[Project]Hexen II Monsters

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vegeta(dw)

Re: [Project]Hexen II Monsters

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

What do you think of this?
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

IIRC, the book was on the right hand... Should I also say it needs edits? :lol:
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

The tome isn't all that necessary, and would only look really good when held under the arm (and even then, it'd probably need a new attack animation).

I appreciate the effort, though. :)
printz

Post by printz »

Heh, I wasn't serious about the tome :) But I remember the skull wizards would drop tomes of power at occasion, just like Disciples, so why not.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

While on the subject of the Skull and Shadow Wizards, what do you all think of the first test recolor?

Dreadopp

Post by Dreadopp »

That looks pretty good to me. I like that color combo.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

T667-Approved
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Is Praevus planned? I have some ideas for the sprites. The problem is that I think it's going to need ACS for his attacks.

Edit: Nevermind, I started with Eidolon. He is more fun to edit and most likely he will have a part also in my mod.
printz

Post by printz »

Eidolon could just be a recoloured satyr or bruiser demon with satyr face. Good luck with the werejaguars and scorpions. The crystal golem is a boss initially invincible. What about crossbows? :) Or the four horsemen? Or the snake?
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Eidolon definitely needs completely original sprite. Not some Satyr variation. Cleaned up model rip would be enough but not bruiser mod.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Personally I dislike to use things from DOOM on Hexen, so no. So far I'm doing the design but it's looking good, yet the cleaned model rip would be the ideal option, still is over what I can do.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Can't wait so see! The Medusa and Skull Wizard were excellent recreations and Eidolon I can picture to be sweet as well!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Vegeta: As soon as I get a hold of, and play through, Portal of Praevus, I'll add it's monsters to the list. Can't wait to see that Eidolon sprite. :)

Printz: The four horsemen will be amazingly hard to sprite and to code (I can't make them walk in a predetermined path without using the Death Wyvern's behaviour, but that would make it only able to attack things in front if it), so I can stand leaving them out of this pack. I think we can leave the mid-boss stone snake from the Egyptian-themed hub, as well, because it seems more of a map fixture than a boss. The Crystal Golem invincibility, by the way, will be a modder's choice (since if someone just placed it on a map, they could never kill it).
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

The problem with the Horsmen could be fixed using Korax or Dark Bishop walking actions (they attack the target no matter if they can't see it). War sprites are basically already done (Daggerfall armored axe horman), yet the others would be hard to edit. Still not that hard, Daggerfall also has a skeleton riding a horse (base for Famine and Death), I don't know if there's a base for the big boar for Pestilence (the sprites of him could be edited from the Archer Knight, D'sParil, and Daedelon).

Not Hexen related, but what do you think of this? (sorry it isn't worth to start a thread for it)
I have the rotations for the head already. Perhaps a big floating head would be better (it wouldn't loose quality as the original sprites are way bigger)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Wow, looks like a mini Icon Of Sin. I always wanted to see a boss like that. :D

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”