Major's Stupid Sound Pack

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Major's Stupid Sound Pack

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:50 pm

Does Doom's gibbing sound bore, disturb, or make you cringe because it sounds like an obnoxious person smacking their lunch in their mouth around like a pig?

Here's a sound pack that replaces Doom's, D4D's and AEoD's sound gibbage with some... 'special' sounds:
  • Hilarious screaming
  • Full tummies giving compliments to chefs
  • I ate too many red beans and now my ass won't shut the fuck up
  • Explosions
  • And many more.

Bonus: Bind a key to "play dominateline" and press it after killing a hard enemy to say a quote along the lines of:
  • Irish Diplomacy (fitting because generally you'll be fighting demons from Hell)
  • Motherfucker (because Vegeta quoting Die Hard is just badass)
  • Some other miscellaneous sick burns.

Download it here.

Just load it after everything else. Have fun! Or not. It's bizarre. This should work for anything that replaces the standard doom gibbage sound. Others that introduce their own however may not trigger some of the sounds to play.

It may make your game harder if you find it amusing and can't focus from laughing too hard.
If you enjoy this kind of humor, try recording yourself with a mic and playing. I'd love to see takes on this. :mrgreen:
Major Cooke
d = klabs(wall[wall[wall[sector[dasect].wallptr].point2].point2].x-s->x)...

Re: Major's Stupid Sound Pack

Postby Samarai1000 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Well, I suppose humor IS subjective, but this isn't a bad idea!
Samarai1000

Re: Major's Stupid Sound Pack

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Quite! A few friends were wondering what I was using when I was showing them some things and they thought I should try releasing it. I know most people won't care for it one way or another. Meh, was something I've been building up randomly for years as an aside.
Major Cooke
d = klabs(wall[wall[wall[sector[dasect].wallptr].point2].point2].x-s->x)...

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches