Doom HD sprites (Not upscaled)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom HD sprites (Not upscaled)

Postby dmslr » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Marcelus wrote:shotgun

Perhaps you've decided to stay true to the original graphics but the shotgun in hi-res looks illogical because there's no space for the forend to slide forward or backward. It's too long. And the shotgun in general just looks like a toy (I know it has been drawn from a toy). What do you think?
dmslr

Postby Marcelus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:19 am

dmslr wrote:
Marcelus wrote:shotgun

Perhaps you've decided to stay true to the original graphics but the shotgun in hi-res looks illogical because there's no space for the forend to slide forward or backward. It's too long. And the shotgun in general just looks like a toy (I know it has been drawn from a toy). What do you think?

every feedback is very useful... This I made it before year and I know this is not ideal. Original sprite is very tiny and after upscaling do not see nothing useful. If you have some source where is good looking shape for shotgun very close from doom games I will be happy. Is not problem remade .
Marcelus

Postby dmslr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:02 am

How about this?
Attachments
S&W3000shotgun.jpg
dmslr

Postby Marcelus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:29 am

Wau, this is perfect. Thank you very much.
Marcelus

Postby Marcelus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:06 pm

hm... I do not like upscaled sprites. Especially neural packs. These sprites are distorted,colors looks washed and totally kills original feeling but I also some sprites upscaled before I do redone it in high resolution. If someone is interest about upscaling I prefer G mic plugin for gimp. G mic has more upscaling methods but one is very good. dccI2x under repair section. Very minor transparent edges and do not ruined colors or shapes. . more is not good but 2x is nice. I have many Hexen sprites upscaled with this method.
Attachments
3.jpg
Last edited by Marcelus on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcelus

Postby Marcelus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Red column with skull
Attachments
COL6A0.jpg
Marcelus

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Enjay wrote:I've always imagined the base of the lamp to be round. The "stepped" effect of the original sprite is, IMO, merely due to representing a curve with very few pixels.

Same here
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Marcelus » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:43 am

SHELLS
Attachments
SBOXA0.png
SBOXA0.png (896 Bytes) Viewed 296 times
shells.jpg
Marcelus

Postby Marcelus » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm

now I'm working on the fire. There's a lot of work to do
Attachments
stojan lebky_rozrobene.jpg
Marcelus

Postby Marcelus » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:40 pm

If someone want Levels Names in white Doom font for Doom 1 here are in HD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQgYyg ... sp=sharing
Attachments
WILV00.PNG
Marcelus

Postby theroguemonk » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:16 am

i can do spriting but not this good can someone teach me :(
theroguemonk

Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Marcelus » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:38 am

Red columns
Attachments
pillars.jpg
Marcelus

Postby Enjay » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:33 am

These are looking good. The are doing the thing that many hi-res texture packs do: take some liberties with the colour palette (basically the additional colour fidelity means that the iems may not compliment eas other as much as they do when they are all forced to use the same limited palette). It's generally working well though and would certainly expect them to look good along with a texture pack.

I have to say that the "shells" text on the side of the shell box bothers me. It looks too clean and IMO the font style doesn't really suit the side of a box of shotgun shells either. It looks exactly like what I assume it is - a nice-looking font from your computer typed on to the side of the box with little post-processing. Something a bit more stark and functional in style would work better and a bit of "weathering" to make the text match the look of the background box would be good IMO (compare the cleanliness of the text to the worn looking line under it).

Have you started packaging things up into a releasable format yet? Even a wip demo of what you have done so far would be nice to see "in the flesh".
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Marcelus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 am

Enjay wrote:These are looking good. The are doing the thing that many hi-res texture packs do: take some liberties with the colour palette (basically the additional colour fidelity means that the iems may not compliment eas other as much as they do when they are all forced to use the same limited palette). It's generally working well though and would certainly expect them to look good along with a texture pack.

I have to say that the "shells" text on the side of the shell box bothers me. It looks too clean and IMO the font style doesn't really suit the side of a box of shotgun shells either. It looks exactly like what I assume it is - a nice-looking font from your computer typed on to the side of the box with little post-processing. Something a bit more stark and functional in style would work better and a bit of "weathering" to make the text match the look of the background box would be good IMO (compare the cleanliness of the text to the worn looking line under it).

Have you started packaging things up into a releasable format yet? Even a wip demo of what you have done so far would be nice to see "in the flesh".

I also don't like the font. I tried different but this was the closest. It would be nice if I knew what font he used for the original sprite. This sprite is relative small when is used weathering looks blurry in game. Same problem i have with green ammo box. First was weathered and looks too blurry. SEcond version is more crisp. Ingame looks better. Planned redone "shells" because yes this is too much "technically"...Now I have pause because Doom Eternal... :) The first version of the package could be out in a week.
Attachments
ammoa0.jpg
Marcelus

Postby Marcelus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 am

I made also some HD textures for dhtp pack but still are not in actual dhtp. I send them before year and who know why they are not. If someone interest please post here and i make pack with this textures. I made 7 or 8 textures what not looking good in dhtp pack and are too much different from original textures. Mine are much close
Attachments
FLAT1_1.jpg
ceil1_2.jpg
ceil1_3.jpg
Marcelus

PreviousNext

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches