[WIP]WolfenDoom: Old Wounds

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

what should this TC be renamed too

WolfenDoom: Old Wounds
77%
WolfenDoom: *Leaving a comment about this part*
No votes
keep the same name
23%
*Leaving a comment about a name*
No votes

Total votes : 22

Re: [WIP]WolfenDoom: Old Wounds

Postby JoeyTD » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:16 am

CeeJay wrote:No maps ?

When I start a new game I just get regular stock DOOM levels.

EDIT:
That look like this:
:lol:

oh boi I knew someone was gonna do that.
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Postby CeeJay » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 pm

Well, it's kind of my natural instinct when trying something DOOM related. Open menu, start game, etc.

Gave the test map a quick run. The bosses seem to be massive bullet-sponges when compared to the originals, I started out with a full supply of bullets and by the time I had killed them all I was down to only three bullets. Intentional?
CeeJay

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:27 pm

Yeah, i also had the same problem 'accidentally' playing the doom 2 with the mod. But i did play it in the test map because it's finished and all.

Except some bosses play misplaced sight sound and fire missile from wrong offset, it's fne. But is there any way to disable the retro filter? I know it looks so neat and retro with it, but it would make my eyes sore, sadly.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Cheater87 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:01 am

Loving this mod, so much fun.
Cheater87

Postby Cheater87 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Finished it, that was a lot of fun!
Cheater87

Postby JoeyTD » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:42 am

Happy new years to everyone!

This isn't how I wanted to start the new year out but I'm canceling this TC mod.
This TC mod started out as a change for me to make something bigger then my previous mod "Vanilla as Fuck", after nearly 4 years in a dev loop I caved in.

many factors went into my choose.

Art style: classic wolfenstein 3D sprites are easy/mid to make thing for but when it comes down to the Jaguar/macintosh sprites it just hard all round to make things.
64x64 you can easily make a lot of stuff with the lowest amount of details and still look good but now upscale that to 128x128 and you have to work more on the details that may not come out looking right.

Lack of Help: before I get an further on this one I like to thank everyone who helped me to the best of their abilities. Not much help from people on this and I mostly believe it has to do with the art style as stated above.

Personal Life: Not much to say on this one.

Motivation: After my second year on this TC I started to feel like it wasn't going anywhere, so I started to work on other projects in hope it would jump start my drive for this TC. sadly not.

that the end of this mod but not all hope was lost, out of the many factors I ended up making a gameplay mod from this.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=70666

All custom assets I made for this mod are free to use.
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Previous

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects