Complex Chaos (Discontinued)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: [WIP]Complex Chaos (aka CPlex) - New video (p.3)

Postby RevanGarcia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm

Major Cooke wrote:Due to security concerns, Discord invitation links are disabled for now.

Oh man, that's a shame. I hope everything is ok.
I can't wait for this mod, I'm so excited.

My ready is body.
RevanGarcia

Postby ate0ate » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:53 am

I noticed the github is gone, is this DOA?

EDIT:I didn't mean that to sound abrupt, it just that this is an almost insanely huge undertaking...
ate0ate

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:21 am

Nah I forgot to set the repository to private to begin with. Oops.

Sorry, but I don't want to give anything away too quickly now. ;)

The mod's still underway, and you're right. It's a tremendous undertaking. I swear I feel like I'm reconstructing AEoD all over from the ground up but from a different lens this time.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby slayerogames » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:16 pm

1. Will this be in one easy-to-use .pk3 package?
2. Where's some of the beta stuff/Is this mod ready for download?
slayerogames

Discord: slayerogames#2088
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:18 pm

1. It'll be compressed down to two or three packages, EXCLUDING Complex Doom which you must also download. But rest assured, the number of files will be much smaller. Some content is also being removed, making it lighter.

2. No. I'm a looooong way from being ready and have had to force myself to take a break and work on something smaller to avoid burnout.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby rapturealex » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 pm

My man ! The latest version of clusterfuck (dev build 4.14) works on GZDOOM ! Not sure if it's zscript or acs but it does. Can you cannibalize it and not work from scratch ? Also, setup a donation page with a goal to make it easier !
rapturealex

Postby Linz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Wait really
Linz

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:10 pm

rapturealex wrote:My man ! The latest version of clusterfuck (dev build 4.14) works on GZDOOM ! Not sure if it's zscript or acs but it does. Can you cannibalize it and not work from scratch ?

I'm not starting from scratch. I was starting off from 4.1. Also, too much code has changed on my end to do that. You've no idea how much time I've spent on making weapons not need reload with a cvar. So much has changed... and yet there's still so much more to go. Furthermore, this also affects all the monsters too. Many of them have been overhauled, mechanics-wise and the code cleaned out dramatically.

And I doubt Mr. Satan would be willing to give out the ACS scripts under any circumstances.

But one of the biggest reasons why I'm not going to is because I'm also pruning a lot of content, especially stuff from HEM and other content from other parties who have been at odds with CF for a long time.

The biggest reason though, is I'm tired. Tired of this damage immunity formula. Tired of the massive imbalance that can only be fixed by collecting runes. Tired of chance fucking over the player when the player should be in control, and all the one-shot kills. And I've already begun cutting those strings.

So, no. I can't.

rapturealex wrote:Also, setup a donation page with a goal to make it easier !

If I were more reliable and consistent with my attention and not at risk of burning out I would, but I don't think anyone would contribute at any rate. I have nothing to offer, nor could I offer anything either. I wouldn't want to give out exclusivity beta testing ranks because that just means potential leaks; I want to keep it to trusted users alone.

-----

That being said, I'm taking a break from working on this mod for the time being because I need something smaller and shorter to work on. Hence, I'm working on Triple M right now since the task of converting Complex Chaos is overwhelmingly large.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby rapturealex » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:31 pm

Respect ! I feel you, regarding burnout ! No worries. When it's done it's gonna be an absolute beast in the top 1 (yes, a few mods can only occupy the same rank in my book) !
rapturealex

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Heh. Hopefully it can meet your expectations. There's so much to do. :mrgreen:
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby TerryIsGod » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:03 pm

could you please give me the link for complex chaos since i rlly want to play with it?
TerryIsGod

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:47 pm

It's not done. Sorry.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby Linz » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:18 pm

I know this mod is on a hiatus due to workload and all,but can I ask a few questions?
Linz

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm

It's not on hiatus, just on hold. But go ahead.

And you don't need permission to ask. :P
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby Linz » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:26 pm

1.So judging from an earlier post,you're gonna cut damage immunities all together? Does this mean we can take out Legendary monsters and shit with Legendary weapons?

2.What are you gonna do to make things a little more fair? You've mentioned adding a progressive mode,but what else? Will there be an option to go completely random like in the orginal?

3.You think you'll manage to finish the thing when you get back to it in the future? Sounds like it's gonna take a year or even more judging from the large workload comments

4.Why are you called Major Cooke anywho?;3
Linz

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects