[WIP]4xHi-res Sprites... and 4xHD?

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mtzfire

Re: [WIP]4xHi-res Sprites... and 4xHD?

Post by Mtzfire »

Don't worry about the details missing :) I said it was just a "reshape." The Actuall sprite will have more shading, AND yeah, the teeth will be "dirty" lol.
BEFORE:Image
Here's what I have done so far:Image
Hey, thanks to everyone who pissed me off about adding detail, lol! I love the new adding of detail!-And yea, I just started adding detail, ONLY the LEFT has some now. Also, his teeth will be very dirty, lol.

EDIT: Another little thing--> Don't worry about "cut-off" edges, they can be added later.

And about HUD weapons: After this I'm I'll try making one of the weapons...
Blox

Post by Blox »

Hey, that actually looks nice. But it's still kind of triangular, which isn't a good thing. The chest spike has that very awesome look, try to make some more of such horns/spikes. :P

And just to let you know, I haven't stopped working on the demon. (Picked it up again just now)
Spoiler:
Edit: I'm talking about the chest, it's kinda triangular. And it doesn't look like it's getting fixed.
Last edited by Blox on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mtzfire

Post by Mtzfire »

Blox wrote:Hey, that actually looks nice. But it's still kind of triangular, which isn't a good thing.
ANSWER:
Mtzfire wrote: EDIT: Another little thing--> Don't worry about "cut-off" edges, they can be added later
The shape will be edited :wink:

BTW Blox, that Demon is really looking nice. But that means you gotta add the detail to the older ones right? That's at least better than having to start from scratch. (Also, I'll admit I don't think I can beat a Demon that good... maybe :lol: )
EDIT: When you get all '8' angles, a rotation animation will look awesome on that Demon :) I guess I like it alot becuase with your detail it really looks like flesh in his 'texture', and his pink color makes that perfect.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Look at this Imp:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

looks like the oryginal and very realistic. Maybe its inspire you.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

The models head is fucked up, and some of the spikes are not even in the right place...
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

No, everything is like in oryginal.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Yeah, his face is kinda wonky. He has too many wrinkles, his eyes are too 'gray alien-like' and the mouth is too small and sunk into his head - the jaw should extend down about a third more than what it does now IMO. Also his chest spikes are supposed to protrude from where the nipples would usually be on a human I think. Otherwise it's a pretty good rendition.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

I agree with chest spikes, but IMO his face is ok. The wrinkles in his face makes him more scarry and his looks more like deamon/hellspawn or mutant, not like a monkey. I think the face in sprite must look more scarry.
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

I also think the face looks strange. It looks like a face from a cheesy 1950s monster movie costume
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

No, the face makes it look like a constipated rubber suit. Like something off that incredibly obscure game Animal.
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

C'mon guys, it's not like the original sprites had that much detail to begin with. Who's to say that the model is not accurate?
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Considering that it looks like a plastic model or maybe a glossy wood carving, I really doubt it's accurate to what the imp was supposed to be like.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

I think it looks cool. With these types of things, its nice to see different interpretations.
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

That is one ugly model. It looks like a piece of shit came to life and is coming for revenge for flushing it down the toilet.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

It looks like what would happen if someone made Doom action figures.

Doom imp action figure, now with removable head action!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”