Doom 3 Weapons MOD[Update:08/14/06][Download Pg. 1]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

Alright, I got your e-mail, and made a couple changes. One was kinda minor; you spelled my name wrong :P (it's DomRem, not DoomRem), although you're not the first to make this mistake, so it's alright.

Secondly, when I tried to test it, ZDoom complained about DECALDEF line 5 and SmallScorch not being defined. Now, I don't know anything about DECALDEF, so all I could do was to change it to Scorch. I can't imagine this makes a big difference, but it's there, just in case you don't like that.

Finally, while I was trying to upload the zip file, Freewebs told me I couldn't upload files bigger than 750 kb because my website isn't a week old, and the zip was 768 kb. So I had to split it in two. :( One contains the sprites, and the other the lumps and sounds. I'll post the links as soon as I upload it.
chaoscentral

Post by chaoscentral »

lol. Im going to send you the udated wad. I noticed that line 5 in decal def too. I also made it so its doom 2 wad friendly. (it makes it so you start off with the doom 3 pistol instead. So ill make sure to fix ur name and send you the updated one.
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

Heh, I went to a lot of trouble to do this but here they finally are. Yes, it is freewebs, so drag it into the address bar, copy and paste it into the adress bar, or whatever else you may do:

EDIT: Links outdated.

@chaoscentral: I'm getting tired. Send it tonight if you want, but I'll update the version tomorrow.
Last edited by DomRem on Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoscentral

Post by chaoscentral »

no need. I have a freewebs account, but their servers are slow as crap. So i took the liberty of making a damn tripod account, and uploading there... (hope they dont delete the account. This goes against the user agreement.)

Link outdated...

right click save target as
Last edited by chaoscentral on Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chaoscentral

Post by chaoscentral »

srry for double post but it is my thread, and im too lazy to edit. but Domrem, leave your up as a mirror. just modify the one I uploaded... If you want
Arcane

Post by Arcane »

The smoke sucked because.. well.. It was ugly and amazingly unrealistic.

Real smoke doesn't get fired at the enemy. If you want something closer, try making it as transparent as possible, make it waft upward, and die after a second.
chaoscentral

Post by chaoscentral »

thats what it does. its transparency is 0.10 and it only lasts a second it never shot at the enemy
Arcane

Post by Arcane »

When I tested it it sprayed smoke slowly forward, irritating me badly.
Killionaire

Post by Killionaire »

I get-- script error "DECORATE" line 20. "Weapon.SelectionOrder" is an unknown actor property.

Guess its just me since everyone else is getting it up and running. Anybody have an idea how to get this working?
Arcane

Post by Arcane »

You need the community build.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Yeah, you get that message if you have an old build and (AFAIK) the wad wants to replace one of the first weapons you get (pistol or fist)
Killionaire

Post by Killionaire »

Sorry, community build is not ringing any bells here.

I hate to sound stupid, but is that in the stickied post at the top of this section? I've been away from the boards for a few months, guess i have a lot of catching up to do.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

This is quite a cool collection of weapons. I like the shotgun and, although I don't like the D3 plasma gun much, I do like your graphic.

However, I agree with the smoke comments. It doesn't look good IMO and, actually, there must be something wrong with the weapons. eg I've fired quite a few pistols, and you just don't get a smoke puff like that.

The flashlight, well, it kind of gives the impression that it's doing something but it's too flickery and it doesn't actually seem to help at all. Things are less clear when using it in a dark area than without it because the sprites cut down what you can see. :? What's more, point the light at a liquid floor when you have a splash wad loaded and you get the light making loads of splashes on the water. Evidence of the particulate nature of light? :)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

The community build is (AFAIK) known as .96x and comprises of (mainly) Graf Zahl's and Grubbers patched updates for small and easy requests.
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

@Killionaire - http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=5816

@chaoscentral - My brother's been online all day, so while I was waiting for my chance to get on I playtested the wad. Unfortunately I managed to find a number of bugs, three in particular. I don't even know how two of them came into existence, but here they are:

1) The Chaingun Guy is totally "broken." Get this: nearly every time you shoot him, he "dies" but is still alive! His body will be lying there but you can still shoot him. He also has no attack sound.

2) Active zombies try and shoot you...through walls.

3) If you get berserk and switch to a different weapon, you cannot switch back to the fist.

Now, I'm not a good explainer, which is why I hope you understood what I meant by this, and I hope you can find the problem and fix these. Otherwise, I have a wad and demo which shows these problems.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”