Cosmetic Doom 1.8 is up!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Naniyue

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.4.1 is up!

Post by Naniyue »

I always liked the DooM 64 chaingun. I'll give this a try myself!
Average

Post by Average »

Hey. I was just wondering if you had any intentions of working on this anymore? The reason I ask is that I would like to request a secondary attack. In particular the kick melee attack as found in Brutal Doom. No worries if you've finished with this project - I just thought I'd ask. :)
Average

Post by Average »

Sorry to bump the thread but I've got a conflict between this and Eriance's eriguns wad. I'm not using the cosmetic Doom weapons wad. For some reason when I kill a zombie he drops his pistol but it seems to disappear. This is the only weapon that seems to have this problem. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to things like Slade and the like but if someone could point me to a possible fix I'd like to give it a try. Thanks for any help or pointers. :)
DecemberMan

Post by DecemberMan »

Average wrote:Hey. I was just wondering if you had any intentions of working on this anymore? The reason I ask is that I would like to request a secondary attack. In particular the kick melee attack as found in Brutal Doom. No worries if you've finished with this project - I just thought I'd ask. :)
Sorry for replaying almost 2 years too late (lol), but I wouldn't add this anyway. The only reason I left the Chaingun alt fire, is that the Chaingun drops off in usefulness later in the game, no thanks to the slow rate of fire. The alt fire fixes that and it isn't unbalanced.
Average wrote:Sorry to bump the thread but I've got a conflict between this and Eriance's eriguns wad. I'm not using the cosmetic Doom weapons wad. For some reason when I kill a zombie he drops his pistol but it seems to disappear. This is the only weapon that seems to have this problem. I'm totally ignorant when it comes to things like Slade and the like but if someone could point me to a possible fix I'd like to give it a try. Thanks for any help or pointers. :)
I guess reinstalling would be in order, but I guess you already did that, this having been over a year ago and stuff ;P
Average

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.5 is up!

Post by Average »

Ha! You're still kicking then. :)

No worries about the secondary attack. I think I worded it badly anyway. I just wanted the kick attack and I've now got that in a WAD of its own.

As for the eriguns thing, the error still exists. Like I said before, I'm not really sure what's going on here. Oh, and yes, I have reinstalled... in fact I'm on my second computer since posting that!

Anyway, thanks for (finally!) responding and welcome back. This is STILL my favourites 'add on' WAD for my Doom gameplay though I do enjoy Faspons too these days. :)
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Awesome job with this mod!! I just found it recently and don't play DOOM without it! Are you planning on making it compatible with smooth DOOM? Or is it pretty much complete now?
Average

Post by Average »

Nice to see a new version. Glad you're back. :)

Downloaded and ready to play (as soon as the in-laws leave!).
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Please post some pics of the updates! :)
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

I found a bug. Picking up the keys doesn't register it as being picked up if you use a custom HUD. the standard one is ridiculously large if you are playing at 1440 by 900 resolution and if you have stretch full screen HUD turned off then it is too small. The only work around I have is to type "give redcard" after I already picked up that color card just so that it will show in my inventory
DecemberMan

Post by DecemberMan »

doomquake777 wrote:Awesome job with this mod!! I just found it recently and don't play DOOM without it! Are you planning on making it compatible with smooth DOOM? Or is it pretty much complete now?
Need to check out what smooth Doom is :) I'll report back once I acquaint myself with it.
doomquake777 wrote:I found a bug. Picking up the keys doesn't register it as being picked up if you use a custom HUD. the standard one is ridiculously large if you are playing at 1440 by 900 resolution and if you have stretch full screen HUD turned off then it is too small. The only work around I have is to type "give redcard" after I already picked up that color card just so that it will show in my inventory
Huh. Never encountered this. When I changed the resolution to 1440 by 900, it looked ok. Could you post a screenshot of this issue?
Skrell wrote:Please post some pics of the updates! :)
In 1.5 I changed some sounds and removed the alt fire to the SSG, so screenshots can't really show what changed :)
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Here is the link to smooth DOOM.http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0 using both disables some of cosmetic doom's enhancements.
DecemberMan

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.5.5 is up!

Post by DecemberMan »

I most likely will not be working to make it compatible. It would require too many changes to the core of Cosmetic Doom. Sorry.
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Darn, that's ok. It would have been an awesome combination but I understand that it would take a ton of work. I appreciate you looking into it for me :D
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

It doesn't make sense for footstep sounds to be playing one metre to your right while strafing considering your feet will (ideally) always be underneath you. The footstep sounds should come from the player.

Check out The Zombie Killer's footsteps mod. The sounds are always underneath / at your position, it's quieter, and it changes to reflect your speed.

If you wanted it to be extra special, you could split the footsteps into the initial slap on the foot on the floor and the resulting touch of reverb so that the footsteps will always play under you but will echo about at the position you were previously at. It might be disorienting though.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I'm loving everything except for the hud.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”