[0.5A Release] ZRift - Chasm in Doom and Heretic

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
HAL9000

Re: [0.3a Release] ZRift - Chasm in Doom (DL link in OP)

Post by HAL9000 »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:Another solution would be to create an entirely new weapon that manages to be completely original while still feeling effective; if there was one thing that the original game was praised for, it was the original loadout of weapons the player could use (laser crossbow instead of a plasma rifle, for example).
New Weapon?
Maybe something like Unreal's Flak Cannon?
Last edited by HAL9000 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

HAL9000 wrote: New Weapon?
Maybe something like Unreal's Flak Cannon?
That’s not a bad idea at all. Maybe something like a flak or shrapnel cannon would work.
Pandut
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Pandut »

Honestly, I'm leaning towards something that adds a new style to the game. Specifically some sort of flamethrower-styled weapon. I want to avoid powercreep and making weapons too similar, so a standard shotgun and flamethrower in the CQC slots feels fitting to me.

EDIT: An alt-fire mode could just expel superheated pellets akin to a shrapnel cannon, so possibly both.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Pandut wrote:An alt-fire mode could just expel superheated pellets akin to a shrapnel cannon, so possibly both.
YES!!! Good idea!

New Weapon will be awesome! :D
I bet Pandut will create something epic.

P.S. Quick Weapon Teaser:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Purely epic, and retrospective indeed! But needs more dark brown and greenish color, if you know what i mean. ;)
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Map Intermission, Early WIP (Chasm/Zrift Comparison)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

This game had a lot more content than I was expecting! What exactly is the theme of all these monsters, sort of Quake but not really? I've seen gameplay videos but never played the game myself so I don't really know what it's about.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Can't wait for detachable limbs to be added. This is shaping up to be better than the actual game with all the bells and whistles being added (Not to mention that getting the actual game to run is torture).
-Ghost- wrote:This game had a lot more content than I was expecting! What exactly is the theme of all these monsters, sort of Quake but not really? I've seen gameplay videos but never played the game myself so I don't really know what it's about.
It's about aliens that invade different time periods or something. And once there they assume time-appropriate forms, which is why there's a mishmash of futuristic marines, medieval jesters and barbarians, and other bizarre stuff.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

HAL9000 wrote:Map Intermission, Early WIP (Chasm/Zrift Comparison)
Zrift one looks flat... But oh well, GZDoom's limitation has own intentions, i guess!
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Captain J wrote:Zrift one looks flat... But oh well, GZDoom's limitation has own intentions, i guess!
No Limitations :), Zrift Intermission Map is the exact replica of Chasm version,in terms of dimensions and textures, with some extra details added.
I just need to adjust the camera angle and add more model assets, and probably more map details.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

HorrorMovieGuy wrote:This is shaping up to be better than the actual game with all the bells and whistles being added (Not to mention that getting the actual game to run is torture).
Panzerchasm is your Friend https://github.com/Panzerschrek/Chasm-Reverse/releases you just need CSM.BIN from the Original game.
4shot

Post by 4shot »

Pretty impressive for a mod still early on in development, and it's great to see Chasm isn't entirely forgotten either.
After playing it on the scythe2 wad, I decided to mess around with a few things.
Attachments
Acidburner. Functions similarly to a standard flamethrower, but spews bursts of toxic acid in place of fire. Holds 100 rounds and 200 with a backpack acquired.
Acidburner. Functions similarly to a standard flamethrower, but spews bursts of toxic acid in place of fire. Holds 100 rounds and 200 with a backpack acquired.
Xero. A fallen soldier brought back from death by the Timestrikers. Can catch up to the player easily, and equipped with a semi-automatic high-damage plasma repeater that can wear down the player in mere seconds.
Xero. A fallen soldier brought back from death by the Timestrikers. Can catch up to the player easily, and equipped with a semi-automatic high-damage plasma repeater that can wear down the player in mere seconds.
The Brigadier (right of the stratos and lieutenant for size comparison). A larger stratos that rapidly shoots out exploding fireballs that can home in on the player from a distance, and sprays up-close with a flamethrower.
The Brigadier (right of the stratos and lieutenant for size comparison). A larger stratos that rapidly shoots out exploding fireballs that can home in on the player from a distance, and sprays up-close with a flamethrower.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

DOPEFISH LIVES!
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Hey. This is awesome. Never played the original game but it seems to be really cool. 8-)

The only thing I don't understand is the pistol that shoots gibs. Lol. What's up with that? :lol:
Last edited by elCreyo on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Amazing new enemies! Also have to say, 'Swim Swim and Hungry-'

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”