Complex Chaos (Discontinued)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Complex Chaos (Discontinued)

Post by Major Cooke »

Ever wanted to play the Complex Doom addon Clusterfuck on GZDoom but couldn't due to incompatibility?

This addon will serve to do just that. It's an extensive port that brings in all those fabled Nemesis, Vexed, and so on for you to battle it out to your heart's content.

But there's some additional features!
  • Compatibility with D4D
  • Progressive mode. When enabled, monster spawns are determined by how far you've come via runes.
  • Reworked slot system
    1. Melee
    2. Pistols
    3. Shotguns
    4. Machine and Chainguns
    5. Rocket Launchers
    6. Plasma Rifles
    7. Railguns
    8. BFGs
    9. Non-tech Weaponry
  • Reworked weapon behaviors
    • Uses the actual reload key
    • Weapons that have empty clips automatically reload, but you can switch away at any time to cancel it.
    • Land mines and hand grenades are now thrown instantly - no more animation, and works with other mod weaponry too. Also affected by infinite ammo now!
    • Reload requirement can be disabled, but this does not affect super/sawed-off shotguns. Sorry Hexa Shotty, you're too stronk for that.
    • When reloading is disabled, ammunition automatically fills up in the primary bar, so you won't even need to perform the reload animation.
    • Much faster weapon switching for all weapons (equivalent to D4D's)
  • New items (to name just a select few)
  • Epic monster infighting! Place your bets! True Legendary Sentient versus True Legendary Cyberdemon! Hellfire Cyberdemon versus Demented Terminator! Who will win!? :twisted:
And much more!
Spoiler: Important Info
Videos
Spoiler: Videos
In the mean time, you can check out these channels to find out what Clusterfuck is.
DustedPandemonic
UltraViolence
Silent One

When?
To be determined.

Stay tuned for more updates! :D
Last edited by Major Cooke on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ribo Zurai

Re: [WIP]ClusterPlex - Clusterfuck for GZDoom

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I'm so ready for this.
TaporGaming
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by TaporGaming »

Work in progress GZDOOM one. But about the Complex Doom Compatibility?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

It's meant to be an addon for Complex Doom v26a2. Think of (Insane) Legendary Doom, the (near) entire clusterfuck addon and merged into one package that sits atop as a single addon to Complex Doom.

Will look like this on launchers.
Blux001

Post by Blux001 »

I have a question, will also have compatibility with the mod of Call Of DOOM Black Warfare Light/Vanilla Edition?, or some patch... I say it because I like to operate mods ... sorry for the curiosity
TaporGaming

Post by TaporGaming »

It's also compatbility for brutal doom?
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Major Cooke, in literally the original post of this thread, wrote:
  • VERY high chance ClusterPlex will NOT work with other addons, due to ZScript being used to replace conventional methods.
affandede

Post by affandede »

TaporGaming wrote:It's also compatbility for brutal doom?
Stop. I love Brutal Doom as much as you do, but seriously, stop. Brutal Doom alters the actors, just like any other gameplay mod out there. It can't magically brutalize anything you load on top of it.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Major Cooke wrote:Uses the actual reload key
I'm sold.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

The moment my fucking internet returns, i'll make sure to emphasize that this is for complex doom. Doing it by phone is painful.

I kinda walked right into this though and only specified addons without mentioning that I will only make D4D compatible for now. Other mods will need to adopt the system I set up, once finalized.

I already have a few schematics mods must use.
All mods that want to become compatible must:
  • use the SlotNumber and SlotPriority properties because CP overrides KEYCONF weapon settings.
  • Sacrifice Zandronum compatibility since even ACS has changed.
I have yet to figure out how to utilize ZScripts file reader. IF I can set up a parser, mods can have a file that Zandronum wont read so monsters can be added to specific categories. Same with weapons, etc. Then perhaps mods can adapt a little easier without risking compatibility.

But thats all i can say for getting monsters and weapons spawning. The rest will be up to the author to make sure it even runs. Heh.

The only reason I made D4D compatible is because its my mod. Brutal doom will need to adapt to my coding if yoi want it so badly. Same goes for all other mods.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

So glad Clusterplex is going to be a thing now. Wasn't sure if CF would ever get ported to GZDoom hehe. Gonna be nice to play Complex Doom without that pesky "GZDoom doesn't support console commands" error popping up at the start of every map. Also gonna be really interesting to see how this plays with D4D. Appreciate your dedication Major Cooke, constantly updating D4D, the last update with AEOD, and now this:)
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Yeeeaaaah... About that "GZDoom doesn't support console commands" issue...

Don't count on that being fixed in the foreseeable future. Complex Doom itself has this issue along with an addon or two which I have already fixed in said addons, but not CD itself. Fixing that is going to require Daedalus' permission to modify his creation and redistribute it, which he is against.

While I'll at least TRY to get his permission to redistribute his mod with a small change (WAD files extracted since that is very bad juju on RAM), even that has a very slim chance, if not none outright.

While I could write a guide on how to make the changes for the user, that's possibly a very grey area... While no one can stop that, I can't help but think it might be frowned upon. Granted though, Daedaulus did fix that little issue with v27, but since this is v26 we're talking about... Let's just say I'd like to remain as morally good as possible.

Still, I'll ask him about it above all else, maybe point him here and get him to state his thoughts on the matter.
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

I am interested in this, it will only be compatible with D4D?
Or any other mod that doesnt have any monsters?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

It's an addon built for Complex Doom v26a2. I just made D4D compatible on top of it for fun because I love triple jumping and air dashing. :P

The problem is, other mods would need to adapt to the setup in order for it to work. Even now, I'm nowhere near finished with the setup so it'll be a while before I give out specifics aside the weapon slot numbers/priority thing because that's not changing (see one of my previous posts).

I have no intention of altering mods that are not my own unless the owner asks for help with it.

Complex Doom v26a2 is mandatory since this is an addon, but D4D is optional. Though I should note the compatibility is more for D4D's sake than Clusterplex's.
TaporGaming

Post by TaporGaming »

Idk Enraged Legendary Imp's Sounds used for Doom 4 Imp sounds.
and also Enraged Legendary Soul uses the Doom 4 Lost Soul sprites

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”