[Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
vanfanel

Re: [Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link

Post by vanfanel »

@Shane: Any chances of getting the loop problem solved for Doom 1 OST? I am really loving this OST for years now, and this small problem still bugs me...
Shane
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Shane »

LOL_DUDE wrote:Yeah, I've been having that same problem, too. So, I checked out the files, and discovered that the cause was the files being merely misnamed. In doom2mus.pk3, the files for the two duplicates of "In the Dark" were named "d_the_da2.ogg" and "d_the_da3.ogg", when they should've been "d_theda2.ogg" and "d_theda3.ogg". I made a new PK3 that corrects those file names, and now the high quality song plays on all the levels it should! You can download doom2mus_fix.pk3, though you do need to use it in conjunction with doom2mus.pk3, since it only contains the fixed files for "In the Dark".

Side note, I've found that the TNT: Evilution pack doesn't work when used with Doom Combined. I've found that this is because TNT's music overwrites Doom II: Hell on Earth's, so Doom Combined renames all of TNT's music files so they don't conflict. I ended up going through the process of renaming all of the files in tntmus.pk3 so they would replace the renamed TNT tracks and not Doom II's, and am putting it up for download here as tntmus_dc.pk3, in case anyone else also uses Doom Combined and wants to have this remastered music for TNT in it.

If you see this, Shane, I ask that you possibly fix the file names in doom2mus.pk3 and offer tntmus_dc.pk3 as an alternate download on the main post.
Holy cow, I'm an idiot! Thanks for catching this! I'll update the post soon! This fixed Zydomus's problem too, right? I appreciate your help!
snoturky wrote:This is awesome. I always thought the MIDI tracks sounded pretty good, but getting some real guitars in there from someone who can play and actually knows how to use good tone and not overdo the distortion is :wub:

One thing I noticed though, is that the click or block track on "Countdown to Death" is off. It's definitely ahead of the other tracks. Just slightly at the beginning, and then it seems to get worse after a while. It's probably because a click is sharp and short - it lands instantly. But the other sounds on this track are a little more rounded, so it takes a moment before the accented part of their sound lands. That makes the click sound early. I think a short delay on the click would improve that.

Great project though, I really like it!
Thank you so much! Yeah, I'll look into that. I could have rushed that without thinking about it. I'll try to have it more accurate for the updated/FLAC packs!
Scuba Steve wrote:Wait... is the wrong track playing for Plutonia Map11? Shouldn't D_STLKS2 be replaced with the same track as D_BUNNY?
Is it the wrong track? The way I do this is I record every unique song, then rename the files based off of Doom Wiki's soundtrack listings. So there's a lot of room for human error (especially of the Shane variety).
vanfanel wrote:@Shane: Any chances of getting the loop problem solved for Doom 1 OST? I am really loving this OST for years now, and this small problem still bugs me...
Absolutely! I hope to get a fixed and remixed (that is, updated to use the mix template I made for Final Doom) pack out this year! I'm sorry that this problem has bothered you for so long! :(
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Yeah, I noticed it was wrong because Map 11 is extremely iconic since it should be the bunny music from the end of the game playing. You just need to find D_BUNNY and rename it D_STLKS2.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Scuba Steve wrote:Yeah, I noticed it was wrong because Map 11 is extremely iconic since it should be the bunny music from the end of the game playing. You just need to find D_BUNNY and rename it D_STLKS2.
Oh! I hadn't updated the Plutonia pack yet. That's probably still the old 2010 version. I'm gonna try to get the new version of the packs out by the end of this year, and hopefully I won't miss that!

I was just waiting off on releasing Plutonia until I got Doom and Doom 2's packs updated so that everything will be a little more consistent! Thanks for the heads up!
vanfanel

Post by vanfanel »

Shane wrote: Absolutely! I hope to get a fixed and remixed (that is, updated to use the mix template I made for Final Doom) pack out this year! I'm sorry that this problem has bothered you for so long! :(
Dont worry! Your Doom OST is so incredible! I am very thankful about it, to the point that I can not play Doom or Doom II without it... :oops:

So, is fixed Doom 1 OST for proper looping still happening this year? :D
auratoostronk
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by auratoostronk »

Download for Doom 1 isnt working on chrome, as it is "dangerous". Thought you might wanna fix that since there will be more chrome users in the future, who might think chrome is right despite .pk3's being basically harmless.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Hmmm - Firefox is complaining about the site that it is on, too. That site may have been compromised.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I hope Shane doesn't mind - I am reposting the entire collection (fixed versions) as a single download - if you don't want it just send a report or PM and I'll remove it.
https://mega.nz/#!ocsBTC6S!CcEY6PLBvVks ... 5Rp_9HFVck
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

The collection is missing the Doom 2 music. The "Fix" only contains two fixed tracks and lacks the majority of the soundtrack.
Shane

Post by Shane »

auratoostronk wrote:Download for Doom 1 isnt working on chrome, as it is "dangerous". Thought you might wanna fix that since there will be more chrome users in the future, who might think chrome is right despite .pk3's being basically harmless.
Rachael wrote:Hmmm - Firefox is complaining about the site that it is on, too. That site may have been compromised.
Yeah. I was hosting some old tools for PSO modding and Google suspected them as viruses or whatever. I did their recommended steps and removed the tools from The Waiting Room then filed the appeal. It shouldn't be giving errors anymore. If it does, please let me know, so I can find the next people I need to yell at. :P
Rachael wrote:I hope Shane doesn't mind - I am reposting the entire collection (fixed versions) as a single download - if you don't want it just send a report or PM and I'll remove it.
https://mega.nz/#!ocsBTC6S!CcEY6PLBvVks ... 5Rp_9HFVck
Rachael, I don't mind at all. I do plan on updating the packs still. It's just that SRB2 took up a majority of my time last year, and I needed to take a break from music work to get back in to the mood. :lol:

So I'm expecting to have an update for Doom 1 and 2 this year that should fix the issues people have had. Mirrors are always welcome for any of my stuff, though. If I just wanted to keep it to myself, I'd have never shared it in the first place! It's just sometimes you look back at your old work and wonder what you were thinking. :lol:
Doot2

Post by Doot2 »

Is SIGIL soundtrack in your plans?
Shane

Post by Shane »

Doot2 wrote:Is SIGIL soundtrack in your plans?
I might consider it. I see it as less of a priority because of the existence of SIGIL_SHREDS, but I did do a cover of Jimmy's soundtrack for Duke It out in D.C. and it could be fun to do covers of his soundtrack for SIGIL too. Also considering the Plutonia MIDI pack (which NeuralStunner suggested 4 years ago).
XanderBFG
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by XanderBFG »

Hi Shane, i'm Alex. I saw your post in ZDOOM of the doom music project in high quality, and I would like to ask you if you give me permission to use your themes for my unofficial doom launchers that I will post on Youtube and of course I already added you in the credits. ¿Can I?
Shane

Post by Shane »

XanderBFG wrote:Hi Shane, i'm Alex. I saw your post in ZDOOM of the doom music project in high quality, and I would like to ask you if you give me permission to use your themes for my unofficial doom launchers that I will post on Youtube and of course I already added you in the credits. ¿Can I?
Hey, Xander. Feel free to use my music for whatever you want, whenever you want. Just give me a shout out when you do! :)
XanderBFG
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by XanderBFG »

Shane wrote:
XanderBFG wrote:Hi Shane, i'm Alex. I saw your post in ZDOOM of the doom music project in high quality, and I would like to ask you if you give me permission to use your themes for my unofficial doom launchers that I will post on Youtube and of course I already added you in the credits. ¿Can I?
Hey, Xander. Feel free to use my music for whatever you want, whenever you want. Just give me a shout out when you do! :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D I'LL DO.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”