[v1.0.1] DamNums - Universal Damage Numbers

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [v1.0.1] DamNums - Universal Damage Numbers

Postby Xaser » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Outtagum wrote:If you're still working on this, I wonder if it's possible to add an option to colour the numbers according to the monsters' blood? I use nashgore and I would love to shoot a Caco and see blue numbers fly off as well as, say, green numbers flying off a Hellknight injured by splash damage. :)

I may tinker with that at some point, though blood color translations are known to be weird, even in ZScript. Having a tri-state switch between "use damagetype colors", "use blood colors", and "always use the color I, the user, specify no matter what, dude" would work for switching between 'em.

For now, I've gone ahead and uploaded v1.0.1, which adds support for non-standard IWADs like Delaweare et.al, and also cut a GitHub Release for the fun of it. It indeed works quite well! :D
Xaser
autodefenestrator

Postby Outtagum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks for considering my suggestion. Version 1.0.1 is now in my Autoload. :)
Outtagum

Postby Chickenlegz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:18 pm

I'd like it alot.
It really reminds about World of WarCraft floating damage text xD
Fits perfect in one of my mods.
Keep it up :)
Chickenlegz
Misunderstand me right

Postby hoover1979 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 am

Nice mod. Looks like a barrel of fun. :D

Is there a possibility you can add text, for gibbing, one hit kills and multi-kills. This could really increase the fun with smart-ass lines for cool kills and skill shots. Imagine that in Multiplayer? :)
hoover1979
Making 2k Texture Pack for Doom.

Previous

Return to Graphic/Sound Patches