Droplets - Development Resumes!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Droplets - Development Resumes!

Postby Josh771 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:21 pm

BROS_ETT_311 wrote:Any chance on a patch to use this with D4D? There's currently a bug that spawns bloodpools beneath all enemies upon starting a map. However, this isn't present when using droplets with D4T, so it might just be a D4D issue.

D4D must be insta-killing bleeding actors all over the map in that case. I could maybe add a simple check that prevents blood pooling from continuing when the corpse actor is no longer existent. Development on Droplets has slowed down a bit as of now, but I can add that to my to-do list. :wink:
Josh771
formerly known as SidDoyle

Discord: josh771#7771

Postby NeonLights95 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 am

I like this Droplets mod. I think it's a wonderful blood mod. Keep it up!
NeonLights95
That guy

Discord: NeroTheAvalon#9835

Postby snackerfork » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 pm

This is a great mod, but there's one big problem with it - MAP06 of Doom 2. The game slows to an absolute crawl when the Spider Mastermind is being crushed. This happens on Beautiful Doom, when Beautiful Doom is turned off, and in older versions as well. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ceiling blood drops? If there's any way to fix this, that'd be wonderful.

ETA: Looking at actorlist in the console, the culprit seems to be the huge amount of blooddroplets and ceildrippers that spawn when the Spider Mastermind is being crushed. I saw over 2000 and over 500, respectively. But I'm not sure there's a way to fix it besides enabling "mild blood amounts" and a limit of 500 on blood drops, unless you can get the Zdoom developers to change the way blood is spawned when an enemy like the Spider Mastermind is being crushed.
snackerfork

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches