[Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Seeking dev assistance re:ZScript

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v7! :D

Postby wildweasel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm

The Descent FM tracks will never play properly in ZDoom - even the OPL emulator will make them sound horrible.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Gez » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:56 am

Aren't the Descent tunes in HMI or HMP format anyway? The problem might come from the converter used. And since ZDoom can play HMI and HMP natively...
Gez

Postby MidnightTH » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 am

Jimmy wrote:A lot of the Descent soundtrack does seem to make most MIDI players (and editors) spaz out. I can modify hardly any of them in Cakewalk. :( Try it with different MIDI devices.

I use FMod
MidnightTH

Postby BlueFireZ88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 pm

I was wondering if you had plans for adding some of the unused tracks of Doom? There's some good music in there and It'd be great to have it be heard in action.

And like previous posts, you probably should remove any soundtracks that are going to cause serious issues in-game, like Decent.
BlueFireZ88
Fight fire with BlueFire.

Postby Hellser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:38 pm

BlueFireZ88 wrote:I was wondering if you had plans for adding some of the unused tracks of Doom? There's some good music in there and It'd be great to have it be heard in action.

Problem with the unused tracks, most of them are early editions of the DooM music, and only a (small) handful are original. Up to Jimmy though. :D
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Hmm. I've been using FMOD, like MidnightTH, and have had no problems whatsoever with playing the Descent soundtrack - certainly no freezes. It'd be silly to remove the whole soundtrack if only a few select tracks cause problems, and I strongly dislike the idea of having gaps in the soundtrack. :(

A remedy is to alter the WAD yourself and get rid of the tracks manually, or perhaps load a separate new WAD alongside it which replaces the problematic tracks with blanks, or other tracks of your choice which work fine. :)

I honestly hadn't thought of including the unused Doom tracks. They're pretty legendary, and I've been playing the DTWiD beta lately. So it's a possibility. :P (Incidentally, when the next release comes, it won't be dramatically different, but it will be in pk3 format. I believe the file is far less bloated as a result. :))
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared

Postby Vict » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:24 pm

I can't use FMOD with a few midi tracks for some reason, even if I play the wad they are featured in and don't use the jukebox. I have to use the MS wavesynth instead, otherwise some tracks just cut out or lose channels.

It's like this in every source port I try with the same wads.

Edited multiple times because I cannot spell.
Vict

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:31 am

Is there much more that needs to be done with this project? I've already converted it to pk3, and there's probably only a few changes left me for to make as per the feedback in this thread, plus adding the tracks I've released since v7.

There probably won't be a proper GUI playlist for this version. I've had enough problems with the playlist interface as it is. :? Sorry 'bout that.

If there are any concerns or issues with v7 aside from the ones already mentioned, please post them now. :D
Jimmy

Postby Gez » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:48 am

Not really. I've modified my copy to add the HTP and PG intermission songs (bringing the total to 775), and that's all.

You should make two more songs to get a total of 777. :p
Gez

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:12 am

I've released a new one lately (for Reverie) and have two more for that project in the works, so unfortunately I won't get 777 exactly. Annoying how I can never quite seem to reach a good round number. :P
Jimmy

Postby Gez » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:58 pm

I figured this thread should be interesting to help update some credit and title info in the jukebox. :)
Gez

Postby Gothic » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:50 pm

where can I download hell to pay? :?
Gothic
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand ZScript.

Discord: #1462

Postby wildweasel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Gothic wrote:where can I download hell to pay? :?

Hell to Pay and Perdition's Gate are a bit of a tricky subject, since they were commercially sold (albeit unofficial) add-ons for Doom 2 back in 1996.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Enjay » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:02 pm

I remember that relatively recently (in the last couple of years or so) one of the authors of one of them put up the full version of the one they were involved with (H2P I think) for download. I'm still not sure how that affected their legal status because I vaguely remember something about the person doing it not having the rights to do so.

Or something.

There is a demo version of H2P and (I think) PG too. It shoould be easy enough to find downloads for them.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Zippy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Enjay wrote:I remember that relatively recently (in the last couple of years or so) one of the authors of one of them put up the full version of the one they were involved with (H2P I think) for download. I'm still not sure how that affected their legal status because I vaguely remember something about the person doing it not having the rights to do so.

Or something.

There is a demo version of H2P and (I think) PG too. It shoould be easy enough to find downloads for them.
Perdition's Gate is offered in full on Tom Mustaine's website, and I believe he is the original author of it.
Zippy
Your Golden Boy

Discord: Zurock#4834

PreviousNext

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches