Doomguy Visor Hud - NOW 4:3 COMPATIBLE

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
m4lmaster

Re: Doomguy Visor Hud - NOW 4:3 COMPATIBLE

Post by m4lmaster »

hey Mike you still working on this?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

til he finds problem or glitches, i guess. also i thought there's something new happend at this thread too.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

i made a small edit to this and added numbers next to the bars so you can see exactly how much ammo/armor/health you have rather than guess based on how full the bar is
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

TiberiumSoul wrote:i made a small edit to this and added numbers next to the bars so you can see exactly how much ammo/armor/health you have rather than guess based on how full the bar is
Cool. Is it up now? Because the download is still the same as the current version.
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

TiberiumSoul wrote:i made a small edit to this and added numbers next to the bars so you can see exactly how much ammo/armor/health you have rather than guess based on how full the bar is
can we have this posted please?
M_ZilLa

Post by M_ZilLa »

So hello again! I feel dumb for writing a long post without noticing a similar post that preceded mine. Hmm I wonder if I'm not walking the same path again...

After scouring the internet a great deal more I realized that you, Mike12, are the artist who has created many beautiful weapon sprites. I thank you for your work and praise your artistic talent!
But I also happened to find this beautiful HUD by WildWeasel that I unfortunately find unusable. The ammo counter only goes up to 99 with any weapon for some reason, and WW didn't create a Zandronum compatible version.
Apparently he didn't bother because Zandronum doesn't support transparency at least on the HUD?
If that's true, then the picture I have linked below of your visor with the Doomguy face, is not on Zandronum? I can see that those HUD elements are indeed translucent.
So, what port does everyone else use? I tried to go back to Zdoom, my first love, but it's not fully 3D like Zand. and restricts your view from aiming too far up or down.

I hope I don't come across as ignorant saying I don't prefer Zdoom here on its own forum. I kind of just assumed this is the central hub for DOOMers.
I certainly respect it as the eldest source port around! I just need my opengl's, you know
Spoiler:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

M_ZilLa wrote:I tried to go back to Zdoom, my first love, but it's not fully 3D like Zand. and restricts your view from aiming too far up or down.
Well, ZDoom doesn't depend on OpenGL to render the game (it's still using the software renderer). If you want ZDoom + OpenGL, then grab a copy of [wiki]GZDoom[/wiki].
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

M_ZilLa wrote:-snip-
For the record, Zandronum is based off of an older version of [wiki]GZdoom[/wiki], so if you want openGL, use GZdoom. It's literally Zandronum, but better in all aspects for single player use.
M_ZilLa

Post by M_ZilLa »

Cryomundus wrote:
M_ZilLa wrote:-snip-
...GZDoom is... better in all aspects for single player use.
I assume you mean Zandronum, like Skulltag, was designed specifically for the online DM community.
Is GZDoom still perfectly acceptable for LAN co-op play?
I use IDE (Internet Doom Explorer) to host and network my LAN play with my friends. Is there a superior program anyone could recommend me?

Anyway thanks so much you two for turning me to GZDoom. I am devastated though that I'm throwing away my saved progress in DooM1 ep2. Well, I was only on level 3, but christ the brutalized map packs by Mr Chris are a NIGHTMARE. I'm quicksaving like Duke tips strippers.

Oi WildWeasel, is there any chance you could update your awesome helmet HUD so the ammo counters go above 99? Also the magazine and reserve ammo are flipped...
I can't believe no one uses your HUD; it's fucking beautiful...
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

WW's hud only goes to 99?

Well call me a liar then.

http://imgur.com/9DJBzUp

Seriously its easy, WW helped me get it working the first time.

Basically get his mod, Accessories to Murder, open it with winrar and delete everything that's not the folder "graphics," and the files "Fontdefs" and Sbarinfo.

That should be it...

