[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Verminium

Re: [On Pause] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Post by Verminium »

Blue Shadow wrote:No, it's not possible currenlty, I'm afraid. The function I'm using to get the target under the player's crosshair has a hardcoded max distance of 1024.
I see, thanks for the update though! I just ended up turning off the health bar part and was using the one from the Simple HUD addons. Everything else about your UI I absolutely love! I just hope someone makes an Doom RL Arsenal patch at some point.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I realize this is a pretty big bump, but what happened to the patch for Accessories to Murder? It's mentioned in the changelog, but it's not under "Old Patches", and I'm pretty sure it's not one of the mods you can just load with more recent versions of nchud-main.pk3, because then you get this:

EDIT: I found the last version with v1.32, but the face doesn't scale correctly in it.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

SiFi270 wrote:what happened to the patch for Accessories to Murder?
After the code of the HUD was converted to ZScript, there was (and I imagine still is) no need for the patch.

What's the wrong in that screenshot?
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

The ammo counters with weapons next to them should only appear in the lower right, when that weapon is selected. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the mod's unorthodox (but realistic) approach to reloading; the yellow 3 in the screenshot refers to the number of clips rather than the total number of bullets, and you end up wasting ammo if you reload before the magazine/etc. is actually empty.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

If you only want to see the ammo that the weapons draw from listed, then you have to create a patch for yourself. This is how you can override the ammo list.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I vaguely remember trying my hand at a patch for another mod a few years ago, and I guess I felt so overwhelmed then that it put me off trying this time. Here it is if anyone else wants it.
Attachments
nchud-doomnukem.pk3
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 103 times
Blue Shadow

Re: [Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Post by Blue Shadow »

NC HUD is no more...

A year has passed since I put the project on hold, and after a lot of thinking, I reached the decision that it's time to lay NC HUD to rest. There are reasons why, but let's just say I can no longer bring myself to continue work on the HUD as things stand. I made decisions that I regret, in retrospect, and the only way to correct those decisions would be to start all over, I feel, which is something I'm unsure will happen.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”