[Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Seeking dev assistance re:ZScript

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apothem

Re: [Fun] The Jimmy Jukebox v4 (It's finished.)

Post by Apothem »

Heh I accidentally downloaded every version on the page looking for the right one. :P
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Yeah, things like this tend to happen when I get reckless with version numbers. :P
Machalite

Post by Machalite »

Jimmy wrote:snip
I didn't mean to sound like I was pressuring you to turn your mod into something that you didn't intend. I respect what you're doing. You have good reasons, especially the one about megawads that don't have their own music. I was trying to lend credence to the idea of making your mod customizable, without undermining its original purpose, by giving an example. Kill two birds with one stone. It's just a shame it takes, what, thirty-thousand lines of code just to throw the rock?

P.S.: I definitely like having a lot of your music available for listening, if that means anything. I'll keep an eye on this.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Don't worry, no offense taken. ;) Although I am pretty sick of having worked on this mod for what seems like very long, so I'll probably take a break from it for a little while. We'll see how it evolves over time, though. Ideas are always most welcome. :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

This is certainly not an urgent request but if you ever do go back and edit the Jukebox level, can I suggest that the toggle switches, rather than simply printing a message to the screen to tell you whether the feature is on or off (and this information can get lost against the other text that may be on screen), how about you have an on/off texture that you change so that you can see by looking at the sign above the switch whether the feature is enabled or not?
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Good idea Enjay. :P I'll probably try and find a decent ON/OFF switch texture, actually. You wouldn't happen to have made one? :P
Machalite

Post by Machalite »

Just wanted to point out a typo.

The message for the S.T.R.A.I.N. soundtrack says it has 23 midis, instead of 25.

Sorry to bother you with something like that...

EDIT: I saw a song with 32 in the playlist, and assumed there were 32 tracks in the megawad. Stupid me.
Blitzky

Post by Blitzky »

I can't seem to get this wad to work at all...
I get this error whenever I load it up:

Code: Select all

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 2:
Expected identifier but got string constant "DOOM 2 w/ the Jimmy Jukebox" instead.
I load the wad and instantly run into this wall.
I'm using Zdoom 2.5.0 (Aug 10, 2010).
I checked your Gameinfo against the wiki and it was flawless.
Any ideas?

Edit: I'm just a dork, thanks Jimmy :P
Last edited by Blitzky on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Update to the latest subversion of ZDoom.
http://svn.drdteam.org/
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

v5 is out.

(EDIT: Updated. Use the top link.)

Changes:
  • New switches in MAP00.
  • Playlist now looks larger (and cleaner) onscreen.
  • Minor optimizations to the in-game jukebox (including a cursor that highlights whichever song in the current playlist is playing).
  • Some scripts relocated to MAP00 - not useful in the library.
  • Tons of comments and explanatory stuff in the library.
I apologize if I'm releasing these so rapidly that people's savegames with this mod are becoming useless so soon after being made. :evil: I'm afraid I've gotten a bit obsessive-compulsive about refining it. Good thing or bad? :?
Last edited by Jimmy on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox - v5 (More stuff wheeeee)

Post by Jimmy »

v6 is here.

(EDIT: Updated. Use the top link.)

Changes:
  • An actual (secret-ish) jukebox in MAP00. See if you can find it. without using the textured automap
  • Playlist can be now re-shuffled, re-generated, and utterly randomized in-game.
  • Some new new switches - they're from Requiem and I believe were done by Iikka Keranen - much better than the ones I hacked together. The old ones are still in the WAD.
  • Further library optimizations.
  • Updates to a few tracks.
Enjoy. :)
Jimmy

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox - v6 (I just keep adding shit D:)

Post by Jimmy »

dicks
Jimmy

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox - v6 (I just keep adding shit D:)

Post by Jimmy »

Okay, bad-ish news, everybody. This project is as of now on hold for a number of reasons:

(a) I need a break from it. Big time.
(b) I'm reasonably happy that it's as good as it's going to get.
(c) Technical difficulties are preventing me from adding any more songs to the jukebox.

Until v7, whenever that might be, hope you guys have fun with the mod. :)
Cyanosis

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox v6 -- Project ON HOLD

Post by Cyanosis »

What I do if I want custom music in a WAD that doesn't have any, is just load up one of the MUS WADs from MM1&2, Requiem and/or make a custom WAD (takes virtually no experience at all in an editor) that just has the music tracks from whatever and load it e.g. my BWARMUS is all the music from Biowar, GOTHMUS Gothic DM etc.
Jimmy

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox v6 -- Project ON HOLD

Post by Jimmy »

Yeah, that's probably one of the reasons that the music for megawads gets released in a separate WAD to start with - so that it can be launched with other megawads. :P

Either way, this project mainly aims to combine all of the tracks from those popular megawads into one compact collection that can be shuffled and customized to the user's preference. It also refers to the songs by their actual title, rather than simply calling them "Requiem MAP01" or even just D_RUNNIN. The titles alone make certain megawad soundtracks stand out to me, and I don't think they're well-known enough, so that's another reason this project exists. :P

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”