(If you can't figure it out I could just send it to you guys individually.)
M_ZilLa wrote:And this one... what is it? An old version you attempted? An unreleased WIP? Or is it fanmade?
In any case if that Doomguy is animated I WANT IT
Spoiler:
That specific one is the edit me and my cousin collaborated on. Comes in many flavors: Bullet holes, no glow/glow, cracks, scratches, etc. Yes the "holographic" face is "animated" but we weren't satisfied with the end result so we never continued on it. I could send you what we have left though.

Moreso because I find WW's hud my permanent favorite.
M_ZilLa

Post by M_ZilLa »

Max Dickings wrote:WW's hud only goes to 99?

Well call me a liar then.
Spoiler:
BAH I managed to fuck it up! I deleted everything except the folder "graphics" and the text files "fontdefs" and "sbarinfo" and the ammo counter still only goes up to 99! I panicked and took screenshots for some reason but I have nowhere to upload them.
All I did was rename the wad to make it a copy, then I replaced one frame of the STFaces because his beard was inconsistent. STFace01 I think. I can't imagine that would break the ammo counter.
I could take you up on your offer of you sharing your working copy with me! send it on over to 8kaioken@gmail.com and tell me because that's my secondary email.

Here's my post where I say nothing of significance: (also i've been calling .pk3s .wads and it now bugs me. I will now broaden the term to its original meaning of a bunch of stuff)
Spoiler:
So anyway what caused your dissatisfaction with the Mike12 HUD you edited? That face being designed into the holographic display AND animated is good enough to release I'd say, let alone be pleased with your work.
Were you also the one who said you added numerical counters to the bar displays?
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Now that I think about it, I think I had to change something in fontdefs to show past 99, here's my exact fontdefs,
Spoiler:
EDIT

Or maybe it was an Sbarinfo edit. Either way here's what I have for that too:
Spoiler:
I'll email you the versions I have, and hud face.

It didn't turn out too too good, like the "background" of his face didn't quite match the rest of the holo effect. Plus while we were making this, WW's came out and god I love that eye-patch face :wub:
M_ZilLa

Post by M_ZilLa »

Max Dickings wrote:Now that I think about it, I think I had to change something in fontdefs to show past 99, here's my exact fontdefs,
Spoiler:
EDIT

Or maybe it was an Sbarinfo edit. Either way here's what I have for that too:
Spoiler:
I'll email you the versions I have, and hud face.

It didn't turn out too too good, like the "background" of his face didn't quite match the rest of the holo effect. Plus while we were making this, WW's came out and god I love that eye-patch face :wub:
Yes it was definitely sbarinfo. The file straight from acc2mrdr was very different even at a glance. Even the magazine and reserve ammo are in the correct order!
Honestly Max the only flaw with your STFace is that it's more angled than the health & armor bars next to it. Reducing that angle would mean editing each frame of STFace and its quality would probably worsen due to it being squished then stretched. OH WELL.

So I took it upon myself to organize the two HUDs and upload them here!
They are guaranteed to work for Brutal Doom SE and (G)Zdoom.
I credited the original authors, but if for some reason you want them removed I will dry my tears and delete the links.

Mike12 edit:
Spoiler:
WildWeasel edit:
Spoiler:
Last edited by M_ZilLa on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Oh! I should have told you! In my sbarinfo I deleted the level stats as I don't like them. I feel like they ruin any surprises that could be around the corner.

Either way here's what you need to put back into sbarinfo to get level stats:
Spoiler:
M_ZilLa

Post by M_ZilLa »

Max Dickings wrote:Oh! I should have told you! In my sbarinfo I deleted the level stats as I don't like them. I feel like they ruin any surprises that could be around the corner.

Either way here's what you need to put back into sbarinfo to get level stats:
Spoiler:
Playing ChrisDragon's brutalized doom maps gives me more than enough surprises. Plenty of monster closets opening behind me. I need the level stats so I can get all 3 100%s!
Thanks for providing me with the missing code. I'll re-upload that HUD.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”