Widescreen statusbars for Doom PWADs

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Version 1808

Postby NightFright » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 am

After over a year, new version is finally available!

Changelog v1808:
- Added: Beyond Reality, Bloody Steel, Descension, JCP, REKKR, Scythe II, THT: Threnody, UAC Ultra, Shadow of the Wool Ball, ZBlood
NightFright

Re: Widescreen statusbars for Doom PWADs

Postby SiFi270 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:36 am

I've fixed the transparency in the Scythe 2 HUD and the lack of text on the JPCP HUD (now HUDs plural, one for each language). Also, I think by ZBlood you mean Blood TC, its predecessor that intended to offer some Blood-flavored levels rather than remake the game, and didn't even need ZDoom to run.
edit: Crap, I somehow zipped an unfixed version of the Scythe 2 fix. But here it is for really real.
Attachments
scythe2_wide.wad
(23.24 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
widefixes.rar
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
SiFi270

Postby NightFright » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:45 am

Release has been refreshed with updated versions of the Scythe II and JCP HUDs.
NightFright

Postby Hipnotic Rogue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:46 am

Thank you for updating the package. It's a fun option to play through different WADs with the HUD of my choice as well as having decent widescreen support.

I have a pie-in-the-sky request, though. Would it be possible to combine the HUDs into one pk3 or WAD and allow a menu option to change the HUD in-game?

I like that in ZDoom I can choose my avatar name and armour colour it would be great if one could do the same for the HUD too. Just a silly idea, I suppose... :)
Hipnotic Rogue

Postby NightFright » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:38 am

Uhm, I dunno if GZDoom allows to dynamically replace the statusbar with a variable. If so, I guess it may be possible to do with some scripting, but that would be beyond my skills. There is also the matter of how to make statusbar selection convenient considering the large amount of statusbars which are part of the project by now.

I like the idea in general, though. However, it would require the assistance of someone from the community with scripting knowledge for this.
NightFright

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches