[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tekish

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.32 - April 2nd, 2017

Post by Tekish »

Blue Shadow wrote:Have been working on this for the past month. The highlight is, migrating to ZScript. There are also layout changes.
I've been looking forward to this. It'd be nice to not have to make compatibility patches anymore. The UI changes look pretty good too.
zeero wrote:A lot has happened since i last checked this HUD out. Awesome stuff!

For some reason Argent's change to the maximum amount of rockets doesn't register with NC HUD. :? Hoping for a compatibility patch. :D

EDIT: Oh, alerts for low ammo doesn't work either. :(
I created a patch for Argent for my personal use a while back. Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/058opz8o4it97 ... t.pk3?dl=1
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Tekish wrote:It'd be nice to not have to make compatibility patches anymore.
Indeed. Although, patches might still be needed for some mods. Smooth Doom is one of those mods. All that the patch does, however, is enable the gibbing animation for the mugshot.
I created a patch for Argent for my personal use a while back. Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/058opz8o4it97 ... t.pk3?dl=1
Is this for 1.32? I could add it to the OP if you'd like.

Regarding Argent, the development build of the HUD appears to work fine with it from the quick test I just made. So a patch won't be a requirement once the new version of the HUD is released.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Blue Shadow wrote:Is this for 1.32? I could add it to the OP if you'd like.
Yeah, it's for 1.32. Feel free to add it if you have a moment. Hopefully it will be rendered obsolete in the near future.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

The Doom community never never ceases to amaze me. Thanks, Tekish!

Looking forward to future releases, Blue Shadow!
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Made another patch, this time for an improvement of the original mod I made a patch for.

Mod is here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=32628&p=1020095#p1020095

EDIT: Patch for newest release is a couple posts down.
Last edited by Nevander on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

It looks like the patch isn't compatible with the current release version of the HUD. Could you redo it to work with that version?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Sorry about that, I wasn't aware so much would have changed to break compatibility since the patch is so simple (only changing actor names).

Here is a fresh one built using 1.32's sources:
EDIT: Updated a few posts down
Last edited by Nevander on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Thank you. Added.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Cool thanks. I still love this HUD the most and I want to continue using it with my favorite mods.

EDIT: Wow 1.32 is godlike. Been on some old ass version for so long, 1.32 is basically the same but so much cooler. My only mini-gripe is it kinda replaces the alt-hud now (or rather it must be off) when before it replaced the statusbar (that I never use) and you could leave alt-hud on.

Fortunately, with the power of GZDoom I did this which works good enough to swap:

Code: Select all

bind h "toggle hud_althud"
So we're good.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Nevander wrote:My only mini-gripe is it kinda replaces the alt-hud now (or rather it must be off) when before it replaced the statusbar (that I never use) and you could leave alt-hud on.
Unfortunately, the switch from normal to fullscreen had to be done, due to a problem with weapon offset in Heretic and Hexen.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I have a small problem that I can't figure out. I am making another patch for my Doom 64 TC and it's going well except for the fact that I can't seem to get the number 8 to light up when switching to a gun in the eighth weapon slot. I've done the acs file correctly and I made sure the weapon is indeed a slot 8 gun and the acs file has an 8 for the slot. What am I missing to get the 8 to light up blue when this gun is selected? It uses cells like the slot 7 guns but I need this gun on slot 8 for convenience reasons.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did a bonehead thing and forgot I changed the weapon's class name for the next version.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Is there a way to revert this HUD back to Normal HUD instead of Fullscreen? I don't care about using it with Heretic or Hexen for my purposes and having it be on Fullscreen is playing hell with my TC I want to patch it for. It creates this huge blue bar in the automap which is where I know the status bar goes. I don't want that there, so I tried to remove it with the sbarinfo but it just created an invisible gap and messed up the alignments. I think the only solution is to return it to Normal view. Is there a way to do this without getting messy?

