METROID DOOM - The Galaxy is still doomed...

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: METROID DOOM - The Galaxy is still doomed...

Post by Kinsie »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
AdmiralAjax wrote:Out of all the things in the list, Brutal Doom Compatibility is the absolutely LEAST needed and I don't know why you added it.
Look at the reason I put that: I was looking to see how much better the Imps, Revenants, and Icon of Sin that that mod has worked with the new features. When I tried it, the missiles fired repeatedly. I want to know why, because it could be a problem later.
It's not a bug. :wink:
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Weasel is correct. It's less a matter of "I explicitly gave permission" and more that Literally Anybody is allowed to do stuff to Dreadnought.
SAraisXenoQueen wrote:You don't have any images. You have no development to show us. Are you sure you're working on something? YOUR work? What have you contributed, or attempted to contribute?
This is the bigger issue. One of the rules of the forum is to show something of your own work when posting a project. This topic is just a big wishlist of things for other people to do.
SAraisXenoQueen

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

My misunderstanding. I'll go back in my cage.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Wait, before you go...
SAraisXenoQueen wrote: and looks like you're trying to shoehorn in some unnecessary MLP bullshit
I would also like to know, what are you even referring to, here?
SAraisXenoQueen

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

Ethril wrote:Wait, before you go...
SAraisXenoQueen wrote: and looks like you're trying to shoehorn in some unnecessary MLP bullshit
I would also like to know, what are you even referring to, here?
External communication. The relevance is not noteworthy.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

You know, after thinking about this more, I'm debating how much this is a Gameplay mod versus an actual TC. Terminus never really wanted to go that route, but I'm talking about it from the perspective of having completely new maps... I might ask for this to be moved to the TC forum at some point.

In the mean time, I'm back at the computer with the Doom stuff, so I'll be trying to post a few things now...
TerminusEst13 wrote:Weasel is correct. It's less a matter of "I explicitly gave permission" and more that Literally Anybody is allowed to do stuff to Dreadnought.
SAraisXenoQueen wrote:You don't have any images. You have no development to show us. Are you sure you're working on something? YOUR work? What have you contributed, or attempted to contribute?
This is the bigger issue. One of the rules of the forum is to show something of your own work when posting a project. This topic is just a big wishlist of things for other people to do.
Right, see statement repeated in every post throughout the day. I know YOU know I've been working on stuff because I keep asking about the underlying code.
For the record, the specific thing I said was "Y'all should thank me for having the clarity of mind to recognize that MLP is NOT good wad material." No idea where you got me wanting to incorporate MLP. Though, to be fair, it was either this or a mod which replaces Doomguy with Pinkie Pie and the plasma rifle with Twilight Sparkle.... XD

Edit: on second thought, I might just make a new thread there and delete this one. I mean, holy crap, I forgot to include a link in a single post before going to bed and leaving for the day, and y'all literally went on about it for a page and a half of accusations and complaints. Y'all need to chill out and remember that, In a couple months, it's really not going to matter what I forgot to put in that first post, what's going to matter is what can come out of a few months of work...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, um, the projects forum is for projects that demonstrably exist. It's an important rule because lots of people announce projects when they've got nothing done of them, then lose interest, and the thread just sorta sits there taking up space. It's not that we're trying to discourage you or disrespect you. It's that we have literally seen more than a thousand project threads start only to fizzle out in a page or two with nothing to show. There is no shame in having a learning project, or a small mod, before you get all ambitious and try to pick up where another author several years more experienced left off.

[edit] But please do feel free to start another thread when you feel that you have something to show. People will be more interested in helping if they can be sure that their project lead is doing some work themselves.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”