Dark Prophecy - new screens and info

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
SouL

Re: Dark Prophecy - small update + video showcase

Post by SouL »

How does strength stat work? I'm having trouble getting that working on my own mod.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

soul: What do you mean? Like the internal mechanics? I'm using strength to calculate melee weapons damage. It's completely independent variable, not a player attribute or thing like that.

See this example:
DECORATE:

Code: Select all

ACTOR SavageDagger : Weapon 30007
{
	//$Category "ASTERION/weapons"
	//$Title Savage Dagger
	Tag "Dagger"
		Weapon.SlotNumber 1
	Weapon.SlotPriority 0.2
	Weapon.SelectionOrder 22
	inventory.icon "I_ASDG"

Weapon.KickBack 50
	Decal BulletChip
	Attacksound "weapons/maceHit"

States
	{
		Spawn:
		ASDG Y 1
		Loop

Ready:
		ASDG A 1 A_WeaponReady
		Loop

Select:
		ASDG A 1 A_Raise
		TNT1 A 0 A_Raise
		Loop

Deselect:
		ASDG A 1 A_Lower
		TNT1 A 0 A_Lower
		Loop

Fire:
		ASDG A 4
		ASDG B 5
		ASDG C 4
		ASDG D 3 
				{
					A_CustomPunch((ACS_NamedExecuteWithResult("getStrength",0,0,0))*random(2,10), 1,CPF_NOTURN, "SwordPuff");

}
		ASDG E 4
		ASDG F 5
		ASDG G 6
		ASDG H 5 A_ReFire
		ASDG A 4
		ASDG A 4
		goto Ready

}

}
And ACS:

script "getStrength" (void)
{
	SetResultValue(pStrength);

}

So, everything happens here:

ASDG D 3 
				{
					A_CustomPunch((ACS_NamedExecuteWithResult("getStrength",0,0,0))*random(2,10), 1,CPF_NOTURN, "SwordPuff");

}
- Damage parameter of A_CustomPunch is filled in by calculation: (ACS_NamedExecuteWithResult("getStrength",0,0,0))*random(2,10)
- ACS_NamedExecuteWithResult("getStrength",0,0,0) returns value of pStrength
- the returned value is multiplied by random(2,10)

Pretty simple. Player is allowed to raise his stats, so the damage is not pre - set.

The Thing Thing: Like I said, the demo is pretty much done. From the mechanics point of view. But I have to fill it in with immersive stuff - some world backgroudn inforamtion, npcs and conversations. And that part takes a lot of time.

EDIT:

One question to anyone who would care: Do you have any sounds of chanting/praying? I have a decorate script to recharge mana, but it would be way much better, if it had any sound for the animation. It is intended to be used near shrines, so the player is "praying" to recharge mana. I need the praying sound.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Quick one pal.

Are you finished with Shadows Of Apocalypse for now?

I only ask because I put a shout out to you in Ashes.

But if need a hand with anything here, give me a shout. This looks really cool so far, and that door script was real nifty. ;)
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Vostyok: Well, development of SoA is now very slow. I'm short on new ideas, and I'm little more focused on this.

But as I polished some scripts, I will include these scripts into SoA.
Last edited by ramon.dexter on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Whoa, Dark Prophecy made it into realm667!!!

http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/ku ... k-prophecy
ramon.dexter

Dark Prophecy - small update

Post by ramon.dexter »

Whoa, just finished translating of the asterion history. 4 A4 pages of text. Well, am I graphomaniac? The world is very well described, with some differencies from conventional DnD stuff. I don't know any DnD setting, I have only played the Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter NIghts, so I can say the asterion setting is pretty different from some 'conventional' settings, in ways of how the world works.
For example, there exists something like basic physics law, called 'The Formability', but it is affected by one's actions. If one's actions are good enough (meaning something like the bravest of the bravest heroes, with no negative aspects), he could be allowed to change into dragon form. And on the opposite, if one's actions are sickest of the sickest, he will turn into something resembling an orc, and finally could change into dark dragon form. While orcs are pretty common and forms one of the separate races (while in fact they are not a separate race), dragons, both good and dark, are rare. In the whole setting are mentioned only three good dragons and one or two dark dragons. But there are also artificially crated dragonhumans, but that will be revealed in the game.
Also, magic behaves little bit different, than in classical setting. No inteligent magical artifacts (meaning no speaking books, or doors). But there are planes (think something like in planescape, but only three planes). Also, will be revleaed ingame. I won't spoil everything :wink:

