[Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Seeking dev assistance re:ZScript

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v8 User Jukebox now available!

Post by Gez »

It is. There's both MIDI and CD audio. Like for Hexen, there are more MIDI songs than CD tracks, so each level's theme song varies depending on whether you use CD or MIDI soundtrack.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v8 User Jukebox now available!

Post by Jimmy »

Quick update: I've just handed a WIP version of v8 over to worst-vd-plas who is going to try and optimize the scripts to make it less of a jumblefuck. :P Should make the process of creating custom collections and exporting playlists much, much easier, too. :)
Jimmy

Re: [Fun] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v9 incoming...

Post by Jimmy »

UPDATE TIME!

For those keeping track, v8 has not actually released yet, but instead I released the User Jukebox with v8's library system for the public to create their own collections with relative ease.

Well, Worst has been painstakingly making the whole process a metric ton easier to do - there's now absolutely zero compiling required should the author wish to create their own collection(s) - everything is now controlled within the LANGUAGE lump. Because the system has been so drastically overhauled, the next version of Jukebox will be designated v9.

I think you guys are going to like this next version. :) All that remains is for me to finish up a few of the tracks I have in progress, bundle them into the PK3 and update the collection information accordingly. I'm also thinking of creating a playlist editor in MAP00 so users can choose specifically which tracks to use in the playlist before starting the game.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'm intrigued by this LANGUAGE-based approach. Can it still handle arbitrary amounts of tracks and albums?
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'm intrigued too, from a coding perspective. I'd like to know how to utilize this Language trick myself. :P

Though I can't actually think of many MIDI collections to add, since you got most of what I have. :P

(There's Warcraft 2, but those break horribly in ZDoom when they try to loop... Never got around to hacking them up to work.)
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

[wiki=StrParam]I can[/wiki] [wiki=StrCopy]only imagine[/wiki] [wiki=GetChar]the hackery[/wiki] [wiki=StrLen]involved in this[/wiki].
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

are you including the unreleased tracks in this edition?
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Gez: Yep. :P

Kate: Yeah, I think that pretty much nails it, from what I've seen of the code. :P Worst is going to make further optimizations to the code for Jukebox v9.5, in case some things are a bit too hacky. Here's a little snippet from the new LANGUAGE.Collections lump:
Spoiler: Ruh oh
danyudanyu0821: Yes, that's on my to-do, along with adding a few more of the soundtracks that were suggested in this thread since v7. Gotta edit MAP00 first, of course.
BlueFireZ88
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Are the unreleased Doom tracks going to make an appearance in V9?
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

That's what danyudanyu just inquired, and yes. :P
Sgt Dopey
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sgt Dopey »

Sorry for the bump but sometimes this can break fluidsynth, espically when you are cycling really fast through the jukebox
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Jimmy wrote:That's what danyudanyu just inquired, and yes. :P
I hate my username. I accidentally switched the password and username
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

danyudanyu0821 wrote:I hate my username. I accidentally switched the password and username
You'd probably better change all of your passwords.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

And PM Randy for a name change, as well. :P

Jaegerman, sounds like an engine/interface issue (since the mod only uses stock music functions), in the case of switching tracks quickly it might be a good case for "don't do that". :P

I'd also make sure your processor can handle it, I've seen it noted that Fluid takes a bit more CPU power than TiMidity.

If "Reset Sound system" brings FluidSynth back online, that should help. Might want to put in a bug report, if you think something's broken - but I don't have any problems (other than a slight engine skip while a song loads).
Last edited by NeuralStunner on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

wildweasel wrote:
danyudanyu0821 wrote:I hate my username. I accidentally switched the password and username
You'd probably better change all of your passwords.
I did
NeuralStunner wrote:And PM Randy for a name change, as well. :P

Jaegerman, sounds like an engine/interface issue (since the mod only uses stock music functions), in the case of switching tracks quickly it might be a good case for "don't do that". :P

I'd also make sure your processor can handle it, I've seen it noted that Fluid takes a bit more CPU power than TiMidity.

If "Reset Sound system" brings FluidSynth back online, that should help. Might want to put in a bug report though, if you think something's broken.
Who is randy?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”