[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
NachtIntellect

[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by NachtIntellect »

This mod is being bugfixed at a slow rate

After much deliberation I have decided to put this up on Zdoom forums it was originally on Zandronum forums considering I am starting to pull this into GZDoom territory over Zandronum it is probably best I post it here and since I am not getting too many replies from the Zandronum forums regarding bugs and I see a lot more users active here I was wondering if anyone could bugtest for me, some things you should know is that Verruckt and Command Control are not 100% complete they are however still playable to a certain extent, please report all bugs to me and give me instructive details of what you were doing at the time this particular build was meant for bugtesting as there are a lot of bugs rampant.

I also want to say, yes the zombies do get stuck that is to do with Doom's AI and unfortunately I have no fix for it yet but I will in time.

This mod is based on Nazi Zombies from COD: World at war, I am pretty sure you have heard of it by now but basically the player must survive rounds upon rounds of an infinite zombie onslaught if the player repairs barricades which zombies can break down they are given 10 points for each segment they repair, if a player kills zombies they are given points for that kill, points which you could buy weapons off the wall, open doors, buy perks or buy a random box (Mystery box) which will give you a random weapon to increase your overall survival rate.

This mod is based on just that with a mixture of WW2 weapons and some 1960+ weapons.

Here are some screenshots:
Spoiler: Screenshots
My tumblr incase people want to see more previews and different content, also handy if people want to ask me questions:
WhiteAce's Tumblr (Just a fair warning, nsfw I may or may not of reposted some stuff HDoom creators posted, sorry guys.)

New Link:
NZ:DE 0.8 (Developer Version/Debug build 0.5)

Map packs:
WhiteAce's Map pack (Demo V0.3)
Spoiler: Credits
As a last comment I would've usually added this later but someone managed to get an old version (0.7.4) working in D-touch for Android so if you are interested and own D-touch (Wait is it purchasable? I forgot) I would check out this video, you might be able to do the same with the version I have up:
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spotify premium

Re: [0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by Spotify premium »

:D hi my name is SPOOFY I am the person that made that video. Thank you for adding my video to your article (I'm new to this forum stuff, so I don't know the terms)
Spotify premium

Post by Spotify premium »

Can you add ambient sound effects for each specific map in the next update of NZ:DE?
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

Updated my map pack which was actually only serving as a backup, it should include a few bug fixes and what not, which you can find the link to here and in the OP, I didn't really find much point in updating this, but seeming as over 1,000 people viewed this thread, I might actually start posting updates here too.
Spotify premium wrote::D hi my name is SPOOFY I am the person that made that video. Thank you for adding my video to your article (I'm new to this forum stuff, so I don't know the terms)
No problem, thank you for making the video, I do appreciate any love the mod can get.
Spotify premium wrote:Can you add ambient sound effects for each specific map in the next update of NZ:DE?
I was thinking that too, y'know most of these maps seem way too quiet and to be honest part of the reason I had not already is because I worried about how older computers might have issues with me overloading maps with things like that, I might drop that ideal and focus a bit more on ambience and just make the maps seem a bit more detailed.
ElectricPulse
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ElectricPulse »

Good luck my friend, whatever you need i'm here to help :)
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

So uh, I just wanted to say, I am pretty much done with this it's in a very incomplete state but it's never really been my responsibility and to be honest I got a little tired of working on the same project day in and day out, if someone else wants to take over the project just make sure to inherit the credits list it would more than likely be much better left in someone else's hands maybe someone who has a lot of passion for the mod like I once did.

I will say this though, I've said over and over again I did not want to work on this project anymore in the Zandronum thread and part of that is because I wanted to make my own project, doing someone else's work is weighing me down especially when that work asks for so god damn many resources so have things like SCP-087-B Doom version to look forward to, I've had to rescind the release date for and original post on these forums because I want to spend a lot more time on it and I don't want to leave the topic open with no updates or just posts with only me being the postee.

Edit: Mods I would actually appreciate it if you lock it this time so I know there's no way of me actually going back on my word, if you can I thank you and if anyone wants to inquire into anything about the mod or reply to this, please instead message me I do not want to be given reason to come back to this.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”