Carbon River (Alpha) - Spooky Walking Sim

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Carbon River (Alpha) - Spooky Walking Sim

Post by ImpieTwo »

I never finished this, and it doesn't look likely that I will, so I'm sharing what I have for those of you wanting an atmospheric romp.

Carbon River is based on a creepy short story I wrote years ago, which is included in the download. It's got two maps, with the bulk of the game intended to take place on map 02. In its present state it's little more than a playable prototype for a first person horror game that would be made in Unity or another versatile engine.

Spoiler:
spoone

Re: Carbon River (Alpha) - Spooky Walking Sim

Post by spoone »

It's too bad you won't finish this. I really like what i'm playing. I meant to ask is the 2nd map meant to be finished?
Ferretmanjcdenton
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Looks impressive..I'll give it a go later .. maybe upload a video
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

spoone wrote:It's too bad you won't finish this. I really like what i'm playing. I meant to ask is the 2nd map meant to be finished?
It's not possible to finish it since there's no finish condition.
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Looks impressive..I'll give it a go later .. maybe upload a video
I'd prefer no other videos of this one since it isn't completed.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It's a shame that this won't be completed. I was looking forward to it and, like everything you do, it looked as if it was going to be really interesting and different.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Enjay wrote:It's a shame that this won't be completed. I was looking forward to it and, like everything you do, it looked as if it was going to be really interesting and different.
I might pick it up again if I find a way around some of the issues I was struggling with.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”