Widescreen statusbars (v2401)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1808

Post by NightFright »

After over a year, new version is finally available!

Changelog v1808:
- Added: Beyond Reality, Bloody Steel, Descension, JCP, REKKR, Scythe II, THT: Threnody, UAC Ultra, Shadow of the Wool Ball, ZBlood
SiFi270

Re: Widescreen statusbars for Doom PWADs

Post by SiFi270 »

I've fixed the transparency in the Scythe 2 HUD and the lack of text on the JPCP HUD (now HUDs plural, one for each language). Also, I think by ZBlood you mean Blood TC, its predecessor that intended to offer some Blood-flavored levels rather than remake the game, and didn't even need ZDoom to run.
edit: Crap, I somehow zipped an unfixed version of the Scythe 2 fix. But here it is for really real.
Attachments
scythe2_wide.wad
(23.24 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
widefixes.rar
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Release has been refreshed with updated versions of the Scythe II and JCP HUDs.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Thank you for updating the package. It's a fun option to play through different WADs with the HUD of my choice as well as having decent widescreen support.

I have a pie-in-the-sky request, though. Would it be possible to combine the HUDs into one pk3 or WAD and allow a menu option to change the HUD in-game?

I like that in ZDoom I can choose my avatar name and armour colour it would be great if one could do the same for the HUD too. Just a silly idea, I suppose... :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Uhm, I dunno if GZDoom allows to dynamically replace the statusbar with a variable. If so, I guess it may be possible to do with some scripting, but that would be beyond my skills. There is also the matter of how to make statusbar selection convenient considering the large amount of statusbars which are part of the project by now.

I like the idea in general, though. However, it would require the assistance of someone from the community with scripting knowledge for this.
F1rebert

Post by F1rebert »

I made a few of these if anyone's interested

2048 Units of /vr/

Eviternity

Valiant
Attachments
zdoom_wide_extra.zip
(16.31 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Hey hopefully this is not too much to ask, but can you please make one Hud for Slaughterfest 2012 [https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ads/sf2012], so i can enjoy my masochism in all of its full widescreen glory :D

Ps;- Edited this like 5 times just to turn of the smiles don't like em
Last edited by Vphurple Izumi on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
al_games88
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by al_games88 »

In my status bars, the fild "arms" with the numbers stay like in original status bar version. What is happening? I use the current version of GZDoom.
okbuddy

Post by okbuddy »

This status bar pack doesn't include the arms graphic from each of the individual pwads they are modified from. If you're trying to use a particular status bar outside of the intended pwad it will default to doom(2)'s arms graphic. You can use slade to open the pwad and copy the graphic, likely named "STARMS", into the widescreen status bar wad and it should work.
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

al_games88 wrote:In my status bars, the fild "arms" with the numbers stay like in original status bar version. What is happening? I use the current version of GZDoom.
Widescreen statusbars don't include arms graphic because they don't need to be modified for widescreen. Something else is overwriting the arms graphic for you.
al_games88

Post by al_games88 »

Understood. Thanks dudes!
ZizoTiger

Post by ZizoTiger »

someone should do a zombies tc one that would be dope
Vphurple Izumi

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Mod_till_crash wrote:Hey hopefully this is not too much to ask, but can you please make one Hud for Slaughterfest 2012 [https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ads/sf2012], so i can enjoy my masochism in all of its full/wide screen glory :D
At this point can someone link me a tutorial or teach me how to make the Huds I can do the photoshoping part but I have next to no idea on how to get them and up and working in doom
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Basic steps:

I. Image preparation
- Create a new image with at least 428x32 pixels [for 400p screen resolutions - use 576x32 to cover even an aspect ratio of 21:10]
- Add the old STBAR image and center it within the new image
- Add the missing parts on both sides, 54x32 px each [Width calculation formula: (New width - 320) / 2, i.e. in this example: (428-320) / 2]
- Save as PNG

II. SLADE magic
- Create a new wad in SLADE
- Add the extended statusbar as new graphics. Be sure it's named the same as before (Doom default: STBAR)
- [OPTIONAL] Apply an offset of [54,0] pixels *
- Convert the image to Doom palette (or the custom PLAYPAL of your PWAD, provided there is any)
- Important: Save your adjustments!

* Only needed in ZDoom and other outdated ports - more recent ports center STBAR graphics automatically. You may apply the offset anyway if ZDoom support cannot be omitted - other ports will tolerate it.
Last edited by NightFright on Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:45 am, edited 14 times in total.
Vphurple Izumi

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

NightFright wrote:Basic steps:

1) Create a new image with 486x32 pixels.
2) Add the old STBAR image and center it.
3) Add the two missing parts on both sides (83x32 px each).
4) Save as PNG.
5) Create a new wad in SLADE.
6) Add the image as new graphics.
7) Apply an offset of 83 pixels.
8) Convert the image to Doom palette to be on the safe side.
9) Save and enjoy.
Thanks I will give it a try,
but i am not very experienced with SLADE,
is there a tool/converter that can just converts the .png I make?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”