[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.0.1 - March 6th, 2018

Post by Blue Shadow »

Tekish wrote:May I also suggest a method to override the ammo icons that appear for the currently selected weapon, since they are often missing/incorrect. Maybe have it read icon data from the override list?
I'll look into it.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Contextual powerup timers would be nice, as well. Perhaps have an icon of said powerup with a number next to it, horizontally, in the upper-right corner?
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

NC HUD gradually turns into HUD Framework :)

This is my attempt to style Weapon Menu. It is placed in top-left screen corner. I tried to make it look minimalistic: to show only slots in which player has weapons, and to show weapon names only for selected slot.
nc-wm-bd.png
nc-wm-bd.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
Here is the patch for nchud-main.pk3:
nc-wm.pk3
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
This patch will not work together with other patches. If patch contents are added to nchud-main.pk3, patches for ARGENT, Brutal Doom, Faspons, Final Doomer, Smooth Doom, and Weapons of Saturn automatically receive support for menu, as shown at the screenshot (BD).

Edit: updated patch and screenshot.
Last edited by m8f on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

How about an option to hide the reserve-ammo count for weapons you don't have, to keep things a surprise for certain games and mods?

EXAMPLES
Heretic: Show only Wand Crystal reserves at the start, then show Ethereal Arrow reserves once you obtain the Ethereal Crossbow, and likewise show Claw Orb count once you have the Dragon Claw, etc.

Doom: Show only Bullets at first, since you have the Pistol (and later the Chaingun), then show Shells once you have either the Shotgun or SSG, Rockets once you have the Rocket Launcher, and Cells once the player acquires a Plasmagun or BFG-9000.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:How about an option to hide the reserve-ammo count for weapons you don't have, to keep things a surprise for certain games and mods?
Added.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I made a small change to the Brutal Doom patch which fixes an oversight that can potentially cause image conflicts with other mods/wads. I've also created patches for the latest (as far as I know) Project Brutality 3.0 Test version and Doom Incarnate.

Patch for Brutal Doom 21 Beta
Patch for Doom Incarnate
Patch for Project Brutality 3.0 Test
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Patches updated. Thanks.
cotton_disciple

Post by cotton_disciple »

Tekish wrote:I made a small change to the Brutal Doom patch which fixes an oversight that can potentially cause image conflicts with other mods/wads. I've also created patches for the latest (as far as I know) Project Brutality 3.0 Test version and Doom Incarnate.

Patch for Brutal Doom 21 Beta
Patch for Doom Incarnate
Patch for Project Brutality 3.0 Test
can you please add buzzsawammo?
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

One feature I'd like to see from this HUD overall: Individualized powerup timers.

For example, in Classic/Brutal Doom: Radiation Shielding Suit, Partial Invisibility, Invulnerability, Infrared Goggles would be situated in the upper-right corner, only popping up when needed, with either a meter or numerical counter showing remaining duration of the powerup in question.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

cotton_disciple wrote:can you please add buzzsawammo?
Added to the Brutal Doom and Project Brutality patches.
Blue Shadow

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.1.0 - April 8th, 2018

Post by Blue Shadow »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:One feature I'd like to see from this HUD overall: Individualized powerup timers.

For example, in Classic/Brutal Doom: Radiation Shielding Suit, Partial Invisibility, Invulnerability, Infrared Goggles would be situated in the upper-right corner, only popping up when needed, with either a meter or numerical counter showing remaining duration of the powerup in question.
I'm 50-50 about adding that. If I do decide to add it, though, it will be in a future release, and not in the upcoming one.

---------------

Edit: 2.1.0 has been released.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

It appears that the "Owned Weapons Only" option isn't working properly with the Brutal Doom addon. It only "functions" when you set it to override the ammo lists. Any idea how to fix that?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Are sure about that? Because that's not how it should behave: when a patch overrides the list, the HUD takes and draws it as is. The non-off draw modes are ineffective in this case. If you want control back, set the "Allow list override?" option to "No". If you do that though, the HUD will completely disregard the list provided by the patch, and will go back to using the automatically-generated list.
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

I have a small feature proposal: make monster names in monster health bar separated by spaces, if original monster tag was in CamelCase.

Code: Select all

string monstername = NCHF_GetCVar('nchud_monsterhpbar_genname') ? StringTable.Localize("$NCH_MONGENNAME") : SeparateCamelCase(t.GetTag());
Spoiler: SeparateCamelCase code is here
Screenshot from 2018-04-30 13-30-32.png
Screenshot from 2018-04-30 13-30-32.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
Also it would be nice to have a possibility to not show health bar for lesser monsters (with CVar to control health threshold).
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

m8f wrote:I have a small feature proposal: make monster names in monster health bar separated by spaces, if original monster tag was in CamelCase.
It would look odd if a monster class's name had a prefix or suffix. It would also introduce inconsistency, since class names written in capital or small letters would remain as they are.
Also it would be nice to have a possibility to not show health bar for lesser monsters (with CVar to control health threshold).
It should be doable.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”