[Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shane
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link

Post by Shane »

XanderBFG wrote:
Shane wrote:
XanderBFG wrote:Hi Shane, i'm Alex. I saw your post in ZDOOM of the doom music project in high quality, and I would like to ask you if you give me permission to use your themes for my unofficial doom launchers that I will post on Youtube and of course I already added you in the credits. ¿Can I?
Hey, Xander. Feel free to use my music for whatever you want, whenever you want. Just give me a shout out when you do! :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D I'LL DO.
Awesome! I'm glad you enjoy it! I look forward to seeing how you use it! :)
Lisiczka

Post by Lisiczka »

Renamed and repacked tracks into a single pk3 for WadSmoosh support:

https://mega.nz/file/hBxGTKgC#QcwkOiCQ5 ... 1mgb_WXLEQ

Choir tracks addon:
https://mega.nz/file/UVoCnQjB#jDHay_x-D ... ewDBF1Nv9k
XanderBFG
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by XanderBFG »

Hi Shane, it's me. Do you remember what we talked about that I was doing a DOOM launcher? Well, I did it a long time ago, but there it is, with your credits in it and everything else.

(Link removed. -ww)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

XanderBFG wrote:Hi Shane, it's me. Do you remember what we talked about that I was doing a DOOM launcher? Well, I did it a long time ago, but there it is, with your credits in it and everything else.
Hello, I'm presently unable to download this to verify, does this launcher/compilation still require the commercial Doom games, or does it come with them?

[edit] Your distributions contained commercial Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom IWAD files that are not legal for you to distribute. Remove them from your download, and then you can repost your download links.
vanfanel

Post by vanfanel »

@Shane: Could you *please* fix this soundtrack so the songs loop correctly in DoomRetro? They have an extra 3-seconds at the end of each song, so they don't loop well.
But since I listened to this OST, I can't play Doom or Doom II with other music! It's SO incredible! So it's a pity that they don't loop correctly in-game...
Shane
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Shane »

vanfanel wrote:@Shane: Could you *please* fix this soundtrack so the songs loop correctly in DoomRetro? They have an extra 3-seconds at the end of each song, so they don't loop well.
But since I listened to this OST, I can't play Doom or Doom II with other music! It's SO incredible! So it's a pity that they don't loop correctly in-game...
They play one extra bar to loop seamlessly with ZDoom's LOOP_START tag (though they seemed to be broken in The Ultimate Doom for some reason).

I'm actually working on making updated versions of all of these before working on the Plutonia pack. I was hoping to get that done by Halloween, but that won't happen, unfortunately. I've been in the middle of moving, so I don't have access to my music stuff.

When the new versions launch, there will also be downloadable versions without loops, so I hope that'll work out for you! I've never used DoomRetro before. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the tracks! I hope that it won't be too unbearable of a wait for you.

Thanks for listening, as always!
vitriolicv

Post by vitriolicv »

I didn't realize you were still working on this! I'm glad though! I streamed recently, and someone asked me about your music, so I told them about it.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”