[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tekish

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.1.0 - April 8th, 2018

Post by Tekish »

I updated the Doom Incarnate patch so it works with the newest version of the mod. I've also updated the Argent, Brutal Doom, Final Doomer, and Project Brutality patches with other small changes.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Patches have been updated.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

NC HUD is now on GItHub. I always thought it was too late for this project to put it up there (I still think that it is), but to make it easier on patch contributors to track what changes I do (for the sake of updating their patches), I decided to do that anyway.

Speaking of patches, all the patches listed on the first page are part of the repository now. This means if you want to contribute or update patches, pull requests are the way to go now.
Blue Shadow

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.2.0 - June 15th, 2018

Post by Blue Shadow »

v2.2.0 is out.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I'd like to propose a suggestion for the next iteration of the HUD:

Have a system in place to allow plugin developers to filter out "fake powerups" like the ones in Brutal Doom, namely...

"PowerBloodOnVisor"
"PowerGreenBloodOnVisor"
"PowerBlueBloodOnVisor"

...as they currently display a 90-second powerup timer with no icon.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

What icons do these "powerups" use?
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

These "powerups" aren't meant to be visible to the player in the first place, yet the NCHUD is detecting them regardless, and showing no icon at all henceforth; see attached screenshot.

On the flipside with Heretic, it seems that only the Tome of Power artifact has the timer, where there are also artifacts like the following...

Torch
Shadowsphere
Ring of Invincibility
Wings of Wrath (this one might have the timer, haven't tested yet)

...that have similar powerup durations, yet aren't shown.
Attachments
"PowerBloodOnVisor"
"PowerBloodOnVisor"
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:These "powerups" aren't meant to be visible to the player in the first place, yet the NCHUD is detecting them regardless, and showing no icon at all henceforth; see attached screenshot.
Yes, I realize that. What I would like to know is the icons they reference in their DECORATE code. The HUD is drawing them because they use valid graphics as their icons; an "empty" graphic is still considered a valid icon.
On the flipside with Heretic, it seems that only the Tome of Power artifact has the timer, where there are also artifacts like the following...

Torch
Shadowsphere
Ring of Invincibility
Wings of Wrath (this one might have the timer, haven't tested yet)

...that have similar powerup durations, yet aren't shown.
Heretic gave icons to the Wings of Wrath and Tome of Power only - that's why they display while the rest don't. The icons patch only covers Doom's powerups.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

They use TNT1A0. I made an exception for that in my local copy and the issue is gone. Also, a minor suggestion Blue: would you consider adding a toggle for the power-up display?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Tekish wrote:They use TNT1A0. I made an exception for that in my local copy and the issue is gone. Also, a minor suggestion Blue: would you consider adding a toggle for the power-up display?
Okay. Added and added.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Tried working with GitHub to make a pull request, but I still can't figure it out, so I'll just state my request here:

Hexen needs a powerup filter, too, for the Torch to show up; everything else works as-intended.

ADDENDUM: I sent a pull request, and this function has since been integrated into the appropriate plugin. As of now. all traditional powerups and artifacts from Doom, Heretic, and Hexen will now show timers if you load that plugin.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Any chance on adding "Owned Weapons Only" support for plugins? Prime example is Brutal Doom v21, where - no matter what options I set - the HUD still shows every single ammo type, even those for which you do not own the appropriate weapon in question.

i.e. MG42 Ammo is always being displayed, even though player hasn't found it in Doom II, MAP31.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Prime example is Brutal Doom v21, where - no matter what options I set - the HUD still shows every single ammo type, even those for which you do not own the appropriate weapon in question.
I just downloaded Brutal Doom (bd21testApr25.pk3) and did a teste with the nchud-brutaldoom.pk3 patch loaded:

Screenshots
  • Top screenshot
    Draw mode -> Owned weapons only
    Allow list override? -> No
  • Middle screenshot
    Draw mode -> All
    Allow list override? -> No
  • Bottom screenshot
    Draw mode -> Owned weapons only/All
    Allow list override? -> Yes
So, the options seem to be working as far as I can see.
Blue Shadow

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.3.0 - July 21st, 2018

Post by Blue Shadow »

2.3.0 is out. Barring bug fixes and patch-related stuff, this could be the last release for a while.
ShockwaveS08

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.3.0 - July 21st, 2018

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Since Chex Quest 3 and Hacx v1.2 are forked off from Doom and Doom II, respectively, I have submitted a pull request to add NCHUD support for these two games.

ADDENDUM: Pull request has been merged, and y'all can look forward to Chex and Hacx support in the next major revision!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”