Doom 3 Weapons MOD[Update:08/14/06][Download Pg. 1]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Postby Enjay » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:18 pm

DomRem wrote:2) Active zombies try and shoot you...through walls.

Yeah, I noticed that one. On map01, unseen zombies started shooting (presumably at me), got caught in each-other's crossfire, started infighting and by the time I got to them, half of them were dead. :shock:
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby chaoscentral » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:54 pm

lol, yea cuz I had to copy and paste map 01 from doom 2 wad. But it was retarded when copying. So then it probably gave those errors. Also about the chaingun guy, I have no idea what happened with that. I noticed they have extremely low health, but it is somewhere around 500... The berserk thing, is just because the fists are not bound to a weapon slot.
chaoscentral

Postby DomRem » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:59 pm

chaoscentral wrote:I had to copy and paste map 01 from doom 2 wad. But it was retarded when copying. So then it probably gave those errors.

Actually, the zombie problem happens in all maps when you use the mod, original levels or not.
The berserk thing, is just because the fists are not bound to a weapon slot.

Ahhh. I kinda figured that but I was too lazy to check the KEYCONF. :wink:
about the chaingun guy, I have no idea what happened with that. I noticed they have extremely low health, but it is somewhere around 500

I'm not sure either, but it is extremely strange. The chaingun guy keeps "dying" as you hurt him until he really does run out of health and you can't shoot his body anymore. I have a demo which shows this strange behavior; it's in a custom map, so I'd have to zip them together if you wanted to see it.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chronoteeth » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:02 pm

Download does not work, even when right clicking and saving target as. It is corrupt.
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby DomRem » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:10 pm

Umm...I dunno. Maybe it's your computer or something, because I just tried it and it works.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chaoscentral » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:24 pm

ok... I'll upload the new version in 5 min. I fixed all of the bugs... or maybe just the 3 that were mentioned. not the thing with the flashight and the water. I might just get rid of the flashlight all together.
chaoscentral

Postby chaoscentral » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:37 pm

ok... new one uploaded. Same link

Link outdated...

Right Click Save Target As...
Last edited by chaoscentral on Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoscentral

Postby DomRem » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:49 pm

Actually, the fist still isn't defined.

I don't really mind that much, though, because the ridiculously strange bugs(with the chaingunner and the "x-ray vision" zombies) are finally gone.

chaoscentral wrote:I might just get rid of the flashlight all together.

Testing this out in a dark place, the flashlight just gave me a strange lightish/dark thing in front of me that hindered my vision more than helped it. It might've been a good idea at first, but it hasn't worked out well, so I'd trash it.

EDIT: Uh oh, I just noticed another bug, though this isn't really serious. The sectors that are normally marked as secret in Map01 aren't anymore, so the automap shows 0 secrets.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chaoscentral » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:11 pm

meh. not much of a bug. i'm too lazy to mark them. so w/e... after i do the machine gun, ill remove the flashlight and maybe add those flags.
chaoscentral

Postby DomRem » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:38 pm

Alright, but in the meantime I updated my mirror, only difference between ours is that the secrets are marked on mine. Once again, it's split up into two :? :

EDIT: Links outdated.

EDIT2: Heh, I found more "bugs." Some lift switches did things a bit differently compared to the regular Map01(came down too fast, didn't stay down long enough, etc.), y'know, a couple imperfections. They're fixed for my version. Hmmm... it seems so far I have helped out a lot more with bugfinding than hosting...
Last edited by DomRem on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chaoscentral » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:52 pm

lol ill make sure to copy em from urs lol... btw i added the achine gun to mine. It works perfectly
chaoscentral

Postby soft_haxorz » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:04 am

I think the flashlight would be better if you did this to the DECORATE code:

Code: Select allExpand view
ACTOR Doom3Flashlight : Weapon 30030
{
   Inventory.PickupMessage "You got the Flash Light!"
   Inventory.PickupSound "misc/d3pickup"
   Weapon.SelectionOrder 3500
   States
   {
   Spawn:
      FLSH A -1
      LOOP
   Ready:
      D3FG A 1 A_Light2
      D3FG A 0 A_WeaponReady
      LOOP
   Deselect:
      D3FG A 0 A_Light0
      D3FG A 1 A_Lower
      LOOP
   Select:
      D3FG A 1 A_Raise
      LOOP
   Fire:
      D3FG A 0 A_Light0
      D3FG ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO 1
      D3FG P 1 A_CustomPunch(6, 0, 0, "BulletPuff")
      D3FG QRST 1
      Goto Ready
   }
}

The smoke is OKAY and I would suggest you remove it from the pistol. It doesn't look right.
soft_haxorz
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Postby DomRem » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:47 pm

@soft_haxorz - I tested your DECORATE. While it looks kind of strange that the entire area in your POV lights up instead of just a single beam of light, it is definitely better than the current flashlight.

@chaoscentral - If you don't have any complaints, I'm going to put this in the wiki. Yes, I will actually work on it, and not just give a link to the latest version.

EDIT: Done.
DomRem
not DoomRem

Postby chaoscentral » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:02 pm

ok, tonight im uploading new version, with ur fixed map01 and the flashlight, and also the machine gun.
chaoscentral

Postby chaoscentral » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:21 pm

all updated, you can find version 3 at the link posted earlier in the topic. or in the wiki your choice
chaoscentral

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects