Marine Skins - v7

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Marine Skins - v6

Post by Ghastly »

Updated to version 6! Several new skins added, and several tweaks to existing skins (especially death sprites).
The_One_Doom_Mod

Post by The_One_Doom_Mod »

LOVING the carbine marine :)
Lolazer

Post by Lolazer »

Can you spawn these using console?
Xim

Post by Xim »

"Assault Grenade Launcher Marine" eh? That's a pretty sexy name, I like it. I assume that's the sprite set I submitted?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Lolazer wrote:Can you spawn these using console?
They're skins, so I'd guess "no". :P

They're still looking great, Ghastly. :D
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Xim wrote:"Assault Grenade Launcher Marine" eh? That's a pretty sexy name, I like it. I assume that's the sprite set I submitted?
Yep, it is. I had to rename it since Grenade Launcher Marine is already taken. I didn't want to add it in the previous version because I thought I was just about to release it (then got stuck on the Redeemer) and wanted v6 at 45 skins even. But it'll definately be in v7, which will be surprisingly soon.

Anywho:
I only DE's Chainsaw and the HellStorm Cannon skins. The others are by Xim (the aforementioned Assault Grenade Launcher), ItsNatureToDie and the crouching sets are by JoeyTD.

Also, there are only four skins that don't have crouching sets (Knife, Backpack, Dual-Pistol and RevRocket), at the moment, but I might be able to do a few of them myself. I also plan on adding IGPack's Prox Launcher (that's all of IGPack's weapons) and UTNT's Pyro-Cannon (and that's all of UTNT's weapons) and I might also do DE's Shotgun and Super Shotgun (all of DE-Ep1's weapons). For v8, I'll probably take a crack at KDiZD's weapons (Grenade Launcher, Rifle and Super Shotgun).
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

PROGRESS!
Thanks to JoeyTD for the three crouching sets. Assuming I can finish the Dual Pistols, that's all the crouching sets done! :D
Xim

Post by Xim »

Looks awesome! Keep it up man! The back-pack marine and the rev-rocket guy are probably gonna be trickier too finish.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Great job on the skin but how do you find weapons such as:

Super-Chaingun
Carbine
Lightning Rifle
BioCannon
Redeemer

Would be cool if I knew where to find those weapons.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Super-Chaingun
Carbine
Lightning Rifle
Redeemer
Those weapons, unfortunately, don't exist as anything more than pickup sprites. The Carbine Marine could fit some recent weapons by (I think) JoeyTD, though.
Doomguy 2000 wrote:BioCannon
That's on the R667 Armory as the Bio-Pipebomb Launcher. I renamed it for the skin.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
Doomguy 2000 wrote:Super-Chaingun
Carbine
Lightning Rifle
Redeemer
Those weapons, unfortunately, don't exist as anything more than pickup sprites. The Carbine Marine could fit some recent weapons by (I think) JoeyTD, though.
Doomguy 2000 wrote:BioCannon
That's on the R667 Armory as the Bio-Pipebomb Launcher. I renamed it for the skin.
Is the Super-Chaingun idea from the Spider Mastermind? The Bio-Pipebomb Launcher I have already download just didn't think about that one. The Carbine, lightning Rifle and the Redeemer I guess will have to be left out of my project since the weapons for those are unavailable.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Is the Super-Chaingun idea from the Spider Mastermind?
No, Xim originally created it as a Minigun Marine, but after a while he decided to remake it. I thought the first attempt was still pretty good, so I renamed it to the Super-Chaingun and kept it.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Personally, I don't like it that much, it's really inconsistent with the frames and such. But hey glad somebody likes the work I do that even I don't like.
AVGN

Re: Marine Skins - v5

Post by AVGN »

Ghastly_dragon wrote: Edit:
Took a crack at DE's Chainsaw:
Suggestions?
looks like duke 3D shrinker
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Marine Skins - v5

Post by Ghastly »

AVGN wrote:looks like duke 3D shrinker