[Project]Hexen II Monsters

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ShadesMaster

Re: [Project]Hexen II Monsters

Post by ShadesMaster »

Can't wait for the next release! Maybe I should fix up my knight archer....
Rolls

Post by Rolls »

I have a question, Ghastly dragon:
How you can do these shines in the Iron Golem?
I'm trying to shine like that to some sprites with photoshop, but I don´t know
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Try altering the brightness and contrast, I think that's what you mean
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I just increased the contrast by, I think, 50 percent. Worked pretty well. :P
Rolls

Post by Rolls »

Ok, thanks :D
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Only 9 sprites left to recolor on the Shadow Wizard (It's the attack animation, so it'll be tricky, and longer than the usual sprites), then I just have to code the thing, and it's done. I'm focusing on it, at the moment, so I can get the new beta released (and so I can add it to ToTL :P).

@Codennium Red: Do you want to fix up the archer, for the Archer, Archer Lord and Tulku Archer, to make it closer to the original, or would you like me to (I don't mind. it'd be an interesting copy/paste job)?

@Leileilol: Thanks, that worked! :)
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I'd actually rather you do it. Make it more true to the original versions. I just took the Cleric and changed the top part of his armor and gave him a CROSSBOW lol. They should at least have bows like my Satyrs, not CROSSbows. Plus I'm sure the sprites from HeXen 2 for the green, blue, red, and gold arrows can be taken / remade closer than what I have - including their distinct explosion which imho rocks.

The armor should have been changed around a bit more as well, I just altered the top but the colors throughout should have been different. And I wonder how the different arrow versions work? Green and blue work normally, and red and gold are supposed to push you backwards and go more damage. But the Archer Lord fires red arrows like the normal ones, so maybe a second red that does the normal style attack? I don't know lol....
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I was going to paste the helmet and shoulders from your Knight Archer onto the Archer from GF3/GvH. Unfortunately, I'd need to somehow edit the cape out of it, but that's probably beyond my skill. :?

Also, the red, blue and green arrows don't really do anything special. It's like the Undead Knights from Heretic, that throw green axes, or the more damaging red (Archer Lords only fire the more damaging red arrow, and Tulku Archers fire a blue arrow that's sort of in-between, in power). Recoloring for the arrow, and getting that explosion for it would be easy, as well (Raven Software likes reusing things, it's the same explosion from Quietus' shots).
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

The green and red arrows do the same damage but the red arrow pushes you away a little more. There's also an orange arrow used by the archer lords, that I guess does more damage.

Do you think you could do a green colored Archer? I have a very special idea for it.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Sure. Once I've whipped up a good set, a green recolor shouldn't be that hard. :)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Next beta's done! :D

http://files.filefront.com/Hexen+II+Mon ... einfo.html

I don't recommend people use them, since I'm changing them so much, but I won't stop people from using them in their projects.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

VERY good job! I found only one bug - in two places, decorate and the projectiles code, the name 'SkullWizardProjectile' remained when it should have been 'ShadowWizardProjectile,' I was THAN able to fight the ShadowWizard!!!!
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Heh, awesome, I'm loving the golem's green laser :lol:
And the way you made them glow too, that's great.

You might want to add a limit to the Golem footstep sounds, summon lots of them and they sound weird.

Not too keen on the wizard's hitscan thing though, also, what's the difference between the shadow and skull wizards? :?
Rolls

Post by Rolls »

:D it´s great
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Hey, I really like this.
Not sure if it's a bug, but the wizards barely teleport now, and when they do they teleport right near the place they were.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”