Doom 3 Weapons MOD[Update:08/14/06][Download Pg. 1]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Postby DomRem » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:13 pm

Yay! Build 3.0! Updated my mirror: (Remember, it's freewebs)

EDIT: Links outdated.

Also, I updated the wiki page(Thanks for the addition. I merged your section with one of mine). However, our builds are different again because I fixed two bugs in Map01(again) which:
1) Kept doors open too long.
2) Disallowed the imps hiding in the secret room with the stimpack from exiting the room unless the player opened the door themself.
I'll keep playtesting this in case I find some strange bugs. And yes, I am getting too picky :P .
Last edited by DomRem on Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chaoscentral » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:32 am

ok, besides i found the easiest way to copy the map over... save map into.
chaoscentral

Postby soft_haxorz » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:08 am

I think it would be cool if you added smoke to the rocket explosion and included the grenades, but that's just my opinion. Why are the plasma bolts grey?
soft_haxorz
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Postby DomRem » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:30 am

Ok, I noticed something while playtesting, but I'm not sure if it's a bug. chaoscentral, did you shorten the plasma rifle's ready sound when you pull it out? If you didn't, then something happened because it is different than before.

Also, if you idclev or warp into a level other than Map01, you start with the original Doom pistol. I already know this is a problem and it can't be changed in the unofficial build, but it's stupid the damn starting inventory can't be modified.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby Cutmanmike » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:44 am

Damaged zip apparently
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby chaoscentral » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:13 pm

the zip isnt damaged, probably said it was done when it wasnt. Also I did shorten the plasma gun sound. Also, the grenades would be pretty easy to implament. I already have sprites for it so I just need some spare time. Since I'm real lazy, Itll end up taking me a bit to add smoke to the explosion... also I need sprites for a new rocket.
chaoscentral

Postby Ryan Cordell » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:36 am

DomRem wrote:Ok, I noticed something while playtesting, but I'm not sure if it's a bug. chaoscentral, did you shorten the plasma rifle's ready sound when you pull it out? If you didn't, then something happened because it is different than before.

Also, if you idclev or warp into a level other than Map01, you start with the original Doom pistol. I already know this is a problem and it can't be changed in the unofficial build, but it's stupid the damn starting inventory can't be modified.

With ACS, if I remember correctly, you can remove the original Doom pistol as a starting weapon. ;)
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby DomRem » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:18 pm

Yeah, I know that, and that has already been done for Map01(I'm guessing you haven't played the mod, otherwise you would have noticed). If you warp to any other level, though, you start with the regular Doom pistol, because the starting inventory can't be modified, although it is a feature request. And unless someone can persuade chaoscentral to convert all the 31 other levels into Hexen format and me to go through them to see if they still work, it won't happen.

Anyway, for some reason, in Map01, there was an extra monster on UV and NM and two extras on ITYTD and HNTR, which I removed. Speaking of Map01, would you mind if I placed the flashlight in there, chaoscentral? It seems dumb that you need to use "give all" just to use it.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chaoscentral » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:55 pm

I did have it in map01 at one point, i dont think i released it... Take a look at mine and let me know if its the chainsaw or flashlight on my mirror of build 3
chaoscentral

Postby DomRem » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:20 pm

Yeah, in build 2 the flashlight appeared where the chainsaw normally does, but now in build 3 the Doom 3 chainsaw appears there instead, meaning there is no possible way to get the flashlight without using give all/IDKFA/IDFA.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chaoscentral » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:01 pm

ok... ill just make it add it to inventory in map01... if you map skip then you obviously can use give all
chaoscentral

Postby chaoscentral » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:29 pm

ok... ill update my mirror tomorrow... i finished the bfg. but not in the way i want sadly. I studied the multi projectile weapon, so i can use that method like in doom 3 where it gets stronger after charging it. but it just wouldnt work, so im going back to the original way of just single firing stuff. anywho its done... and all i gotta do is clean up the code, and fix those map01 errors and then... itl be finally done. for the most part that is
chaoscentral

Postby DomRem » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:47 pm

Well, before it's "finally done" I'll look for errors in that last version, but unless there would be something wrong with the BFG, I wouldn't expect to find anything wrong, since the wad has basically been cleaned up. I wonder why the MPW method didn't work.

Also, I'm wondering, are you going to upload this to /newstuff when it's finished?
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby Ryan Cordell » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:22 am

chaoscentral wrote:ok... ill update my mirror tomorrow... i finished the bfg. but not in the way i want sadly. I studied the multi projectile weapon, so i can use that method like in doom 3 where it gets stronger after charging it. but it just wouldnt work, so im going back to the original way of just single firing stuff. anywho its done... and all i gotta do is clean up the code, and fix those map01 errors and then... itl be finally done. for the most part that is

Search for the Weapon Resource's main wad, they have a BFG like launcher that can charge up. Maybe you could learn from that code.
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby chaoscentral » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:59 am

i did, i couldnt figure it out. it was all setup the same it just kept glitchen out
chaoscentral

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects