[Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NeonSpectre

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by NeonSpectre »

Just curious, any kind of ETA on the new DOOM II music? Ultimate DOOM stuff was really cool.
Shane
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Shane »

NeonSpectre wrote:Just curious, any kind of ETA on the new DOOM II music? Ultimate DOOM stuff was really cool.
Hm. None yet, but I should start working on it. After working on Doom for what felt like a non-stop couple of months, I took a break from it, but I can get started on that soon. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Also, for anyone who wants it: They're Going to Get You (Choir Version) (6.32 MB)

This pack has also been added to the main post. Just add it after the other Doom music pack. Let me know if you guys like this one. I was reluctant to add choirs for a couple of reasons. The primary reason being that since I recorded everything on real instruments, I didn't want to use a synth choir in this track. Not to mention, the Ahh ahh ahh ahh over and over just sounds cheesy to me. Maybe if there were words or something, I could use Symphonic Choirs and make the synth choir say whatever the words are, but I just don't like ahhs over and over.

Either way, I hope you guys like this version of it, and if not, let me know!
TheDramaticSkull

Post by TheDramaticSkull »

That's a lot more reverb than I expected, but I sill like it better than the version without the choir. Thanks!
Shane

Post by Shane »

TheDramaticSkull wrote:That's a lot more reverb than I expected, but I sill like it better than the version without the choir. Thanks!
I can tweak that later. I'm glad you like it. :)
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

I'm really glad that you're still working on these great sets! Is there any chance for flac's in the future?
Shane

Post by Shane »

Siberian Tiger wrote:I'm really glad that you're still working on these great sets! Is there any chance for flac's in the future?
Yes. Actually, I initially wanted to do FLACs alongside the OGG version I have now and some lower quality ones for people with slower internet, but it seemed that the pk3s would crash on load cos they were too big maybe? I'm not sure, so maybe I'll just release the FLACs in parts at some point in the future.
Siberian Tiger

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Shane wrote:Yes. Actually, I initially wanted to do FLACs alongside the OGG version I have now and some lower quality ones for people with slower internet, but it seemed that the pk3s would crash on load cos they were too big maybe? I'm not sure, so maybe I'll just release the FLACs in parts at some point in the future.
Strange, I am not exactly sure why that could happen - unless all of the music resources are tossed into RAM and magically reached the maximum possible amount for a 32bit program in terms of RAM usage? But don't quote me on this as I am not really sure myself, someone else might know exactly why this happens.

An alternative to this and if it is possible - depending on your host resources, is to just throw all the FLAC files into a standard .zip or .7z for modders or listeners, and keep the current ogg's for those that want to use the .pk3 in ZDoom.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Siberian Tiger wrote:
Shane wrote:Yes. Actually, I initially wanted to do FLACs alongside the OGG version I have now and some lower quality ones for people with slower internet, but it seemed that the pk3s would crash on load cos they were too big maybe? I'm not sure, so maybe I'll just release the FLACs in parts at some point in the future.
Strange, I am not exactly sure why that could happen - unless all of the music resources are tossed into RAM and magically reached the maximum possible amount for a 32bit program in terms of RAM usage? But don't quote me on this as I am not really sure myself, someone else might know exactly why this happens.

An alternative to this and if it is possible - depending on your host resources, is to just throw all the FLAC files into a standard .zip or .7z for modders or listeners, and keep the current ogg's for those that want to use the .pk3 in ZDoom.
I have no real filesize limitations, so that isn't a problem. Maybe I'll work on another FLAC version this weekend. If you can tell from the new directories, I'm intending to do that anyway. I wanted to release a downloadable version for listening, but I need to get working on an overhaul on my website. I've just been too preoccupied to do that recently. Lol.
Siberian Tiger

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Shane wrote: I have no real filesize limitations, so that isn't a problem. Maybe I'll work on another FLAC version this weekend. If you can tell from the new directories, I'm intending to do that anyway. I wanted to release a downloadable version for listening, but I need to get working on an overhaul on my website. I've just been too preoccupied to do that recently. Lol.
Awesome stuff! I have also been extremely busy as well, I feel rather sad that I am unable to work on my other projects - but that's life. In any regards, thank you for your hard work and I'll try to keep watch for any new updates on this project. :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I was really missing the choir in d_e1m8. Any chances it can be brought back like you did for d_e2m4?
Shane

Post by Shane »

NightFright wrote:I was really missing the choir in d_e1m8. Any chances it can be brought back like you did for d_e2m4?
Sure.

Sign of Evil (Choir Version) (9.22 MB)

A little bit larger since it replaces e1m8 and e3m4.
Last edited by Shane on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Excellent, that's how I know it! Thanks a lot! ^^

BTW, you may want to edit your download link since it points to the wrong file. I figured you had just confused the names, so I put d_e1m8 in the link instead and got the right d/l.
Shane

Post by Shane »

NightFright wrote:Excellent, that's how I know it! Thanks a lot! ^^

BTW, you may want to edit your download link since it points to the wrong file. I figured you had just confused the names, so I put d_e1m8 in the link instead and got the right d/l.
Oops! Thanks for the catch. It was correct on the first post, just not that one. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

I need to get working on Doom 2!
Siberian Tiger

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Shane wrote:
NightFright wrote:I was really missing the choir in d_e1m8. Any chances it can be brought back like you did for d_e2m4?
Sure.

Sign of Evil (Choir Version) (9.22 MB)

A little bit larger since it replaces e1m8 and e3m4.
Great stuff! How is the Doom 2 progress coming along?
Tapwave
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Holy shit. This is gorgeous stuff. I'm beyond impressed. Every track got a chill out of me, love it. Can't wait for D2 to be finished!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”