Doomguy Visor Hud - NOW 4:3 COMPATIBLE

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Orangestar

Re: Doomguy Visor Hud

Post by Orangestar »

Somehow I expected one similar to the one used in the alpha version of Doom. (I actually extracted that sprite because I like it so much. Wonder if it would work in a ZDoom mod.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Mav3rick wrote:NO ZANDRONUM!!!! WHY MIKE WHYYYYYY!!!! :shock: But is a great Hud like it!!! :D
Not sure; does Zandronum have some kind of issue with SBarinfo or something?
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Mike12 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:NO ZANDRONUM!!!! WHY MIKE WHYYYYYY!!!! :shock: But is a great Hud like it!!! :D
Not sure; does Zandronum have some kind of issue with SBarinfo or something?
no idea.. but here is what happen...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59 ... ogopv.png/
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

If it loads fine with (G)ZDoom but not with Zandronum (I hope I got the name right - I'm still not used to that name), then it's the latter's issue not having the necessary feature(s).
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Mav3rick wrote:no idea.. but here is what happen...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59 ... ogopv.png/
Ah, I see, line 5 is where the 'alpha' cvars come in; it looks like Zandronum doesn't support transparency on the statusbar/hud. I'll try and get a Zandronum version out tomorrow or so.
insightguy wrote:As good as this Hud is there is unfortunately no display for items. Please add that somewhere.
Like as in a current item display (ala Duke 3D), or simply a matching item selection screen like Doom usually has for custom wads? (It's been a while since i've played a mod with custom items; can't quite remember if it has a constant 'selected item' display)
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Mike12 wrote:
insightguy wrote:As good as this Hud is there is unfortunately no display for items. Please add that somewhere.
Like as in a current item display (ala Duke 3D), or simply a matching item selection screen like Doom usually has for custom wads? (It's been a while since i've played a mod with custom items; can't quite remember if it has a constant 'selected item' display)
When you have an item selected, it replaced Doomguy's face with the item and number on the default hud, and when you switched items it showed a list of them that covered your entire hud.
If it was possible, i'd suggest something like Duke 3D's, in that you have the current item somewhere on screen and toggling through them shows a mini-list somewhere else, perhaps above that, but I would think that'd be difficult to 'fit' with the pseudo-3D perspective of the hud - especially for custom items - unless it was in the dead-center of the hud's bottom, or top of the screen.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Blox wrote:I really suck at this
And it's not even completely done. Also, I give up. :v
Don't be down on yourself, that looks pretty good. It would be nice to have actual numbers in there, but I'm not sure how to make it work. Maybe you guys could check the Project MSX hud? I think it does curved HUD numbers well.

Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

;)
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

-Ghost- wrote:
Blox wrote:I really suck at this
And it's not even completely done. Also, I give up. :v
Don't be down on yourself, that looks pretty good. It would be nice to have actual numbers in there, but I'm not sure how to make it work. Maybe you guys could check the Project MSX hud? I think it does curved HUD numbers well.

Blox's version will at least provide a good basis for a hi-res version (my idea of what the high-res will look like is a little different; i kinda wanna keep the 'glowing neon' look that the stuff in the doom-res version has); and if i figure out more high-res stuff, i might be able to fit some more aesthetic things in there.

Also, I updated the first post with a download link for a Zandronum compatible version.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Oh, so it wasn't designed for high resolutions yet at anything but 16:9 a portion of the HUD is completely off my screen. K. Not that I'm complaining, I typically play in 16:9 anyways, I just thought that was rather interesting.

I expect you'll actually update the UAC-OS v1.5 as you update the HUD? That'd be kinda funny IMO.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

twinkieman93 wrote:Oh, so it wasn't designed for high resolutions yet at anything but 16:9 a portion of the HUD is completely off my screen. K. Not that I'm complaining, I typically play in 16:9 anyways, I just thought that was rather interesting.

I expect you'll actually update the UAC-OS v1.5 as you update the HUD? That'd be kinda funny IMO.
This is actually a bit of a beta since it only has 16:9 support; enough people seemed interested in it though, so i figured I'd release what i have and work from there.

As for the OS Number, it depends; i might update it a bit when i add significant features to the actual hud, but probably not for compatiblity fixes (like 4:3 and 16:10 support, which are my highest priorities at the moment).
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Well i try the GZdoom with Zdoom and GZdoom and work fine... but still get error line 5 with the zandronum version... no idea why :(
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Mav3rick wrote:Well i try the GZdoom with Zdoom and GZdoom and work fine... but still get error line 5 with the zandronum version... no idea why :(
Ah, my mistake; it seems I renamed and uploaded the wrong file. I just reuploaded it with the right file, so it should work now.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Mike12 wrote:As for the OS Number, it depends; i might update it a bit when i add significant features to the actual hud, but probably not for compatiblity fixes (like 4:3 and 16:10 support, which are my highest priorities at the moment).
I dunno, making it to where your HUD software can function in wider or narrower helmets would be a rather significant feature seeing as how people have wider or narrower heads. :3
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

May I ask why is there a skull in the lower-left corner of the HUD?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”