Cosmetic Doom 1.8 is up!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
doomquake777

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.5.5 is up!

Post by doomquake777 »

It's very easy to remove the HUD in Slade. I did it for my copy because when I play at 1440*900 Resolution the HUD takes up half my Monitor space.
DecemberMan

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.6 is up!

Post by DecemberMan »

Bumping since Cosmetic Doom 1.6 is up!
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

I'm running the 1.6 NOHUD version and I get a bunch of warnings.
Spoiler:
DecemberMan

Post by DecemberMan »

Yes, I rather crudely removed the HUD, but this version is perfectly functional nevertheless. Still, I will probably clean it up at some point in the future.
DecemberMan

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.6.5 is up!

Post by DecemberMan »

Bumping since Cosmetic Doom 1.6.5 is up!
DecemberMan

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.7 is up!

Post by DecemberMan »

Bumping since Cosmetic Doom 1.7 is up! (fast update, I know!)
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Some feedback: Splash aggros enemies. Do not like.
The gore is quite satisfying along with the death animations. It would also be nice to have a no gore version to play with other gore mods.
The shotgun sound could maybe be different and the bullet impact on walls sounds for them could be WAY more subtle and maybe different as they're so loud due to the amount of pellets hitting walls that they almost completely drown out the shotgun at closer ranges and always drown out the super shotgun.
The imp fireballs could use some more yellow as they kinda look like enormous blood balls right now. They can also stand to be a little smaller.
The chaingun... has the vanilla shotgun sound including the sound of cocking the gun. Bug?
Impact sounds on plasma should be reduced slightly but they're not as overwhelming as for shotguns.
Chaingun bullet impacts should also be reduced by a fair amount.
BFG explosion sound could be louder and more punchy. It IS a BFG after all.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Happy to see this still being worked on. It's a lot of fun. :)
DecemberMan

Post by DecemberMan »

Someone64 wrote:Some feedback: Splash aggros enemies. Do not like.
The gore is quite satisfying along with the death animations. It would also be nice to have a no gore version to play with other gore mods.
The shotgun sound could maybe be different and the bullet impact on walls sounds for them could be WAY more subtle and maybe different as they're so loud due to the amount of pellets hitting walls that they almost completely drown out the shotgun at closer ranges and always drown out the super shotgun.
The imp fireballs could use some more yellow as they kinda look like enormous blood balls right now. They can also stand to be a little smaller.
The chaingun... has the vanilla shotgun sound including the sound of cocking the gun. Bug?
Impact sounds on plasma should be reduced slightly but they're not as overwhelming as for shotguns.
Chaingun bullet impacts should also be reduced by a fair amount.
Thanks for the feedback!
I wanted the chaingun to have the sound of Chaingunners and the Spider Mastermind - they always have had that sound (in vanilla), including the cocking of the gun. Maybe the cocking wasn't as audible in vanilla, since the sound quality was a lot lower.
It's an HQ version of the original BFG explosion. Maybe the lower quality did add some punch to it, I'll think about it.
The balls have not been changed, but I added a trail that is being left behind by them as they fly. In motion it makes them appear a bit bigger and "redder" than usual.
Jeebus

Post by Jeebus »

I really like this, but I wish there was a way to turn off the bullet ricochet sound entirely. It sounds too cartoon-y, and it's way too loud.
DecemberMan

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.7.5 is up!

Post by DecemberMan »

Bumping since Cosmetic Doom 1.7.5 is up!
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Love this mod. I like that the new additions don't push the core Doom experience out the window.

It's kinda like "Doom: How it is in my childhood memory". :)
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Due to this mod having a new LOCKDEFS and key replacements causes it to be incompatible with maps utilizing ACS scripts.

Also, I can't figure out why, but this is the only mod that causes the game to lock up or freeze after loading a savegame. Probably a loophole somewhere. Occured on the latest GZDoom v3.2.1.

Hope this can be of use somehow :D
Kyotra

Post by Kyotra »

I'm a bit confused, why is there a separate wad for "cursor" and "weapons"? do I need to load those with the base wad or are those for separate things?
DecemberMan

Re: Cosmetic Doom 1.8 is up!

Post by DecemberMan »

Bumping since Cosmetic Doom 1.8 is up!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”