[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.10

Post by Blue Shadow »

Xtyfe wrote:I really must update my modified version to the latest 1.10, I think the last time I did anything was way back at 1.3
Things kind of changed since 1.3 - especially with how to make custom weapons and ammo work. Make sure to read the readme.txt file if you decided to update.
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

Indeed, thanks to that switching should be a breeze as the modifications I did to 1.3 were mostly for integrating my custom weapons and ammo
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Keep in mind that you still need to do some work for that, though not as much as it used to be.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Why is the ammo gauge sometimes flashing red or yellow even though I have full or enough ammo for it be green?
And, custom weapons selection number won't show up.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

The version info on the top of the hud seems really pointless and almost proud. I think it would be better to take it off but just make it a more noticable message in the console when you load up zdoom with it.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Ghostbreed wrote:Why is the ammo gauge sometimes flashing red or yellow even though I have full or enough ammo for it be green?
What were you loading the HUD with?
custom weapons selection number won't show up.
You need to edit the HUD to make it work, more specifically, the SBARINFO file. Refer to the readme file for more info.
Lava Grunt wrote:The version info on the top of the hud seems really pointless and almost proud.
Pointless? Maybe. But I like it, personally. However, if you don't, then you can simply remove it yourself.
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

Nice work there Blue Shadow. I find this version much more easier to adapt to my current project, i don't have to edit much things to get it merged. I modified the upper hud version's text to only show up in the console when loading, but credits added in the whole game's credit.

Great work there. I really enjoy this hud.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

1. My own custom weapon and some others from Realm667.
2. Ahh, I can fix that myself then. Good :)
BlueFireZ88
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Been a while it has.

Anyway, not really a fan of the version number being there either. I agree with X-Doom that it could be put in the console.

Also, instead of the player name in the lower left, why not the name of the map, like how Doom 3 gives the area name. That was honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw that.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

BlueFireZ88 wrote:Also, instead of the player name in the lower left, why not the name of the map, like how Doom 3 gives the area name. That was honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw that.
This would've been so cool.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

X-DOOM wrote:I modified the upper hud version's text to only show up in the console when loading
That's okay, you don't need to have it. You can outright remove it if you don't want it.
BlueFireZ88 wrote:not really a fan of the version number being there either.
That's fair enough, but as I've said previously - I like it and the way it is displayed, so it stays.

As for replacing player's name with the map's name. It won't happen, unfortunately; some map names are too long that they "spill out" of the background, which makes it look ugly. Quite frankly, I'm thinking of removing this part of the HUD all together.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Blue Shadow wrote:As for replacing player's name with the map's name. It won't happen, unfortunately; some map names are too long that they "spill out" of the background, which makes it look ugly. Quite frankly, I'm thinking of removing this part of the HUD all together.
I'd suggest using a smaller font; there's a 3x5-pixel BMF in ww-nazis-v2.pk3 that should suit your needs.
BlueFireZ88
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.11

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

I definitely like how version 11 looks. The version number is in a better spot.
X-DOOM

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.11

Post by X-DOOM »

Blue Shadow, the 1.11 version file contain a virus or it is mediafire that is infected.

I saw this from my antivirus Kaspersky.

Code: Select all

nc_custom_hud_v1.11.pk3	Interdit: http://205.196.122.7/dp5dco8e88xg/5blw701qe4wm8v0/nc_custom_hud_v1.11.pk3 (analyse selon la base des URL malveillantes)	2013-07-25 15:03:11	http://205.196.122.7/dp5dco8e88xg/5blw701qe4wm8v0/

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”