That blue bar shows up even in unmodded Doom which is kinda of an eyesore. It takes an absurd amount of space but I know that's because of the alt-hud being off. Is it possible to make a version specifically for Heretic and Hexen perhaps?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Nevander wrote:Is there a way to revert this HUD back to Normal HUD instead of Fullscreen? I don't care about using it with Heretic or Hexen for my purposes and having it be on Fullscreen is playing hell with my TC I want to patch it for. It creates this huge blue bar in the automap which is where I know the status bar goes. I don't want that there, so I tried to remove it with the sbarinfo but it just created an invisible gap and messed up the alignments. I think the only solution is to return it to Normal view. Is there a way to do this without getting messy?
In the sbarinfo file in the root directory, at the very top of the file, change the height to 0, comment out the whole statusbar block for "Normal" while only commenting out the contents of the "Automap" one. Now go to the filter/doom directory. In the sbarinfo file there, at the very top, there's this:

Code: Select all

StatusBar Fullscreen, FullscreenOffsets
Change "Fullscreen" to "Normal".
That blue bar shows up even in unmodded Doom which is kinda of an eyesore. It takes an absurd amount of space but I know that's because of the alt-hud being off. Is it possible to make a version specifically for Heretic and Hexen perhaps?
I'm sorry, but this is not going to change, and I'm definitely not going to have or maintain two separate versions.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Blue Shadow wrote:I'm sorry, but this is not going to change, and I'm definitely not going to have or maintain two separate versions.
That's fine, I found a somewhat good mini-fix and that was to change the background flat to black instead of the blue, which at least blends nicer with the automap view (using traditional Doom colors at least). I can understand not wanting to maintain two versions now, I see how much goes into doing just one version... which brings me to the next thing:

I just finished up the first version of a patch for my Doom 64 TC. I had to tweak some stuff, a couple alignments, and decided to take the liberty of changing out some graphics for their Doom 64 counterparts and also added a new section for the Unmaker upgrades (only appears if you have at least one).

This patch will work for the current version of the TC (1.3) but it is designed to work with the upcoming update 1.4 (planned for October 31). So the patch is valid, just releasing the patch before I release the update for the main mod. Kinda backwards but it's fine. The only bug with using it with 1.3 is the number 8 won't highlight but the HUD is functional. Nothing is actually "broken."

EDIT: The patch for Doom 64 Retribution now replaces the Normal HUD like the one for SmoothWeapons below, also has some minor fixes and the Unmaker upgrades now appear in the Automap instead of the main HUD.

Download NC HUD patch for Doom 64 Retribution (updated 10/1/17):
nchud-patch-doom64retribution-normalhud.pk3
(14.68 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
I also applied the black square thing to the patch I made for the other mod, which if you guys want it like that here it is:

Download NC HUD patch for SmoothWeapons (with black background flat):
nchud-patch-smoothweapons.pk3
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
EDIT:
Thank you, you're a god. Here's the version for SmoothWeapons that includes the black background AND restores the HUD to Normal instead of the althud. Since I updated them here the OP should probably redirect here now, and I changed the filenames to be more consistent with the others but added "patch-" to it.

Download NC HUD patch for SmoothWeapons (replaces Normal status bar with black background flat):
nchud-patch-smoothweapons-normalhud.pk3
(9.46 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Last edited by Nevander on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Nevander wrote:This patch will work for the current version of the TC (1.3) but it is designed to work with the upcoming update 1.4 (planned for October 31). So the patch is valid, just releasing the patch before I release the update for the main mod. Kinda backwards but it's fine. The only bug with using it with 1.3 is the number 8 won't highlight but the HUD is functional. Nothing is actually "broken."
Since the TC is to be released a month from now, I suggest to make it compatible with the current version of the TC, and then do an update later, since it's going to need to be updated anyway. That is if you want it to be compatible with the upcoming version of the HUD.

And to give a bit of a heads up (even though I mentioned it in previous posts), the new version is written in ZScript. There's no DECORATE, ACS or SBARINFO.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”