[HUD] Statusbar Reloaded

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What features of 1.1 version do you like the most? (select 3)

Pickup-weapons available indicator (small, gold numbers)
18%
Ability to use ZDoom-specific fullscreen HUDs
9%
Improved ammo reserve counters (B:, S:, etc)
10%
Protection counter (seen over health)
7%
Backpack/Berserk indicators
9%
Non-fixed powerup time counters
10%
Total ammo2 counter (or moving weapon icon)
8%
Gametype-specific counters (Frag counter/Level stats counters)
5%
Score counter
8%
Brutal Doom-related enhancements
18%

Total votes: 91

Zaero

Re: [HUD] Q3-style HUD

Post by Zaero »

Ok guys, expect the next release as soon as poll ends. :wink:
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

Zaero wrote:Ok guys, expect the next release as soon as poll ends. :wink:
great!

only a sidenote: in my experience more than 50% of mods I tried did not work with freedom, so that's why of my concern :wink:
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

niculinux wrote: only a sidenote: in my experience more than 50% of mods I tried did not work with freedom, so that's why of my concern :wink:
I understand. The script used for HUD is read directly by ZDoom program, so it doesn't really matter what IWAD + PWADs are used (as long as they're Doom based).
ZDoom's ability to properly read freedoom.wad is another question, but if the port can do this, my HUD is totally compatible with it.

In other words: WAD/pk3 is data, exe is the way the data is processed. So my HUD may be incompatible only with another HUD script or other game's data (heretic.wad, strife.wad etc).
Zaero

Re: [HUD] Statusbar Reloaded

Post by Zaero »

Ok guys, the latest release is there for you to grab (first post)! Just make sure you all have the latest ZDoom or the HUD won't work! Also make sure you'll finish your current gameplays since the saved games may not load after ZDoom update!

Have fun! :D
Attachments
Protection counter (over health) and Total ammo2 counter (under gun's icon)
Protection counter (over health) and Total ammo2 counter (under gun's icon)
Current weapon/ammo type highlighted
Current weapon/ammo type highlighted
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

The new version is available at the first post. Enjoy!
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Love your HUD Zaero :) But is there a way to revert the mugshot back to its original?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'd suppose you could just open up the PK7 file in a program like 7Zip, and just delete the entire folder named "hi-res", which contains all the frames for the high-res mugshot.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Copy that.
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

Guys I plan to update the HUD once more, but I cannot find the solution to a problem:
I want to replace the powerup timers with a single one, showing the time remaining of the powerup depleted the most.
This could free up some screen space (occupied by multiple counters) as well as make the counter more universal (so there will be a single place to watch, regardless of a powerup type currently active).
The solution would be a counter working this way:

Case 1:
1. powerup 1 is taken (duration 60 sec) - counter shows the timer of a powerup 1
2. after 20 sec: powerup 2 is taken (duration 60 sec) - counter still shows the time of a powerup 1, since its 20 sec less than "new" powerup
3. when powerup 1 is fully drained, counter shows time for powerup 2

Case 2:
1. powerup 1 is taken (duration 60 sec) - counter shows the timer of a powerup 1
2. after 20 sec: powerup 2 is taken (duration 30 sec) - now the counter shows time for powerup 2, since it has 10 sec less than "old" powerup
3. when powerup 2 is depleted, counter shows time for powerup 1 again

The only clue I have regarding the solution would be an ACS script which compares multiple powerup values and returns the smallest as result, so the counter would actually display a var instead of a fixed value. Unfortunately I'm not much into ACS.. :(

The second problem to solve would be a separate icon/string for each powerup counted, to easily indicate what was depleted, and what is currently active.

Anyone have an idea?
kaos_2211

Re: [HUD]

Post by kaos_2211 »

hello very good mod .... hears someone could help me I need to bend a hud ... but when you have less than 30% health is mustre on the player's screen LED flashing red screen or display an image .. as in the mod tutnt .. or doomero in doom3 mod, I promise to give credit ...

hola muy buen mod.... oye alguien me podria ayudar necesito aser un hud... pero cuando tenga menos de 30% de salud se mustre en la pantalla del jugador la pantalla parpadiando en rojo o se muestre una imagen.. como sucede en el mod de tutnt.. o de doomero en su mod de doom3, prometo dar credito...
Binary

Post by Binary »

This is a GREAT mod, but there is a small glitch, if I may. When you load the "Pistol for Brutal Doom" mod, the bar still indicates the rifle avatar, although a pistol avatar exists for the "regular" Doom pistol. Please fix!

BTW, the name of the Brutal Pistol is BDPISTOL and in case you use the no reload mod, is BDPISTOLNORELOAD.
mallo

Post by mallo »

I think it's rather problem with the Pistol mod. I mean, doesn't this statusbar just show weapon's pickup sprite? (Answer: It does)

Great HUD! I use it everyday! :D (Well, not everyday, but It's still great.)
Binary

Post by Binary »

mallo wrote:I think it's rather problem with the Pistol mod. I mean, doesn't this statusbar just show weapon's pickup sprite? (Answer: It does)

Great HUD! I use it everyday! :D (Well, not everyday, but It's still great.)
Well, I read the source code, I think the pistol does not have ot's own pickup sprite, because it's in your hands from the start of the game, so the pistol sprite is stored separately. My best guess is, that given this premise, it should be pretty easy to change the code to detect the new mod, and load the locally stored pistol sprite instead. Am I right? Hey, where's the guy who wrote this when you need him? I really want this mod to be perfect, it's such a pity!

EDIT: It got fixed, check the Uploads Section...
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

I think I finally found the perfect HUD mod for me :D . I'd been searching forever for a HUD mod that kept the feel of the original but changed some of the things I didn't like about it (like how it obscures part of the screen). This is perfect.
Cataflexia

Post by Cataflexia »

This proyect is incredible.

Sadly, this doessn't work with Zandronum 1.2.2 :(

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”