about 2:40 am right now, so I may just be tired and not thinking right.
abrawlica

Post by abrawlica »

I was using GZdoom version 1.8.2 the load order was brutaldom SE along with your mod and after that was other files like doom metal music and various sound replacements along with a few bdse mutators. Also i noticed you only did one version of NC-HUD , have you considered doign the other versions like

NCDEHUDv3-BD.pk3
NCDEHUDv3-BDACS.pk3
NCDEHUDv3-BDnr.pk3
NCDEHUDv3-BDnrACS.pk3

I would love to see NCHUD for sperglord Edition support DoomRPG v0.95 as DoomRPG supports BDSE for the most part minus 1 or 2 bugs but finding a working hud is well non existant, unfortunatly the default hud for DoomRPG +BDSE doesn't look all that great. Its functional just not very good.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Can I see the what you used? Also, I'd really recommend using [wiki]ZDL[/wiki] to make sure things are being loaded in the right order.

Do keep in mind that this was not intended for use with DoomRPG, and I don't have any interest in making it compatible with it. And, if I did, it would wind up with far too much visual clutter.

I did make this particular version out of my own interest, and I'm not that interested in making other versions of it. If BDSE updates and breaks this, I will be more than happy to fix it, but I won't be making alternative versions.
Cryomundus

Re: NC-HUD v1.18 & v1.14 for BDSE

Post by Cryomundus »

Bump to let others know that V1.18 of nchud is now compatible with BDSE! Download is in the OP. Do let me know if anything is wrong, thanks!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”