Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 2 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

Some of the new sprite work for the old bosses. Dr. West looks great now, Mueller has a better face and gives you a glimpse of her human form in the manor level, and the lake monster looks more like its genesis counterpart.

I'm also changing the scientist battle in the manor level of episode 2 so it has the spirit of the same boss fight in the genesis version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
QuakedoomNukem Cz
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:27 am
Discord: #2091
Location: Smržovka; Czech Republic

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 2 Episodes!

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Oh my god, that lake monster looks fucking terrifying. Awesome sprite work, man.
ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 2 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Oh my god, that lake monster looks fucking terrifying. Awesome sprite work, man.
Wait til you see the teddy bear.

Here's a look at the new Dr. West and the new E2M4 boss area. These updates are available in the current download.

ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

Third episode added. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but has some cool new stuff and a bunch of minor fixes to the preexisting assets.

Give it a try and post any issues or suggestions for the final version!
skdursh
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:17 am

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by skdursh »

ImpieTwo wrote:Third episode added. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but has some cool new stuff and a bunch of minor fixes to the preexisting assets.

Give it a try and post any issues or suggestions for the final version!
Downloaded it and will play it tomorrow afternoon but you should probably alter the text on your website to let people know that it's an updated release as well, because it was hard to tell at first when I downloaded it if it was the new version or not. I wasn't sure until I looked at the difference in file size.
ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

skdursh wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:Third episode added. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but has some cool new stuff and a bunch of minor fixes to the preexisting assets.

Give it a try and post any issues or suggestions for the final version!
Downloaded it and will play it tomorrow afternoon but you should probably alter the text on your website to let people know that it's an updated release as well, because it was hard to tell at first when I downloaded it if it was the new version or not. I wasn't sure until I looked at the difference in file size.
Shit, thanks for the reminder. XD
whirledtsar
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by whirledtsar »

Played the first 3 levels of episode 3, very nice stuff. The atmosphere/scares seem to be even better than the other episodes. It may sound silly but those creepy toys really got me. But I don't know how to progress at the end of level 3 after the fakeout exit.

Also, I noticed something about the enemy balance that might need work. Every enemy is either cannon fodder that goes down in one bat swing, or a tank that takes 10+ SSG blasts to kill. Nothing in the middle.
ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

fluffyshambler wrote:Played the first 3 levels of episode 3, very nice stuff. The atmosphere/scares seem to be even better than the other episodes. It may sound silly but those creepy toys really got me. But I don't know how to progress at the end of level 3 after the fakeout exit.

Also, I noticed something about the enemy balance that might need work. Every enemy is either cannon fodder that goes down in one bat swing, or a tank that takes 10+ SSG blasts to kill. Nothing in the middle.
Fair point about monster health. I'll toy with a few monsters' health totals and see how it plays. The fetuses could probably do with -100 hp or so.

Head back the way you came when the m3 exit fakes you out.
whirledtsar
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by whirledtsar »

ImpieTwo wrote: Head back the way you came when the m3 exit fakes you out.
Thanks, for some reason i assumed it was a lock-in.

There is also an issue with the coding of the enemies & weapons - a lot of them fire multiple attacks in succession, and if they all connect then they'll spam their sounds/effects in an unpleasant way. Like how one bat swing makes multiple hit sounds/puffs on walls, or the leaping monsters play their hit sound every frame when jumping into you. Could possibly be remedied in Decorate by giving the actor a dummy inventory item on successful hits, and not playing a sound for awhile again if the actor possesses that item. Then take away the item when the attack state is over to reset for next time.
ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

fluffyshambler wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote: Head back the way you came when the m3 exit fakes you out.
Thanks, for some reason i assumed it was a lock-in.

There is also an issue with the coding of the enemies & weapons - a lot of them fire multiple attacks in succession, and if they all connect then they'll spam their sounds/effects in an unpleasant way. Like how one bat swing makes multiple hit sounds/puffs on walls, or the leaping monsters play their hit sound every frame when jumping into you. Could possibly be remedied in Decorate by giving the actor a dummy inventory item on successful hits, and not playing a sound for awhile again if the actor possesses that item. Then take away the item when the attack state is over to reset for next time.
They shouldn't be doing that since I removed that a few versions ago (except the dog things). When's the last time you downloaded?
whirledtsar
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by whirledtsar »

ImpieTwo wrote: They shouldn't be doing that since I removed that a few versions ago (except the dog things). When's the last time you downloaded?
Just a couple days ago when episode 3 was released.

Also, i just killed both spider-things in s3m4 and it said "one of two exterminated" even after killing the second one.
ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

Oh wait, I missed the doppelganger guys. They still go "whowhowhoosh" when they jump.
User avatar
Matias
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:59 am

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by Matias »

I've been playing the new episode as you know and found couple possible glitches

This one is in the first map of the third episode, i don't know what it is or if it has a purpose but it's visible from some angles
Spoiler:
This one is in the fourth map of the episode, in this area you can make the monster closet wall go down (atleast) twice
Spoiler:
These didn't make their way into videos since i found the first one while playing around with some settings and for the second one, i scrapped that video and re-recorded it because i got stuck and didn't want to upload a video of me running around aimlessly
ImpieTwo
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

Matias wrote:I've been playing the new episode as you know and found couple possible glitches

This one is in the first map of the third episode, i don't know what it is or if it has a purpose but it's visible from some angles
It's there for a reason. :twisted:
Matias wrote: This one is in the fourth map of the episode, in this area you can make the monster closet wall go down (atleast) twice
That should be fine. I don't think it can cause any problems.
User avatar
Matias
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:59 am

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by Matias »

ImpieTwo wrote:That should be fine. I don't think it can cause any problems.
sorry, i don't know why i was so unclear with that but it does create a hom

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”