NC-HUD v1.18 & v1.14 for BDSE

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cryomundus

NC-HUD v1.18 & v1.14 for BDSE

Post by Cryomundus »

So after using the original version of the NC-Hud by Blue Shadow, I noticed that it did not work with Sigfloyd's version of BD. So I Opened up slade, got horribly lost, made some changes, finally figured out how to compile ACS files thanks to Blue Shadow, and voila, one working NC-HUD for Brutal Doom: Sperglord edition.

New nchud v1.18
Spoiler:
Old nchud v1.14
Spoiler:
And lastly, the download.

NEW: NC-HUD v1.18 for Brutal Doom: Sperglord Edition: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8jq3i ... -+BDSE.zip

OLD: NC-HUD v1.14 for Brutal Doom: Sperglord Edition: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1h8xr ... nc-hud.zip

Updated 7/12/14:
Made nchud v1.18 compatible with BDSE

Updated 12/20/13:
-Removed bug with armor shards, picking up a shard with 100 armor now stays green (armor symbol would change to the mega-armor color before this.)
Thank you Blue Shadow for providing the code for the fix!

-Will only work with ZDoom 2.7.0+ or GZDoom 1.8.0+ to run.
-As of right now, it will NOT work with Zandronum. This may change in the future, but I may one day see if I can get it to work on it. Once Zandronum updates to something not archaic, I'll port it over, otherwise, not interested in back-porting this.

Originally made by: Blue Shadow and BlueFireZ88
Edits by your truly: Cryomundus

Enjoy!
Last edited by Cryomundus on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
-Ghost-

Re: NC-HUD for Brutal Doom: Sperglord Edition

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice, this has always been one of my favorite HUDs, glad to see you ported it over to my favorite BD iteration.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Nice, this has always been one of my favorite HUDs, glad to see you ported it over to my favorite BD iteration.
Same here, i love this HUD :)

@Cryomundus : Thanks for making it fully compatible for this version of Brutal Doom :D
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

I actually made a version with retouched backing panels that were transparent black rather than blue some time ago, but I don't know anything about ACS, so the red ammo indicators were broken. I'll try to dig it up.

EDIT: Found it. I've incorporated Cryomundus' ACS fix (awsomeness) into it so now it works fine. This replaces the nchud-bd.pk3 file, which now has BDSE in it so there's no confusion.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7j2y ... d-BDSE.pk3
Spoiler:
Last edited by SigFloyd on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Thank you so much for this! Please say it's compatible with Zandronum?? :)
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Skrell wrote:Thank you so much for this! Please say it's compatible with Zandronum?? :)
I haven't tested it with Zandronum, but seeing as the original that I based this off of doesn't work with Zandronum, I don't think this one will.

However, I've heard that it's gotten an update as of late, but I have no idea how to get it to work with it.

I should probably make an edit to the OP about that.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Can anyone adapt it? Or possibly make the NCDEHUDv3-BDZan version of it compatible with SE ? I have a copy of it but can't seem to find the original post in the forum that posted it.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Skrell wrote:Can anyone adapt it? Or possibly make the NCDEHUDv3-BDZan one compatible with SE ? I have a copy of it but can't seem to find the original post in the forum that posted it.
I may see if I can make a compatible version. Depends on how much is different in the zand version compared to the zdoom one. So please, just wait and see.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

I've looked through the Zandro version of NC HUD, and structurally it looks very different, with different ways of handling reserve ammo. I'd guess the only solution would be to redo the ACS for that one too. You'd only have to update the ammo names, though. It has different way of handling everything else. The real problem is getting a hold of the guy who made the Zandro version and get his source code.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

SigFloyd wrote:I've looked through the Zandro version of NC HUD, and structurally it looks very different, with different ways of handling reserve ammo. I'd guess the only solution would be to redo the ACS for that one too. You'd only have to update the ammo names, though. It has different way of handling everything else. The real problem is getting a hold of the guy who made the Zandro version and get his source code.
Ya know, I think I might actually have some of the older versions of it. I can't really tell if there's a zand version in there though, as my main pc is packed away. It'll be about 3-4 weeks before I'll be able to see if there is one. Mind you, this is just speculation, so I can't guarantee any results from this.
japandoomer

Post by japandoomer »

There is a bug in your MOD.
If you get a green armor or armor bonus but did not get the mega armor, armor color of the icon will become blue.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Cryomundus wrote:
SigFloyd wrote:I've looked through the Zandro version of NC HUD, and structurally it looks very different, with different ways of handling reserve ammo. I'd guess the only solution would be to redo the ACS for that one too. You'd only have to update the ammo names, though. It has different way of handling everything else. The real problem is getting a hold of the guy who made the Zandro version and get his source code.
Ya know, I think I might actually have some of the older versions of it. I can't really tell if there's a zand version in there though, as my main pc is packed away. It'll be about 3-4 weeks before I'll be able to see if there is one. Mind you, this is just speculation, so I can't guarantee any results from this.
You need the actual source code right? The actual wad files do you no good? Because i have all the wads.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

japandoomer wrote:If you get a green armor or armor bonus but did not get the mega armor, armor color of the icon will become blue.
Heh, this was even broken in the patch that I made for the original Brutal Doom, which I just fixed (I have no idea how I missed that when I first created the patch :P ).

If Brutal Doom SE didn't touch the armor items at all, then Cryomundus can just copy this code and replace the relevant code in the nchud.acs file with it (don't forget to compile the library :wink: ):
Spoiler:
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Blue Shadow wrote:
japandoomer wrote:If you get a green armor or armor bonus but did not get the mega armor, armor color of the icon will become blue.
Heh, this was even broken in the patch that I made for the original Brutal Doom, which I just fixed (I have no idea how I missed that when I first created the patch :P ).

If Brutal Doom SE didn't touch the armor items at all, then Cryomundus can just copy this code and replace the relevant code in the nchud.acs file with it (don't forget to compile the library :wink: ):
Spoiler:
Ha, thanks. I don't recall seeing any edits to the armor, so this should just be a simple copy n paste. It shouldn't be longer than a day or two, since I'm still in the midst of unpacking while home from being done with uni.
Skrell wrote:
Cryomundus wrote:
You need the actual source code right? The actual wad files do you no good? Because i have all the wads.
Well, the NC-HUD's are all pk3's from what I can recall, and Sigfloyd managed to get me an old Zand NC-HUD file for me to mull over. I have yet to have a chance to even look over it, so it'll probably be awhile before I can say this is do-able.

I am kinda curious as to what .wads you're referring to though.
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

I'm getting a crash with this, with this message-

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "nchud-bdse.pk3:sbarinfo.txt" line 577:
Unknown font 'NC_CONFIGDIGITS'.

I'm using the latest GzDoom and Sperglords' nifty mod, have tried it with previous builds of both. Probably something to do with my system, as no one else seems to be having any problems.
Any ideas? Thank you. :?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”