[Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Seeking dev assistance re:ZScript

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v7! :D

Postby Xaser » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Zippy wrote:Perdition's Gate is offered in full on Tom Mustaine's website, and I believe he is the original author of it.

Tom was involved with it, yes, so it's legit.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Gez » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:31 pm

Actually, it's not directly on Mustaine's site. It's linked to from there, and there's a comment along the line of "I saw this so I figure the guy got the okay to do it".

The problem with HTP/PG of course is that figuring out who holds the right is quite complicated. It's pretty much possible the answer is "nobody". Kinda like nobody knows who owns Strife nowadays.
Gez

Postby BlueFireZ88 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:32 pm

I don't mean to pose a shameless plug, but since you guys are talking about Hell To Pay and Perdition's Gate, I feel this would be appropriate:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30875
BlueFireZ88
Fight fire with BlueFire.

Postby Gez » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:03 am

Another suggestion for possible inclusion in a future update.
Gez

Postby Jimmy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

I need to listen to more of Slayer's stuff - I really liked Spasmism. :P

There seem to be 9 MIDIs by him available on that site - are there more elsewhere, perchance? :)
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Pirx » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Gez wrote:Actually, it's not directly on Mustaine's site. It's linked to from there, and there's a comment along the line of "I saw this so I figure the guy got the okay to do it".

The problem with HTP/PG of course is that figuring out who holds the right is quite complicated. It's pretty much possible the answer is "nobody". Kinda like nobody knows who owns Strife nowadays.

as tom mustaine says, it's abandonware, as wraith corp. is long gone and nobody sells a doom episode today.

as for jimmy's music wad, it's awesome. thanks jimmy, i always wanted to have the music from all doom episodes in one file.
Pirx

Postby Machalite » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Just mentioning that one of Fourty-Two's tracks has the lump name "d_intro", the same as Ultimate Doom's menu track. So, using the Jukebox with Ultimate Doom will play Fourty-Two's track. I know that's easily rectified, but I was mentioning it to you anyway for future versions.
Machalite

Postby Jimmy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:29 am

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me of that. :P Turns out that I'd discovered that fault and changed the lump's entry in array.acs, but not the lump itself, which would've led to problems. :?

All fixed, now. Cheers. :)
Jimmy

Postby Jimmy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:24 am

Jimmy wrote:
Zero X. Diamond wrote:Would there be any easy way to mod this mod in order to use your own custom selection of music? I've been following this for a while quietly, wondering about it, so I figured I'd finally just come forward and ask. Curious because I have an extensive music collection and always like being able to use it in my games when possible.

What I suppose I could do (for v8, possibly) is create another Jukebox "map" which is filled with blank collections so the user can add their own fairly easily. :) Stick around for a while after v7 is released and the new v8 (which hopefully won't take as long) should have that.

Your wish is my command!
http://jimmy.phenomer.net/wad-files/j-jukebox-v8-user.pk3

Here is the v8 "User Jukebox", as promised. This provides a blank slate for users to create their own collections.

Look up "help.txt" for some step-by-step instructions on how to set them up. Could someone give this a test-drive and get back to me on how well it works? :D
Jimmy

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v8 User Jukebox now available!

Postby Big C » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:09 pm

I was just playing some OBLIGE levels with Jimmy's Jukebox and the Project MSX beta.

Apparently Jukebox doesn't like MSX. :/ When I first kill an enemy upon starting the game, it switches from whatever was playing back to D_RUNNIN (or whatever the level music is).
Big C

Postby Jimmy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 am

I haven't even looked at MSX's internal workings so I can't tell you what's wrong. I'll have a look, though I don't expect it to be an easy fix. :?
Jimmy

Postby insightguy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:47 am

insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Postby Jimmy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 am

Ah yes, that was on my list.

The list that I made.

... >_>
Jimmy

Postby Gez » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:36 am

Title proposals, mostly punning on what would be the titles of their final versions, a couple inspired by Romero's comments.

opening -> Opening to Doom
un08 -> Prefacing the Spider
un28 -> Unbaked Pie
un30 -> Funky Wolf
un36 -> Romero's Torment
un37 -> Prima Donna
un44 -> Let's Find Some Meat
un46 -> Adrian's Tired
un48 -> Diving Into the Code
un49 -> Gloom in Rooms
un52 -> Shawn's Going for the Shotgun
Gez

Postby insightguy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:18 pm

i love un19........................................
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

PreviousNext

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches