[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Cryomundus

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.14

Post by Cryomundus »

For whatever strange reason, the ammo counters for all the weapons aren't popping up (that is, the list for all the ammo I have, not the individual counter) when I use this in conjunction with BD V19. Everything else works just fine though, so its not a huge deal, just weird not being able to see the ammo counts. Also, I was using GZdoom 1-8-02.
Spoiler:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

The tally (kills, items, and secrets) and the all-ammo displays are toggle-able options. You can toggle them on or off from the 'Options -> HUD Options -> NC HUD' menu. By default, they are off.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Blue Shadow wrote:The tally (kills, items, and secrets) and the all-ammo displays are toggle-able options. You can toggle them on or off from the 'Options -> HUD Options -> NC HUD' menu. By default, they are off.
Ha, so it is. Sorry about that, I was so used to it being on I had completely forgotten it was an option.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Brutal Doom patch update:
  • Fixed: the armor icon always showed the blue icon even if you're equipped with the green armor or armor bonus.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Zdoom wrote:Script error, "nc_custom_hud_v1.14.pk3:cvarinfo.txt" line 1:
cvar 'nchud_toggletally' already exists"
Using the Dec 6 SVN ZDoom build.

EDIT: Removing cvarinfo.txt makes it work just fine.

Using the patch for Doom Nukem (ATM) with the HUD, and the ammo aren't displaying correctly (or at all, for that matter.)
Spoiler: screenshots
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

For me it works fine with that build. Check your zdoom-<username>.ini file. Maybe the CVAR in question is duplicated or something (I'm not entirely sure, to be honest).
Lava Grunt wrote:EDIT: Removing cvarinfo.txt makes it work just fine.
I don't recommend doing that; what would happen if you decided to create a fresh .ini file? All the HUD's CVARs will be lost and the tally/all-ammo displays toggle will be broken, because without the CVARINFO lump/file the CVARs won't be created.
Using the patch for Doom Nukem (ATM) with the HUD, and the ammo aren't displaying correctly (or at all, for that matter.)
You're loading the files in the wrong order: It should be ATM -> main HUD -> patch.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I am loading it in the correct order (I made sure.) The last update to the main hud is also the same date for the doom nukem patch. Pretty sure it needs to be updated. Did the screenshots appear? It shows the problem with it loaded correctly.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

I was able to produce your issue, though only if I'm loading the files in the wrong order, like ATM -> patch -> main HUD, otherwise it works fine.
Lava Grunt wrote:The last update to the main hud is also the same date for the doom nukem patch. Pretty sure it needs to be updated.
Both the main HUD and the patch work fine as far as I can see with the latest version of ATM (15th of September).

I'm not sure if this is going to help or not, but could you post your .ini file and ZDoom's console log for the session in which you used the HUD with ATM?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Sure, I'll post back in a bit.

EDIT: Attachment below; console screenshot is inside.

I know the console says that I'm loading it in the wrong order, but it seems to be on Windows 7 that when you hold control + click, the first file you click seems to be the last loaded. Clicking NC_ATM, then NC_Main, then DooMNukem seems to be the correct order, as whenever I'm playing Ultimate DooM wads with HD, I do it in this way and it always works. I don't get it. Clicking DooMNukem, NC_Main, then NC_ATM just loads up DooMNukem with the default normal HUD and fullscreen HUD, albeit shrunken to the upper left part of my screen.

EDIT EDIT: My bad man. I figured out the entire problem. Apparently, when selecting multiple files, windows automatically puts that shit in alphabetical order so the patch you made was always loaded before the main hud. And, on top of that, when you release control and go to grab any one of the multiple selected files to drag them as a whole, the file you clicked will gain first-of-the-list priority, completely ignoring the alphabetical sorting the other files got. How [censored word].

Sorry for wasting your time man.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Glad you'd sorted that out. Though on the subject of load order, why not use one of those launchers, like [wiki]ZDL[/wiki]?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

It doesn't want to work for me anymore. Using the latest svn. The directories are still valid; whenever I try to launch anything, a little red bar appears at the top and says it failed. Clicking more for info on why, it says it fails to launch the exe. Whateva whateva

On topic: Great HUD.

Yet again I was wrong; apparently refreshing the directories even though they are the same, makes it work.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Lovin' it, dat is all.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.15

Post by Blue Shadow »

A new version has been released.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I think it would be cool if the air supply bar got changed back to being the key bar, so the center of the screen is unobstructed.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Will you make an GMOTA compatible HUD or patch?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”