[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.3.0 - July 21st, 2018

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Feature Request: Health/Armor/Ammo notifications in the style of Doom 2016/Eternal.

Have mini-boxes pop up next to the health and armor bars, plus a given ammo type, displayed like this...

[+5 @] (Where "@" is the icon of the item in question.)

The HUD would likely need to have the capability to read the restoration/munition count of an item pickup in some manner, and this HUD element needs to be deployed en-masse if you pick up a Backpack/Bag of Holding, or similar capacity-increasing item, to account for everything being replenished.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

This gets a "No" purely because there isn't a way to detect if an item has been picked up apart from modifying the item in question to somehow communicate with the HUD, but that's beyond the scope of a HUD mod.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Suggestion 1: Mod-Defined Powerup Timers
Find a way to allow plugin developers to custom-define their own powerup filters and icons for a given mod. Special code in the althudcf.txt for hiding specific "fake powerups" (like BD21's "Infrared" scopes for both the Rocket Launcher and Railgun), adding new powerups and icons to the list (i.e. BD21's Baron and Revenant Demon Spheres, or literally every powerup in MetaDoom) and reassigning pre-existing icons to modified powerups (BD21's Infrared Goggles have no icon whatsoever, even with the Powerup Timers plugin) would be nice.

Suggestion 2: Weapon Ammo - Owned Weapons Only; No Clips Shown
A way to hide loaded ammo clips in "Owned Weapons Only" view for weapons such as the ones in BD21 would greatly de-clutter the ammo interface while maintaining this option's original vanilla-oriented intent.

Suggestion 3: Compact, "Bar-less" interface (completely optional)
Only applies to Health/Armor and Reserve/Clip Ammo windows. For those users who would rather have as much screen real-estate as possible (and/or are running around 480p in 4:3 or 16:10 mode), add an option for a more-compact version of the main HUD, removing the bars entirely, but keeping the numbers, icons, mugshot, and current Inventory item, where applicable.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Mod-Defined Powerup Timers
Find a way to allow plugin developers to custom-define their own powerup filters and icons for a given mod. Special code in the althudcf.txt for hiding specific "fake powerups" (like BD21's "Infrared" scopes for both the Rocket Launcher and Railgun), adding new powerups and icons to the list (i.e. BD21's Baron and Revenant Demon Spheres, or literally every powerup in MetaDoom) and reassigning pre-existing icons to modified powerups (BD21's Infrared Goggles have no icon whatsoever, even with the Powerup Timers plugin) would be nice.
Icon assignment is done via the ALTHUDCF lump, whether to show, hide (use TNT1A0 as the icon) or change a powerup's icon. Now, for the rocket launcher's scope, you get [wiki=Classes:PowerLightAmp]PowerLightAmp[/wiki], which you can just hide, since Brutal Doom's infrared goggles use [wiki=Classes:PowerTorch]PowerTorch[/wiki], instead. As for the demon strength rune (I imagine this is what you meant by "demon sphere"), it gives you [wiki=Classes:PowerStrength]PowerStrength[/wiki], which isn't your typical powerup that wears off with time, so it has no place in the powerups bar.

Tekish is the one who maintains the Brutal Doom patch. So you might want to speak with him about these changes.
Weapon Ammo - Owned Weapons Only; No Clips Shown
A way to hide loaded ammo clips in "Owned Weapons Only" view for weapons such as the ones in BD21 would greatly de-clutter the ammo interface while maintaining this option's original vanilla-oriented intent.
Cannot be done, as there isn't a way to tell whether a given weapon uses its ammo types as clip and reserve or not. Your best option is to override the ammo list via a patch to add whatever ammo types you want.
Compact, "Bar-less" interface (completely optional)
Only applies to Health/Armor and Reserve/Clip Ammo windows. For those users who would rather have as much screen real-estate as possible (and/or are running around 480p in 4:3 or 16:10 mode), add an option for a more-compact version of the main HUD, removing the bars entirely, but keeping the numbers, icons, mugshot, and current Inventory item, where applicable.
I'll pass. Removing the bars would require a layout redesign/alteration of the bottom portion, which is something I really don't want to bother with. The whole idea of the HUD is the bars, and that's how it was designed based on.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I've updated the Brutal Doom ALTHUDCF lump to accommodate most of what was requested, but I'm too lazy to create a new account to post it on GitHub, so I'll just throw it here if that's okay. Ignore the weird indentation, HTML renders tabs a lot differently than my code editor. Also, like Blue said, one of those power-ups is just a renaming of the berserk pack, which is already shown elsewhere in the HUD and is not relevant here.

Code: Select all

MiniHellRocketAmmo		FATBD0
PowerLightAmp			TNT1A0
PowerTorch				PVISA0
PowerTransformBaron		D4BST01
PowerTransformRevenant	D4REVL0
SoulAmmo				UNHWA0
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Ah, I see what he meant by "demon sphere" now. It's something introduced in the newer version of Brutal Doom. What I had was the April one. My bad.

Anyway, patch updated.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Recent developments show that support for Strife is ready to go, and will work with Simple Strife and Strife Uncut, out-of-the-box, as a bonus. :)
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Recent developments show that support for Strife is ready to go, and will work with Simple Strife and Strife Uncut, out-of-the-box, as a bonus. :)
To note though, the weapons/ammo/stats and keys pop-ups won't show.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I have updated the Doom Incarnate and Project Brutality patches to support their respective power-ups. These should be the only remaining patches that don't have this information automatically detected by NC HUD.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Managed to throw together a patch for BDLite in my spare time...
Attachments
nchud-bdlite.pk3
Slightly-newer version of my plugin, now taking the hidden Flak Cannon weapon into account.
(716 Bytes) Downloaded 107 times
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Tekish wrote:I have updated the Doom Incarnate and Project Brutality patches to support their respective power-ups. These should be the only remaining patches that don't have this information automatically detected by NC HUD.
ShockwaveS08 wrote:Managed to throw together a patch for BDLite in my spare time...
Sorry about the delay. All have been added.
ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Fabricated another patch just now, this time for Arachnocide. All ammo types and powerups are accounted for.
Attachments
nchud-arachnocide.pk3
NCHUD Plugin for use with Arachnocide v5
(790 Bytes) Downloaded 104 times
Last edited by ShockwaveS08 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

ShockwaveS08

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Another day, another new patch! This time, Kriegsland: Blutorden gets the VIP treatment. As before, all ammo types and powerups are present. Since there is no mugshot in this mod to begin with, I used the appropriate ZScript coding to disable the NC HUD's mugshot display.
Attachments
nchud-kriegsland.pk3
NCHUD Plugin for "Kriegsland: Blutorden v2.4"
(842 Bytes) Downloaded 99 times

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”