[Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Seeking dev assistance re:ZScript

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox v6 -- [v7 NEARLY ready!]

Post by Jimmy »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Would there be any easy way to mod this mod in order to use your own custom selection of music? I've been following this for a while quietly, wondering about it, so I figured I'd finally just come forward and ask. Curious because I have an extensive music collection and always like being able to use it in my games when possible.
Good point. It's doable, but not really that easy. Adding just one collection involves editing the main array, compiling that, then editing a slew of important preset values, variables and arrays in the library, and also editing MAP00 to account for the new collection. (Plus compiling the scripts for MAP00 to make sure they don't break on the newly-compiled library.)

What I suppose I could do (for v8, possibly) is create another Jukebox "map" which is filled with blank collections so the user can add their own fairly easily. :) Stick around for a while after v7 is released and the new v8 (which hopefully won't take as long) should have that.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Jimmy wrote:Gez: Thanks. I've concluded that between the two WADs, there are 20 unique tracks. (And furthermore, it seems like Perdition's Gate MAP01's track is the only one that doesn't appear in Hell to Pay as well.) Does that sound right?
I count the following unique MIDIs across both PWADs.
  1. PG D_RUNNIN (MAP01)
  2. PG D_STALKS (MAP02) PG D_ULTIMA (MAP32) HP D_STALKS (MAP02) HP D_ROMERO (MAP27)
  3. PG D_COUNTD (MAP03) PG D_SHAWN2 (MAP19) HP D_THEDA2 (MAP12) HP D_AMPIE (MAP23)
  4. PG D_BETWEE (MAP04) PG D_RUNNI2 (MAP15) HP D_DDTBL3 (MAP22)
  5. PG D_DOOM (MAP05) PG D_MESSG2 (MAP26) HP D_DOOM2 (MAP13) HP D_TENSE (MAP28)
  6. PG D_THE_DA (MAP06) PG D_DEAD2 (MAP16) HP D_EVIL (MAP31)
  7. PG D_SHAWN (MAP07) PG D_AMPIE (MAP23) HP D_BETWEE (MAP04) HP D_RUNNI2 (MAP15) HP D_THEDA3 (MAP24)
  8. PG D_DDTBLU (MAP08) PG D_DDTBL2 (MAP14) PG D_SHAWN3 (MAP29) HP D_DEAD (MAP10) HP D_DEAD2 (MAP16)
  9. PG D_IN_CIT (MAP09) PG D_COUNT2 (MAP21) HP D_COUNT2 (MAP21)
  10. PG D_DEAD (MAP10) PG D_STLKS3 (MAP17) PG D_THEDA3 (MAP24) HP D_COUNTD (MAP03) HP D_SHAWN2 (MAP19)
  11. PG D_STLKS2 (MAP11) PG D_ROMERO (MAP18) PG D_TENSE (MAP28) HP D_DDTBL2 (MAP14) HP D_ROMER2 (MAP27)
  12. PG D_THEDA2 (MAP12) HP D_SHAWN (MAP07)
  13. PG D_DOOM2 (MAP13) HP D_STLKS3 (MAP17)
  14. PG D_EVIL (MAP31) HP D_RUNNIN (MAP01)
  15. PG D_MESSAG (MAP20) HP D_THE_DA (MAP06) HP D_MESSG2 (MAP26)
  16. PG D_DDTBL3 (MAP22) HP D_DOOM (MAP05) HP D_OPENIN (MAP30)
  17. PG D_ADRIAN (MAP25) HP D_IN_CIT (MAP09) HP D_SHAWN3 (MAP29)
  18. PG D_ROMER2 (MAP27) HP D_STLKS2 (MAP11) HP D_MESSAG (MAP20) HP D_ADRIAN (MAP25)
  19. PG D_OPENIN (MAP30) HP D_ULTIMA (MAP32)
  20. PG D_DM2INT (Intermission)
  21. PG D_DM2TTL (Title)
  22. HP D_DDTBLU (MAP08)
  23. HP D_DM2INT (Intermission)
  24. HP D_DM2TTL (Title)
If you ignore the title and intermission tracks, there are indeed 20 songs total and both Hell to Pay (D_DDTBLU aka MAP08 song) and Perdition's Gate (D_RUNNIN aka MAP01 song) have an exclusive each.

Edit: double-checked list, and fixed some omissions.
Last edited by Gez on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Thanks Gez, that confirms what I thought. :D
Gez

Post by Gez »

About Portals of Praevus: a preliminary investigation in the data files give me this:
map lump => midi name => map name
tibet1 => tulku10 => Tulku
tibet2 => tulku6 => The Ice Caverns
tibet3 => tulku4 => The False Temple
tibet4 => tulku1 => Courtyards of Tsok
tibet5 => tulku5 => Temple of Kalachakra
tibet6 => tulku9 => Temple of Bardo
tibet7 => tulku2 => Temple of Phurbu
tibet8 => tulku8 => Palace of Emperor Egg Chen
tibet9 => tulku7 => Palace of Inner Chambers
tibet10 => tulku3 => The Inner Sanctum of Praevus
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Oh wow, thanks. :D Unfortunately I got my copies of the MIDIs from Mirsoft.info and they aren't named like that. (I had this problem with the Descent soundtrack as well.) I assume these are the MIDIs you have?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yep, straight from PAK3.PAK.

You might want to do some MIDI tinkery on them because they all seem to start with a long (about 10 seconds) silence.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Most excellent. They've been edited and added. Cheers, Gez! :D
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

It is here. :o

GET IT!
http://jimmy.phenomer.net/wad-files/j-jukebox-v7.zip

No complete list of changes, because it's basically already in this thread, scattered throughout the last few pages - plus, I'm lazy. :P There have been many, many changes since v6, and pretty much all of them have already been listed here. :)

Anyways, I hope everything is in order and you guys enjoy the new (possibly (not) final) version. :D Let me know of any immediately apparent problems and I'll get a hotfix ready as soon as I can. ;)

... Now, back to Jenesis. :stuppor:
Average

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v7! :D

Post by Average »

I seem to have a problem. After I generate a playlist and then hit the Exit button the level completes but when I press Use to start the game it just goes back to the Jukebox...
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

That will happen if you try to generate a "singular" playlist with Ultimate Doom as the IWAD. Hit the "Format" switch in MAP00 to switch to an episodic playlist format.
Average

Post by Average »

Cool. Thanks. :) Looking good though.
DenisBelmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

This is fantastic. I've noticed that you included the 'Rock My Emotions', great MIDI rendition. Although, you might want to put Jimmy + Kitsune^2 as the original authors for the specific song. Just sayin'.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Oh snap! It did strike me that I should, but then... went. :mono: That'll be fixed.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

The artist name is actually Kitsune², although I don't think such symbols are supported in Doom, right?
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I believe you can use symbols like the squared sign but by default most fonts don't have the needed characters.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”