Page 4 of 14

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:14 pm
by Shane
hugoroy wrote:
Shane wrote:
hugoroy wrote:I love these, mind if I use some of them in my wad(s)?

Of course you may use these. Just be sure you give credit where credit is due. Of course, I'll be updating, so you may want to update when I do.


thanks :D

Not a problem. The new Doom pack should be up tonight or tomorrow. I only have four songs left to do on it. It just depends on how long it takes me to record guitar. :)

@plausiblesarge @Sodaholic
I apologise for the wait on the Strife songs. I'm waiting for a VST to arrive to fill in a specific slot on my synth. I'm not happy with the sound I have for it now. I'll be doing both the Power Station and the Town music.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:30 am
by Siberian Tiger
Great work on these soundtracks! Since last year, I have been hosting these music files on Armada Gameservers to help spice things up - while keeping to the original theme for various games. But also, just today, I am planning on using these very songs into one of my projects for GZDoom. I can get away with the old wonky midi's that everyone already heard a million times already!

Thank you for making these songs, making them available even today (so many years!), and openly available for anyone to use.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:19 am
by Shane
Siberian Tiger wrote:Great work on these soundtracks! Since last year, I have been hosting these music files on Armada Gameservers to help spice things up - while keeping to the original theme for various games. But also, just today, I am planning on using these very songs into one of my projects for GZDoom. I can get away with the old wonky midi's that everyone already heard a million times already!

Thank you for making these songs, making them available even today (so many years!), and openly available for anyone to use.

Glad you found these useful! I haven't abandoned this project, I've just been WAY busy. I do have plans to do a massive overhaul on these. I'll keep everyone informed. ;) Thanks for checking it out, dude!

Edit: Sorry for an 8 month delay. Haha.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:12 pm
by Shane
Sorry. Didn't notice that the links were dead. I'll fix it tonight.

Edit: Fixed it on my lunch instead. Enjoy. :)

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:51 am
by whereswarren
Hey there, finally got into the original 2 DOOM games after the nostalgia for 3 and hype for 4. Just wanted to say your tracks are awesome and thank you for the effort- it's taken a bit of work but my first play through should be rather epic thanks to you.

Questions;
What's the difference between the old and new doom 1 pack?
Is the doom 2 pack of a relative quality to the new doom 1 pack - or should I use both 'old' packs for consistency sake?

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:04 am
by Shane
whereswarren wrote:Hey there, finally got into the original 2 DOOM games after the nostalgia for 3 and hype for 4. Just wanted to say your tracks are awesome and thank you for the effort- it's taken a bit of work but my first play through should be rather epic thanks to you.

Questions;
What's the difference between the old and new doom 1 pack?
Is the doom 2 pack of a relative quality to the new doom 1 pack - or should I use both 'old' packs for consistency sake?

Hey, thanks for checking out the tracks. I'm glad you like them! :) The new Doom pack is only a sample with higher quality recordings after some feedback. I'm going to be redoing all of the packs with much better quality soon.
The old packs are both about the same quality, so I'd suggest using those for now. Thanks for checking them out and check back for updates soon! :D

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:20 am
by SeventhSentinel
The link to the Chex Quest pack seems to be down.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 am
by Shane
SeventhSentinel wrote:The link to the Chex Quest pack seems to be down.

Oops! Thanks for letting me know! I re-uploaded it here: http://gam.thewaitingroom.org/doom/chexmus.pk3
Updated the main post as well. I did start on recordings for the project again. I'll post something soon. :)

Edit: Why not? Here's a recording of E1M1 I did last week: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/doom/At%2 ... 20Gate.mp3
Keep in mind it's not fully mixed yet, but it should give you an idea of the quality you can expect in the new version. :)

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:16 am
by SeventhSentinel
Wow, and I thought the last version of E1M1 was pretty good. Now I'm even more excited for this.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:09 pm
by Shane
SeventhSentinel wrote:Wow, and I thought the last version of E1M1 was pretty good. Now I'm even more excited for this.

I can hardly wait to get this done for myself and everyone else! :D I'm glad you liked it. :) Just did the bass and drums for the Imp's Song last night and drums for Dark Halls.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 am
by Siberian Tiger
Loving it!

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:23 pm
by Shane
Siberian Tiger wrote:Loving it!

I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:59 pm
by Siberian Tiger
Shane wrote:I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)


This is great news! I know that you're working on this project and I don't want to sound - demanding or negative, but do you know roughly when you might have this completed?

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:26 am
by Shane
Siberian Tiger wrote:
Shane wrote:I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)


This is great news! I know that you're working on this project and I don't want to sound - demanding or negative, but do you know roughly when you might have this completed?

Unfortunately, I don't have a deadline. My goal is to have Episode I of Doom either complete or near complete this week. I want to try to get 7 songs a week done. As long as I can keep that pace up, I should have Doom, Doom II and Final Doom done by August, then it'll just be working on the other IWADs at that point.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:07 pm
by Siberian Tiger
Shane wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have a deadline. My goal is to have Episode I of Doom either complete or near complete this week. I want to try to get 7 songs a week done. As long as I can keep that pace up, I should have Doom, Doom II and Final Doom done by August, then it'll just be working on the other IWADs at that point.


Awesome! I am really looking forward to this! :D