Doomguy Visor Hud - NOW 4:3 COMPATIBLE

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ArielBoss

Re: Doomguy Visor Hud - NOW 4:3 COMPATIBLE

Post by ArielBoss »

Oh thx dude.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Quadruplesword wrote:Another small suggestion. Could you make it so the HUD disappears when pulling up the automap? The helmet pieces obstruct some automap elements, like time elapsed on the map, and the map name at the bottom.
Yeah, I'll try and figure something out. I'm hoping to learn some more stuff so that i can make the hud more flexible (and potentially even more interesting/immersive)
8SCARFace8

Post by 8SCARFace8 »

Great hud, awesome work ! But I only found the link for the skull version, and there´s no visor on the bottom.
Where do I download this one ? Zandronum.
Thank you for your help.
http://i.imgur.com/mBNUHWN.jpg
DaffanZ

Post by DaffanZ »

Hi

A lot of people are asking for numerical values with the texture bars for

ammo1
ammo2
health
armor

I am doing this now, i can upload here if anyone wants it. I am new to editing for doom syntax but with wiki it is quite easy.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

DaffanZ wrote:Hi

ammo1
ammo2
health
armor

I am doing this now, i can upload here if anyone wants it. I am new to editing for doom syntax but with wiki it is quite easy.
Sure, go ahead. Working on some tweaks here and there, can probably include it in the nest release.
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

Could be possible to have he hud compatible with the oculus?:)
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

i dont know if ive already asked, but can i throw this in with my mod?
oh yes youre gonna make it into the credits!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

obviously, you can do whatever you want with this wad. even wildweasel used this wad for his mod too. but LEAST, if you really have any minds for put author's names at your mod's credit.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

It doesn't say it's free to use, so he should still get permission. wildweasel probably got permission from him first.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Ah. It's not in the original post, but I think i've said it a 2 or 3 times within the thread that people can use it as they wish (provided credit is given, obviously)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

welp, you got the answer now. hera. what kind of madman could be using this wad without giving a credits to author, anyway?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

I never said it'd be uncredited, but even if credited, if he doesn't have permission, he shouldn't use it.
He does now, so it's OK, but he should ask. (Good thing he did.)
M_ZilLa

Post by M_ZilLa »

Hello Mike, and DooM fans! I made an account here today specifically to talk about this mod! But I see now how strong the doom community is and i regret not getting on this scene much earlier...

Anyway i loved this mod the moment i found it, but it's actually not what i was looking for.
You see i really like doomguy's animated face for immersion (also he looks where i am shot from) but using the stretched status bar takes way too much screen space.
I was hoping there would be space helmet mod like this, except with doomguy's face on the visor stretched almost to 4:3 and transparent like his own reflection.

However, doomguy's face is far too low resolution to be stretched onto the screen, so i guess i'm just here to ask if you could somehow incorporate the face animations with your mod?
Another problem is how your HUD is angled to simulate depth or a mask, which would mean doomguy's face would have to be somewhere on the center axis or else attempting to angle him to fit him elsewhere on the screen (not worth it).

If I was familiar with DooM syntax I would have stapled him up as a rear view mirror already :)

Anyone else a fan of doomguy face?
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

I think might be better the Metroid Prime solution, the face only reflected a second when big explosion happens near.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Mike12 wrote:
DaffanZ wrote:Hi

ammo1
ammo2
health
armor

Sure, go ahead. Working on some tweaks here and there, can probably include it in the nest release.
I'd also love to see your available weapons as well. Even if it's just a quick and dirty transplant of the arms section of the normal HUD.

EDIT: Also, now that I think of it, a better way to tell if you have more than 100 health/armor.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”