Small sample of one of many texts, that will make it into the game:
(keep in mind that I have not created this stuff. I'm only using already existing setting)
Spoiler:
daimon

Re: Dark Prophecy - small update

Post by daimon »

looks awesome!
Zen3001

Re: Dark Prophecy - small update

Post by Zen3001 »

looks very much like a elder scroll game
cant wait
ramon.dexter

Dark Prophecy - pics update and some info on what's going on

Post by ramon.dexter »

Hello all from Asterion :D

Work's slowly advancing forward, since I started work on background story and stuff alike. I want to keep it civil as possible, but also inetersting. It will be the usual stuff about saving the worlds, kicking bad guys ass and making love to the beauty, nothing cliche :D But no, the world of Asterion is interesting enough to make an interesting story, so don't be afraid it will be boring.

My original plan was to make an open world, something like Morrowind or Skyrim. But that means a LOT of scripting. So I'm orienting now to a partly open world, meaning player will be able to freely roam only couple of maps, not all of them. And since it will be story oriented, I want to keep it little bit more restricted.

And I starting to feel the need of some support. I can do a mapping and coding work, but I lack the patience needed to make sprites. So if anyone would help me (Captain?), I would be happy to welcome him in my team.

But I also mapped a little. Here is showcase of second map, a town where player will start his search. Some of you could find this city little bit familiar.
Here are the pics.
Spoiler:
ramon.dexter

Dark Prophecy - playable demo download(firstPost)

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well well well, I decide to release a pre-alpha playable demo. So, anyone can download it and play it. Only map01, but it has some dialogues, two combat zones and stuff to try. Download link in first post. Hope you like it :)
Hipnotic Rogue

Re: Dark Prophecy - playable demo download(firstPost)

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Just downloaded in anticipation of some free time tomorrow to give this a blast.

It looks really interesting. :)
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

How long have you been working on this? The level of detail is incredible for the amount of time you've had, it seems!

Very impressed so far.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, I started working on this around christmas. I got and idea and I had to create it, so I was working on it since christmas. This map took me around two weeks. That's my "normal" level of detail :) I can also make an "insane" level of detail, but since my main dev machine is only core-i5 with intelHD graphics, I'm trying to keep the "normal" level if possible.
And it's only pre-aplha, in the means it lacks lots of npcs and stuff. I just wanted to know if it is working ok.

Please, is it working ok for you? No bugs? I had encountered some graphical glitches like missing floor flats in some areas.

Also, here are some small guides, if you don't know what to do:
- Player is memeber of The Wielders - powerful, but secret oganization focused on gathering and developing knowledge. More could be know from the dialogues.
- You can tray two "training dungeons" - The Wielders have created a training areas for their memebers to refine their skills. Little easter egg included. The training areas could be found in location called "Arcane research".
- You can start the main quest. First, you have to tal to the mage between the teleports in arcane research. He can tell you that the leader want's to speak with you. This will trigger the dialogue that leads to main quest assignement and little ceremony :)
- The building on the western side, with lots of bookshelves and computers inside. Check it. You can read some stuff from the world of Asterion, that I have yet translated. The translation takes a lot of time.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

The game didn't like jumping into random other maps. Seems like it couldn't recognise the stats scripts if you did that, and melee weapons/ spells didn't really work.
Some sprites really seem out of place - like the Daggerfall spell hands mixed with Hexen Cleric and Mage together? Ok.
Text was kinda hard to read on higher resolutions, but that seems true with all mods. Meh. The Stat generator text could hang around longer, for instance.
Killing civilians didn't seem to annoy anyone. Haha that was kinda fun though. Stab stab stabby stab....
I like the weapons selection. Maybe have some kind of junked together rifle, as a stop-gap between the swords and plasma weapons.
Four crossbows seems to be a little excessive. Maybe differing ammo types for one weapon?
Is that disciple on the teleport pad support to thwack me once before I get a chance to teleport?

That's what I noticed so far. Will try and give a proper play at some point.
Ozymandias81

Re: Dark Prophecy - pics update and some info on what's goin

Post by Ozymandias81 »

ramon.dexter wrote:Some of you could find this city little bit familiar.
Aaawww, Balmora :wub:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”